Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1572

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2325607 times)

Fjords to Plowshares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2910 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:41 pm »

First I got separated from my companions - companions who, being about ten levels higher than me, have pretty much been carrying the party so far.

Then I found them again, only not really; "they" turned out to be asshole shapeshifting plant monsters.

Then I ran out of medical herbs.  That part happened really fast.

Fucking test of faith.  TIME TO GRIND!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:56 pm »

Ahh, Cortex Command. The only game where you can load up a dropship with tons of Crabs and grenades, manually fly the dropship into an enemy base, and then detonate it to blow the sweet Jesus fuckburritoes out of the base.

Yep, and the only game where you can kill yourself with the same tactic (Damn snipers they shot my engine, and poof my base becomes a hole in the ground.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 12, 2011, 12:13:55 am »

Ahh, Cortex Command. The only game where you can load up a dropship with tons of Crabs and grenades, manually fly the dropship into an enemy base, and then detonate it to blow the sweet Jesus fuckburritoes out of the base.

Yep, and the only game where you can kill yourself with the same tactic (Damn snipers they shot my engine, and poof my base becomes a hole in the ground.
That's why you drop a CRATE.

And if you have the Nazi mod/watched the Solifuge Livestream, you drop a barrel full of Nazis. Who come free with grenades and are dirt cheap.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2913 on: July 12, 2011, 12:22:36 am »

And if you have the Nazi mod/watched the Solifuge Livestream, you drop a barrel full of Nazis. Who come free with grenades and are dirt cheap.

You can't fly a crate.

You could load the crate into a dropship (is that possible?), but in that case you could just go with the dropship in the first place.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 12, 2011, 12:25:55 am »

You could load the crate into a dropship (is that possible?), but in that case you could just go with the dropship in the first place.
One of my favorite phrases, I believe in this very thread, was "a truly preposterous amount of crabs," referencing an incident involving them being high up and then not being high up. I assume a dropship was involved.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 12, 2011, 01:12:10 am »

You can't fly a crate.
HOWEVER.
The crate is more like an actual bomb, and you don't have to deal with the pesky thing being shot down.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:04:13 am by Phantom »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 12, 2011, 01:22:07 am »

Quoting fail. And again, you can't fly a crate. If your target is inside a cave or a bunker, then you might not be able to use a crate.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 12, 2011, 01:23:57 am »

Spah sappin' mah back.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 12, 2011, 01:26:05 am »

Oh god. Bees.

I got my revenge, though. Cybermutant carried sledgehammer > bees.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 12, 2011, 01:33:30 am »

Bees. My god.

I got my revenge, though. Cybermutant carried sledgehammer > bees.

Fix'd.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:50:27 am by 612DwarfAvenue »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 12, 2011, 01:49:06 am »

After killing everybody in an illegal gun store with an SMG stolen from said gun store, the gang that owned the store decided to send a counter-attack unit to my abandoned appartment (the appartment that I was in). I killed 3 of the people in the attack squad, but eventually got shot right in the chest. I bled out soon after.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:55:53 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 12, 2011, 01:50:57 am »

Just fix'd my fix in my last post :P.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 12, 2011, 02:10:11 am »

Quoting fail. And again, you can't fly a crate. If your target is inside a cave or a bunker, then you might not be able to use a crate.
See, you forgot something.
Crabs are dirt cheap.
What cannot be solved by crabs, can be solved by more crabs.
Or in this case, mods. Or bombs filled with gold. Or crates filled with nazis with free grenades.

Skip to 36:20 to see what I mean. Or 37:20.
And maybe 39:25.
Oooh, and 42:25.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:15:40 am by Phantom »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 12, 2011, 02:13:53 am »

I was happily spelunking in search  of metal ores and gems to sell when I was attacked by some kind of burrowing worm. I moved to a wide open area and dropped some torches around, to help in navigating the maze of platform and rocks.

Killing the worm left me with low health and a bad relationship with torches as those are unwieldy to drop around as the combat zone moves, so I went to shop for better means of illuminating the tunnels.

I was meet by zombies knocking at my door, so I went for the easy bucks. But that was not a zombie, it was a bidimensional pileup of an half dozen zombies. And that was too much for my gold broadsword. The house was swamped by zombies in no times, and while retreating from the door I went to far and was unable to reach and close it. The demon eyes that followed in got me from both sides and finished me off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 12, 2011, 03:17:30 am »

See, you forgot something.
Crabs are dirt cheap.
What cannot be solved by crabs, can be solved by more crabs.
Or in this case, mods. Or bombs filled with gold. Or crates filled with nazis with free grenades.

Skip to 36:20 to see what I mean. Or 37:20.
And maybe 39:25.
Oooh, and 42:25.

"He dropped a division on you!"
"The entire Wehrmacht has been packed into 3 or 4 crates packed with C4 and dropped through a chute!"
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1572