Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370192 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3255 on: August 04, 2011, 04:41:55 pm »

EU3 DW, Misc Mods, Dark Europe setup.

So I was playing the Christian country somewhere between Spain and France. I was doing so well, colonizing everything. Getting loads of money...

Apparently Morocco didn't like that. Jerks, they didn't even have a border.

*Insert lots of DoWs from not only Islam nations, but CHRISTIAN NATIONS. And lots of rebels* Bastards.

Eventually, I was bankrupting. I knew from there I had lost.

Okay, round two! This time with a larger military!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:59 pm »

So I was playing the Christian country somewhere between Spain and France. I was doing so well, colonizing everything. Getting loads of money...

Navarra?
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

Took the Somme River by marching across my mixture of partisans, tanks, anti-tank cannons and artillery.

Flash forward 20 years and the second World War has started. Steam rolled Poland and Norway using (almost) the same tactics. Attempted to take France by going through Belgium. 
My armies were seperated and the 1st wave was flanked. Rushed in my second only to met with Norwegian bombers. Apparently I forgot to destroy all their airfields.

I rage quit after that since I ran out of resources to start the war moving again, plus the British were starting to wreck my shit with their bombers.
I didn't really die I guess, but I think I would have been executed due to my military failures and the fact I left everyone to die.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: August 04, 2011, 05:00:40 pm »

Who would have thought that TNT would be so highly damaging?
Terraria
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: August 04, 2011, 05:12:54 pm »

Navarra?
Nope. Starts with a C.

I believe in the normal campaign, they are already part of Aragon.

And now that's twice! EFFIN GRANADA EFFIN ARAGON YOU DAMN TROLLS ARGH.

Round 3!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: August 04, 2011, 05:27:45 pm »

Castilla? Either that, or Cordoba, although the time period might be too lat for Cordoba.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: August 04, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

I was a gold colored lizardman commander defending my doomed bunker from the endless horde of soldiers.  Most of my base defenses were in ruins, all my soldiers were dead.  My miner somehow decided that his go to ai order I gave him to dig out gold so I could buy reinforcements translated to "Dig off the bottom of the map and die."

But I was heavily armed, a machine gun, a sniper rifle and an ion cannon.  As my base slowly turned to rubble around me I took a teleporter to the delivery platform on the roof for my last stand, sniping those I could see, and blasting any landing aircraft with my ion cannon.  They wouldn't take me without a fight.

And then I missed a sniper rifle shot at a descending rocket at just the right angle for my bullet to wrap around the map and hit me in the back of my head.

Fail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: August 04, 2011, 06:24:28 pm »

Playing a Demonspawn Death Knight. Died from poison before i could find any healme potions... DARN THOSE SNAKES.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:37 pm »

Castilla? Either that, or Cordoba, although the time period might be too lat for Cordoba.
Nope. Catalunya.

Anyway, I do believe I finally stabilized my position! Granada vassalized, lots of territories colonized... I think I MIGHT be able to survive the Islam hordes now!

Oh, and speaking of Islam, Christianity isn't doing so well. At all. I'm likely the largest Catholic nation. Which explains just how nasty the scenario is for Christian nations. :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: August 04, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »

Dying very hard against what I think is the first boss in Hammerfight.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: August 04, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »

I was in a military base and I was fiddling around with their computers. I opened the doors to the insane asylum and was swarmed by ten suicide bombers in straightjackets. I didn't survive.

Name?
Take no Prisoners. I've been playing it using Virtualbox for a while. 'Tis a good game! It's for Windows 95. It will run on XP (I run it on Service Pack 2) just fine.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

First run in with rocket launchers, wow can they mess up your plans fast...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: August 04, 2011, 10:49:30 pm »

I was trying to carry a fridge and a safe from one part of the map back to home, all whilst suffering a strength-lowering disease or two. I got crushed! I don't even need those things!

Elona.
Everybody!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: August 05, 2011, 01:04:17 am »

Tried to disarm a shotgun trap. I failed and got shot right in the head.

(Cataclysm)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: August 05, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

I drank a bottle of vodka.

See above
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 1575