Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370393 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3225 on: July 30, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »

In the span of about 30 seconds, I hit spikes ~15 times and fell to my death ~20 times~

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: July 30, 2011, 04:01:31 pm »

Went through 10 characters in a span of an hour in crawl, i was trying to convince my self that the rng didnt hate me.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:08 pm »

Final Fantasy III on a Supernes emulator (which is actually FF6. I later beat him by draining every last one of his magic points, which he had more of than health).

I remember that tower.  It's significantly easier if you equip your entire party with reflect rings. I vagely remember having float cast most of the time too, but I don't recall if anything actually ever cast quake... Just about everything there will eventually just kill themselves with reflect on, including the boss.   And yea, he will ALWAYS use ultima as a final attack.  I think shell protects quite a bit against it, and when in doubt Life 3.   (Also casting reflect on the boss allows you to cast healing spells on your party by casting them on him and hoping the spells reflect back on the right person.  Should apply to shell too, but my memory is fuzzy on that particular game's reflect mechanics.)

EDIT:  Huh, never thought of osmos/rasping away all his MP.  If he's oom I bet he can't cast ultima when he dies...genius.

I should play that again...one of the last good FF games...

You can indeed drain all his mana, which blocks both Ultima and his normal spells. However, he has (IIRC) 50,000 mana points. That's a heck of a lot of Rasps. Unless you're on a low-level runthrough or something, just cast Reraise on one (or more!) of your party members.  ;)
(Low-level characters: The strategy is simple. Equip one of your party members with the weapon that drains mana. Equip a second character with the rod that heals on hit. Berserk both characters, then leave your game on overnight. The first character drains the boss's mana; the second character keeps the boss from dying before he's drained. Come back the next day, and use your remaining two characters to finish him off. Done!)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3228 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:32 am »

After getting myself killed twice by being stupid and toying around with my shiny new Eridian Tech weapons, I finally get around to one of the objectives after spending a decent amount of time clearing the enemies. I step inside the building and then *BAM*... black screen.

Not so much that I died as much as it is that virtual reality abruptly ceased to exist. Good news is since I didn't save normally I don't think I lost all the money from dying twice, bad news is it was a colossal waste of time.

While my video card decided that it had had enough, I'm sure that the rest of my computer searched for a trollface image on the intarwebz that it hid behind the screen of black abyss. I'm sure of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:56 pm »

Arena mode we were killing demons, undead, and ghouls with ease.  Then in my zeal I wandered just a little to close to a singularity and got sucked in.  Fortunately death is a slap on the wrist and my buddy resurrected me. 

Magicka.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: August 01, 2011, 12:55:10 pm »

After getting myself killed twice by being stupid and toying around with my shiny new Eridian Tech weapons, I finally get around to one of the objectives after spending a decent amount of time clearing the enemies. I step inside the building and then *BAM*... black screen.

Not so much that I died as much as it is that virtual reality abruptly ceased to exist. Good news is since I didn't save normally I don't think I lost all the money from dying twice, bad news is it was a colossal waste of time.

While my video card decided that it had had enough, I'm sure that the rest of my computer searched for a trollface image on the intarwebz that it hid behind the screen of black abyss. I'm sure of it.

Had something like that happen, with the same game. I was collecting some corrosive crystals in playthrough 1 with my new-as-of-that-time Mordecai character. After I pulled the trigger on that crystal, boom. Dead screen.

Power supply had been busted.

I had to buy a new one and install it that day.

As for the topic:

My overconfidence and ego got the best of me in Old Haven, having been swarmed by lance troopers and raped in ten seconds flat.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: August 01, 2011, 01:08:54 pm »

Not so much of a death than disappointing myself.
I turned the resolution down to 670x540 in ArmA II: Operation Arrow Head.
Kind of worth it, for the few extra frames per second it gives me. Kind of.

As for actual death, died in Cataclysm to a few zombies and a window.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:21 pm »

Tried to run a level 30 random dungeon as a level 18 alchemist with almost no points in defense and low armor by relying on Haste III and a shitton of mana potions, ran into a mess of enemy casters and got raped.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 01, 2011, 02:31:52 pm »

I somehow made my way halfway through the town to a street with a grocery store and two hardware stores, found a shovel, and entrenched my way around the store. I looted the nearby houses and the grocery store, and got bored after getting sieged by three dozen zombies who died in my trenches.

I go to sleep in the safety of the entrenched hardware store and I wake up a bit later being beaten over the head by one of TWO NECROMANCERS. The fuck!? I cap one in the skull pointblank for massive damage and he dies, while the other one crashes through the western window... Where the front door is, and only two lines of trenches are. Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! I run right for the door and bolt through, to be accosted by a spitter, a boomer, 4 zombies, a skeleton, and the other necro. I quickly lay down a line of 2-wide trenches and they all get caught in it, but the damn necromancer WON'T BLOODY DIE! I pull out my pistol and empty three clips into the fucker from 3-4 tiles away, and my flashlight battery then dies. Next thing I know, I've got boomer bile on me and I'm blind. I quickly round the corner and nearly fall into a trench, gain my sight back, and go back to kill the fucker. He. Just. Won't DIE.

I run next door into the grocery store and all seems well. I loot it, eat and drink, and spend  5-6 hours getting my cooking and mechanics skills up to level 3 via books. I then get bored and decide to set the place on fire. I set ONE DAMN TILE on fire and all of a sudden the whole fucking neighborhood is at the front door. I set 4 more fires to mask my scent and cover my tracks and make the stupid mistake of going through the front door. BOOM, Boomer bombs me, shocker nearly blows my head off, and I'm getting chased by the horde all over again.

I lay down some trenches but I'm damaged so I take too long... I decide to haul ass and seek safety... I decide to, since I'm about to die anyway, install an energy-saver CBM for the hell of it.

...I apparently damaged my genetic code upon installation and contracted two 'conditions'. The first is 'Quick'. Wait, what? WOO! The second is... Fangs...? Hmm. So I fucked up a cyborg installation and turned into a super-fast vampire? F- YEAH! I now have fleet-footed, quick, and fangs, a pretty badass combo if I ever stop beating zombies with a sledgehammer, shovel, or shooting their brains out, and figure out how exactly to activate the fang attack.

I haul ass and try to escape the horde, seeking shelter in a house to the south of the reinforced hardware store.

My laptop crashed, NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! I reload the autosave which oddly enough left me a few tiles north of where I was shooting the necromancer in the trench, and proceeded to haul ass to safety.

Had to save and run back to work, as I was 15 minutes too long into my lunch break. Oops. >_> When I reload I'm either going to be horrifically lucky or really fucking screwed...

Time to use those 3 molotovs I made and empty a few pistol clips. ;)

Oddly enough, I haven't had even ONE gun-related skill-up o_o. Melee either. Hmm.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:09 pm »

Obviously he had an extra life.
Perhaps from a 7-Up
Hahahaha.
Well that explains every thing. Or maybe hes part cat?
That would be awesome. But no.

The answer lies in the photo thread.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 01, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »

I was playing Duchy of Flanders, and I was on crusade to free Jerusalem. During a "Hunting Trip" event my leader, Robert de Flanders, was part of the 5% of unlucky people who get severely wounded with the first option. Besides the drop in stats and health, it also means that a character severely wounded cannot lead armies, unless they are already with one. Robert was leading the Ghent regiment, who had been on campaign for nearly 3 years now and it was starting to affect the province. After capturing and invading a bordering province (I don't think there is any military access in the game) the Ghent regiment marched to Jerusalem to start a siege. A few months later, regiments from Brugge and Artois aid in the siege. Throughout the siege, Egypt kept bombarding us with 20-man regiments that survived the French invasion of Egypt itself. There must've been about 10 of them, and their morale broke and they fled before they could be fully destroyed. Of course, they were led by important people in the Kingdom of Egypt: The Marshal and other court members, high ranking vassals, and even the ruler himself. Naturally some of those leaders were KIA or died of their wounds, further weakening Egypt. We somehow lost our Spy Master in one of these skirmishes Eventually, after some 7 or 8 months Jerusalem was captured. A month later Robert de Flanders dies. From old age.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:14:46 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3236 on: August 01, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »

Forgot to put my armor back on before battling the frost wyrm.

Whups.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 01, 2011, 10:59:53 pm »

I killed Jessica and Sigmund on the same floor, one right after the other, only to be immediately surrounded by a pack of lowly jackals and bitten to death. Thanks, Sigmund, for leaving me with 3HP. Ass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: August 02, 2011, 12:32:26 pm »

Lost my spriggan assassain to black mamba poison and enemy-stair gridlock on lair:2. I fucking hate mambas. FUCKING. . . .HAAAAATTEEE THEM!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:37 pm »

Was in a Warlord and I got nailed by 4 longtom's. IN THE FACE.

MW4 Mercs.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1575