Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370651 times)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2430 on: May 04, 2011, 12:21:12 am »

Demonspawn berserker, very early in the dungeon. Successfully avoided Sigmund, ID'd the healing potion, all was going well. I encountered a snake, but with a scroll of teleportation and a bit of luck I managed to avoid that as well. Explored the level a bit more, found the snake again. Fuck, poisoned. Time to randomly use unidentified items! "Quaffed l- a silvery potion. It was a potion of poison. You feel more poisoned."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:48 am »

Goddamn giant spiders. STOP FALLING ON ME, NOBODY LOVES YOU!

Spelunky.
Oh the spiders aren't that bad once you get used to them (run past them, then hit them before they hit the ground, or jump-charge-whip them when they jump at you if you think they aren't to high). But the frogs *shivers* THE GODDAMN FROGS. Always jumping right into your face OH HOW I HATE YOU.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 04, 2011, 12:51:56 am »

Spelunky.
Oh the spiders aren't that bad once you get used to them (run past them, then hit them before they hit the ground, or jump-charge-whip them when they jump at you if you think they aren't to high). But the frogs *shivers* THE GODDAMN FROGS. Always jumping right into your face OH HOW I HATE YOU.
Oh the frogs aren't that bad once you get used to them (jump on them at an angle or throw rocks). But the yetis *shivers* THE GODDAMN YETIS. Always pulling you out of the air just to slam you into the wall and leave you to fall to the bottom of a deep pit, OH HOW I HATE YOU.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:09 am »

Spelunky.
Oh the frogs aren't that bad once you get used to them (jump on them at an angle or throw rocks). But the yetis *shivers* THE GODDAMN YETIS. Always pulling you out of the air just to slam you into the wall and leave you to fall to the bottom of a deep pit, OH HOW I HATE YOU.
Spiked cleats let you jump on them.

Also, I was actually talking about the giant spider miniboss, not the normal spiders.
I mean, not that those don't kill me regularly as well.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 04, 2011, 03:04:33 am »

Spelunky.
Spiked cleats let you jump on them.

Also, I was actually talking about the giant spider miniboss, not the normal spiders.
I mean, not that those don't kill me regularly as well.
I've never had a problem with the giant spider, if you throw a bomb into it's web it dies. The few times that isn't possible, I just blow a hole in the ground past it
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 04, 2011, 07:52:36 am »

Was near the endgame of the match, we had destroyed all the enemies factories and they were on the run with the MHQ, I was flying high above in an SU-34 after destroying many of those factories. I tab through my weapons to see what I have left, and the total comes up nil. I call up my friends to see if they could get here and blow it up but they're either fighting what's left of the other team in Chernogursk, or out of money to buy anything that will get there in time.

So I roll in and line my plane right up with the MHQ and punch it, SU-34 hits the MHQ at 500kph and we win the game.

What game is this?

Vanilla ARMA II, on the awpaholica server.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:50 am »

I've never had a problem with the giant spider, if you throw a bomb into it's web it dies. The few times that isn't possible, I just blow a hole in the ground past it

I've actually killed one of those in melee combat. Just lure one into a 1-block-tall tunnel and whip it while running away.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:25 am »

I was testing out the RPG - it "collides" with the barrel  :-\ ... *kabbbbbllooooey!*
Lasted 55 waves.
I quickly gave him a BAR.

Eventually brought down by a SS blitz. Decided to end it all with an 11TP Naval battery. Damned SS stood at the top of the map, though, so not many of them were hit with the shells. They did take out an Opel, though.
OMG WHICH GAME???
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:16 am »

I was testing out the RPG - it "collides" with the barrel  :-\ ... *kabbbbbllooooey!*
/snip/
OMG WHICH GAME???
Mud and Blood 2, I believe. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83752.0

Last death? Being shot to death, usually one- or two-shot by untrained bandit marksmen. After losing my weapons and a significant portion of my money, I restarted. Three more times, same thing happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:45 pm »

Why is there suddenly water...

...Wait, what's that splashing noise, maybe I'd better get up on something...
...It's coming closer.  Can't see what it is though.  It's just ripples.  Pretty sure there's nothing under the water there, and if I try to throw something it goes right through.  Well...This is making me really nervous, but my light's about to run out, so I'm going to see if I can lure it way over here, then make a run for--OH DEAR SWEET JESUS NO

(actual spoiler, kind of)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MirrorIrorriM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:26 pm »

I was just playing space station 13 as an engineer setting up the singularity (a giant black hole engine that WILL explode if you mess up).  I was just about done setting up the containment field when some a-hole turns it on without asking if I was done releasing the blackhole and blowing up half the station.  I die and of course Mr switch-flips-alot goes on a rant about how I "set it up wrong" and the whole server gets mad at me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 05, 2011, 12:07:11 am »

l> Lies    Lies    Lies    Lies >

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: May 05, 2011, 05:44:01 am »

My Dwarfs drowned while digging a diggy hole :(

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 05, 2011, 05:46:26 am »

Dem barons and their 200 men armies.

And I'd finally trained up a whole army of 30 sword sisters >w<
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 05, 2011, 06:12:57 am »

My mature fort spiraled into disasterous tantrums after several cavern beasts, most famously the cave crocodile butchered my dwarfs.

About 16 dwarfs went berserk.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 1575