Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370356 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3210 on: July 29, 2011, 10:15:16 am »

Well that explains every thing. Or maybe hes part cat?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: July 29, 2011, 11:55:44 am »

Or maybe he posted that and went on to get stabbed to death by some asshole?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: July 29, 2011, 12:27:40 pm »

Or Maybe the games name was teally Real Life

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: July 29, 2011, 01:07:38 pm »

Ok then, re rail! I was walking down a road, low on hp after battling a necromancer, and think "gotta find shelter, gotta sleep it off" when another necromancer comes walking towards me. Naturally I run in the opposite direction, only to have the new necromancer bring a bunch of zombies I killed back to life. *facepalm*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: July 29, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »

What? You've never heard of the MMO with over 7 billion subscribers, an entire world to explore, thousands of skills to learn, nearly infinite class combinations, and perma-death?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: July 29, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »

What? You've never heard of the MMO with over 7 billion subscribers, an entire world to explore, thousands of skills to learn, nearly infinite class combinations, and perma-death?
It has multiple lives if your a cat, Chuck Norris, or just super manly like me.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: July 29, 2011, 01:46:49 pm »

I've obviously been playing way too many MUDs, I've never heard of it either.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 29, 2011, 02:24:43 pm »

I'm playing DDO, running my level 6 cleric through a level 1 quest for the lulz of curb stomping everything. I receive a phone call, and leave my keyboard for a few minutes. A singular kobold managed to kill me in two minutes. I am aghast.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3218 on: July 29, 2011, 07:57:07 pm »

I left the captain's quarters and flicked open my lighter, only to explode into a dozen bloody chunks. I took half the station's vitals with me, blew open three floors and a half a dozen windows, leaked atmosphere, and back the whole damn station up.

Moral of the story is, don't smoke and Captain.

Space Station 13 on Bay 12 server FTW!

I just found out what happened. The lighter was actually the detonater for the bomb (that "mysterious package" you found).
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »

... you opened a lighter you found, found a strange button in it, and PUSHED IT!?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 29, 2011, 10:12:46 pm »

No, I didn't press a button. I don't thi... Oh shit. I did.

I assumed it was a weird way of turning on the lighter, like on a button-press lighter rather than one of those circular-spin zippos and such. Fuuuuuck.

So I had a bomb on me? Then how did I die if I still have the bomb intact? TWO bombs, or a bug?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: July 30, 2011, 01:45:57 pm »

Got my way up the ridiculously tall tower after getting a nasty surprise on floor one that I could use only magic. Carefully managed my skills and learned new ones to get there, collecting the rare items on the way and not gaining any experience except towards learning new spells. Finally made it to the top floor and got the super-item. Then left the top floor and encountered the boss. Started nailing me with level three spells. I did okay against them with all the anti-magic stuff I was equipping, but still hard hits against me. Set up my defensive spells and the like. Then found out that the SOB was only susceptible to one element at a time. This element changed whenever he was hit by magic, including the bloody "see what his weakness is" spell. I tried guessing for a while, just using whatever the characters had the best spell for, but with eight elements to choose from and 50000 Health points, I was getting no where fast, especially because I found out that a few elements would heal the bastard at any one point in time.

I had no other options, but after a bunch of experimentation while struggling to survive, I found out that two of my characters had a single non-elemental spell each. Drain. However, said drain spell couldn't ever do more damage than the character had to heal, so I ended up having half of my part beat on them while they damaged the boss (to the tune of 800 points of damage combined per turn).

After a nice long grind down of his health, I killed him. Then he used Ultima as a dying attack, doing double my toughest character's max health to the party. Game over.

Tried again, found out that I could use berserk on him, so he wouldn't use any magic. Whittled him down again. Still cast ultima.

Final Fantasy III on a Supernes emulator (which is actually FF6. I later beat him by draining every last one of his magic points, which he had more of than health).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 30, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »

I was keeping mines in the air with my boomstick, I missed one time and said landmine landed on my face.

Garry's Mod.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: July 30, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »

Final Fantasy III on a Supernes emulator (which is actually FF6. I later beat him by draining every last one of his magic points, which he had more of than health).

I remember that tower.  It's significantly easier if you equip your entire party with reflect rings. I vagely remember having float cast most of the time too, but I don't recall if anything actually ever cast quake... Just about everything there will eventually just kill themselves with reflect on, including the boss.   And yea, he will ALWAYS use ultima as a final attack.  I think shell protects quite a bit against it, and when in doubt Life 3.   (Also casting reflect on the boss allows you to cast healing spells on your party by casting them on him and hoping the spells reflect back on the right person.  Should apply to shell too, but my memory is fuzzy on that particular game's reflect mechanics.)

EDIT:  Huh, never thought of osmos/rasping away all his MP.  If he's oom I bet he can't cast ultima when he dies...genius.

I should play that again...one of the last good FF games...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:30:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 30, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »

I heard of that one. A friend recommended me to get it, but I can't seem to find it on the Piratebay.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1575