Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379497 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2775 on: June 17, 2011, 05:44:01 am »

Couldn't hold off grey.

Do I really have to prod you for the name of the game? C'mon man, don't be rude :u I apologize in advance if I'm just derping and missing something, as is often the case at 2:47 in the morning, but you've piqued my curiousity.

Audiosurf, Ironmode Ninja Mono.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54:41 am »

I earned a swift ticket to Hell when I played my lute near nobles and shopkeepers.

Friendly reminder: Unless skilled, never play in front of the King, the shopkeepers, the guards and Loyter. They tend to hate real music.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 17, 2011, 06:12:47 am »

I earned a swift ticket to Hell when I played my lute near nobles and shopkeepers.

Friendly reminder: Unless skilled, never play in front of the King, the shopkeepers, the guards and Loyter. They tend to hate real music.
What is this game? 0.o
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 17, 2011, 06:22:11 am »

Eternal League Of Nefia
*Hugs*

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 17, 2011, 09:51:17 am »

Or Elona.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 17, 2011, 09:52:25 am »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 17, 2011, 10:24:11 am »

Not sure if it counts as dying, since I landed safely, but last night, was flying in FSX with a Catalina PBY-5A. Yeah... you should really read the manual for those things. The engines are crazy finicky.

To start with, they don't like taking off except from near sea level. Which makes sense, but is still somewhat of a limitation. What looks like an actual engine problem just turned out to be the auto-mixer, screwing up the fuel-air mix for a runway at about 4000 feet ASL. Once I got into the air, things seemed to be fine, for about 45 seconds. Apparently you're not supposed to leave it at full throttle once you're off the ground. More than about 2 minutes of running it at that long and the engines tend to burst into flames. About 60% throttle is all you can really manage without severe overheating, at least until you get higher. My luck, these things glide beautifully and are made for landing on unpaved airstrips, so I found a nice clear dirt road in the middle of some farm land and made a somewhat nice landing there. It was a beautiful sight, me, my PBY, a field of wheat, and two flaming engines.

So yeah, big step up from Cessnas which make it almost impossible to do anything that would hurt the engine.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:23 am »

Not sure if it counts as dying, since I landed safely, but last night, was flying in FSX with a Catalina PBY-5A. Yeah... you should really read the manual for those things. The engines are crazy finicky.

To start with, they don't like taking off except from near sea level. Which makes sense, but is still somewhat of a limitation. What looks like an actual engine problem just turned out to be the auto-mixer, screwing up the fuel-air mix for a runway at about 4000 feet ASL. Once I got into the air, things seemed to be fine, for about 45 seconds. Apparently you're not supposed to leave it at full throttle once you're off the ground. More than about 2 minutes of running it at that long and the engines tend to burst into flames. About 60% throttle is all you can really manage without severe overheating, at least until you get higher. My luck, these things glide beautifully and are made for landing on unpaved airstrips, so I found a nice clear dirt road in the middle of some farm land and made a somewhat nice landing there. It was a beautiful sight, me, my PBY, a field of wheat, and two flaming engines.

So yeah, big step up from Cessnas which make it almost impossible to do anything that would hurt the engine.
what game?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »

I got a big ass pole to the face. D:

Damn Jatu Lancers!

Mount&Blade: Warband. Prophecy of Pendor mod.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:21 pm »

Blown off my horse by a musket round to the face. Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:15 pm »

A customer and I spent about an hour crashing into the ground in various locations on the touchscreen computer I was selling. Thanks for hiding the keyboard, guys.  ::)

Google earth flight sim mode.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 17, 2011, 01:17:51 pm »

Surely walking through this tunnel of sparky lights couldn't hurt!

Zapped to death by anomalies, Stalker SOC.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 17, 2011, 01:38:24 pm »

Got hit by something reminiscent of 8-Bit Theater's Black Mage's Hadoken, in the third consecutive boss fight. This has happened two or three times now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 17, 2011, 01:51:43 pm »

Died on the last second of Princess Tenko after losing 3 lives on this f*king attack.

Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 17, 2011, 07:06:42 pm »

Got hit by something reminiscent of 8-Bit Theater's Black Mage's Hadoken, in the third consecutive boss fight. This has happened two or three times now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The trick is to GET DOWN when his mouth starts glowing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1575