Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379540 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2715 on: June 08, 2011, 11:28:09 pm »

Talking to a friend on Vent while distracted:
Yeah, I've gotten pretty good at typing /spawn to quickly get out of a sticky- oh f*** you
As he mines the blocks underneath me, causing me to plummet into some lava. Minecraft, of course.

Also, is it weird that I use this thread to look for new games to play? As in, I look for interesting ways to die in order to dictate how I play a game? (DF has spoiled me so)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 09, 2011, 02:26:57 am »

Swadian Knights wipe the floor with Nord war parties. Pull together some Vaegir archers and use them to weaken the Nords from a hilltop or something, then charge with Swadian cavalry.

Mine was Warband also, I got jumped by some boyar with three times as many troops as me.

Just so i'm clear, which are the best marksmen, Nord Huscarls or Vaegir Archers?

Vaegir Archers. Nords are the best infantry, Vaegirs are the best marksmen, Swadians are the best charge cavalry, Rhodoks are the best anti-cavalry, Khergits are the best ranged cavalry. I have no idea what the Sarranids are good at.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: June 09, 2011, 02:30:30 am »

Sarranid seem pretty much the same as Swadians so far as charge cavalry go.

(And Rhodok sharpshooter forever.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 09, 2011, 02:34:38 am »

Also, is it weird that I use this thread to look for new games to play? As in, I look for interesting ways to die in order to dictate how I play a game? (DF has spoiled me so)
Makes perfect sense to me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10:32 am »

Mount and Blade Warband, I became a usurper and started my own kingdom. Had a force of about 200 defenders in Rivacheg, 90 of them Huscarls, 40 Vaeger Marksmen, the rest an assortment of Nord Veterans, Vaeger Archers, Hired Blades, and Mercenary Crossbowmen.
Nords declared war.
Soon I'm fighting off a 2000 man seige, I end up getting gang stomped by Nordic soldiers and ragdoll to my doom off the battlements. It was epic. I consider that character to be dead now.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 09, 2011, 04:23:39 pm »

It got me back into SMT:I got me to buy Just Cause 2, got me to buy ARMA 2....
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 09, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »

"Today, the Conservative Machine executed Paige Fox by piranha swimming exhibition."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: June 09, 2011, 09:39:50 pm »

"Today, the Conservative Machine executed Paige Fox by piranha swimming exhibition."
From the newspaper comic, "Foxtrot"?

And I'm not entirely sure why I thought of that so quickly...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:59 pm »

From the newspaper comic, "Foxtrot"?

And I'm not entirely sure why I thought of that so quickly...
Ever heard of Liberal Crime Squad? It kinda has it's own forum above this.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: June 09, 2011, 09:44:58 pm »

I think he's looking more at the name than the situation the name is in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #2725 on: June 09, 2011, 09:46:26 pm »

Swarmed by baboons. Dang baboons.

(Caves of Qud)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:41 pm »

...Huh, never new those characters names in the first place. Nevermind.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »

My badass Cossack mercenary, Vladislav Krevchenko, was out hunting Crimeans when he was shot in the head by a Janissary from across the battlefield. We subsequently lost that battle and Vladislav was captured and dragged halfway across Ukraine (They took my fucking horse). Once free, Vlad returned to Sich only to find that his loan was expired and the bankers were pissed....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2728 on: June 10, 2011, 01:36:59 am »

1000+ of them vs. 84 of me. Don't think anything more needs to be said.

Mount and Blade: Warband.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: June 10, 2011, 07:06:15 am »

Spent much of the match between and behind enemy lines, sniping their infantry, including sneaking up pretty close to a few(to my surprise, but much more to theirs). Eventually, they got me when I had to run back for ammo.

Eventually, they got Artillery Tanks before we did, and rained hell on us until they pushed us back to our main base. We managed to break out, and set up a position further ahead. Almost had a chance at a last stand resistance, but they somehow managed to wall in our command vehicle on the other side of the map, to destroy at their leisure.

Fun match.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1575