Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379578 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2730 on: June 10, 2011, 02:17:20 pm »

It turns out that running out of magicka for your levitation while very, very high up in the air is not a good thing. Especially when you consider that that magicka is also used to cast slowfall. Of course, I've had this lesson quite a bit, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 10, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

OH GOD HARPIES
Before that: OH GOD HARPIES
Before that: OH GOD HARPIES
Before that: The guide let a demon eye in.

(Terraria for all of them)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2732 on: June 10, 2011, 07:20:13 pm »

It turns out that running out of magicka for your levitation while very, very high up in the air is not a good thing. Especially when you consider that that magicka is also used to cast slowfall. Of course, I've had this lesson quite a bit, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

That's why you either stay close to the ground, and/or stock up on potions. Cliff Racers be damned, it's better to deal with killing any that fly towards you than dying from falling and realizing you haven't saved in a while.

Or, a serious Fortify Acrobatics spell can do the job, depending on what you're trying to do. (Those Scrolls of Icarian Flight also work of course, but sadly there's only 3, and if you use one, you might need to use a second to survive the fall)

Also, made a new character in M&B: Warband, went with the Nords (Swadia's too hard, it's exposed on all sides to the other factions, plus they don't have Huscarls ;)), and soon got trashed by a Mercenary War Party. I forgot how tough they are in the Native Expansion mod are when you're a low level/don't have 80+ soldiers to cover you, so they keep beating me if i can't get away from them fast enough.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 10, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »

Got slaughtered by two phalanxes of Spartans.

(Rome:Total War)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »

And this is why you always flank.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »

Getting caught by Marines about a billion times whilst sneaking.

Finished the Tanker chapter, though.

(MGS2)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:59 pm »

(MGS2)

/!\

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2737 on: June 10, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »

And this is why you always flank.
Flank the Phlanx!

Got perforated by a helicopter.
Got rocketed by a helicopter.
Got the rear wheels of my truck blown up by a helicopter, got out, walked a few feet, got shot by ter'ists.
Parked my truck and started to walk away, got blown to smithereens by a helicopter while being shot by ter'ists.

[ARMA 2, flashpoint: Takistan scenario]
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 10, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »

(MGS2)

/!\
!x50 Combo
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »

Had my positions slowly blown apart by a steady stream of German Tanks, AT guns and Rocket launchers. Last guy receives an AT tank round to the face having spent the last 5 minutes cowering in his trench looking at all the organs scattered around by the process. Soon as he stands up, same thing happens to him.

Mud and Blood 2, Wave ~115. I was getting at least one tank a wave for 10 waves, and eventually they get off a round that hits.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 10, 2011, 09:48:42 pm »

(MGS2)

/!\
!x50 Combo

Haha, I chortled.

Also, I met another dude who has the "alert" sound for his "text received" thingers on his cell phone.  I may have a friend like MaximumZero in meatspace, soon :D  Well... not "like," given that he's in legal studies, but similar to in certain crucial ways.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 11, 2011, 11:24:57 am »

(MGS2)

/!\
!x50 Combo

Haha, I chortled.

Also, I met another dude who has the "alert" sound for his "text received" thingers on his cell phone.  I may have a friend like MaximumZero in meatspace, soon :D  Well... not "like," given that he's in legal studies, but similar to in certain crucial ways.

Is he a short, hairy smartass? (Also, I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up, but decided it would be too much work. So that's not too terribly far off.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 11, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »

Is he a short, hairy smartass? (Also, I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up, but decided it would be too much work. So that's not too terribly far off.)

Nah, he's a. 29 (... 8 years older than I am), b. freckled and c. on the tall and vaguely slimy side.

I can tell when I'm being manipulated =/  All the same, though, it's nice to know there's at least one person in the class with a good sense of humor... though I got the whiff that he may have been lying.  Ah, the horrors of being a straightforward math student.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 11, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »

Calculated the money needed to repay the loan too tightly, then managed to not pay the installment back fully 'cause I forgot adventuring costs money.

Alternatively: Ran into a mushroom.

WHat game is the first?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: June 11, 2011, 02:14:32 pm »

Was playing an Onslaught in Random Battles, got mobbed by torpedo bombers and a bunch of corvettes/frigates. Forget deep hull points, give me decent engines.  ::)

(Starfarer)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1575