Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372845 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #1860 on: March 21, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »

I went to sleep; a group of Bogeymen attacked me without warning.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 21, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

Failed a Trial of Possession while driving a Stormcrow against a pair of Nova's and some other mech.

Edit: Tried again. First ERPPC shot from the Pouncer that was the third in the trial took my head off in one shot. Congrats for those three, they got a mint stormcrow.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:06:25 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 21, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »

Another goddamn V2. Inaccurate weapons my a%#...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 21, 2011, 07:04:33 pm »

V1 Blitz?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 21, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

Pikemen charging cavalry. My cavalry. My General's Bodyguard Cavalry. With my general at the front.
My best general.

Medieval 2: Total War, playing as Milan against Holy Roman Empire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:53 pm »

V1 Blitz?
Nope. Just a *fweeeeeeerocketlandsdeadinfrontofbunkereveryonedies* out of nowhere.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 21, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

Unlucky...

Watch out for V1 blitzes though. nasty work those are...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 21, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »

Eaten alive by a truly unfair number of zombies. Evidently my push-mower, two knives, and single-shot battery launcher were insufficient against over 600 zombies split 32 ways, even in the safety of my house. It's hard to say whether I lived long enough to resort to bashing them with my tastefully-arranged washing machines.

At least I was drunk at the time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »

Jumped in a elevator...

The Necromorph slices you in the lower body from behind with the bone claw!
The bloody part sails off in an arc.
You have died.
 :(

Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 21, 2011, 10:11:06 pm »

Was mining far below trying to get more iron for my ever so iron hungry obsessions in the industrial mod.  Then I hear a boom.  Then a Ssssssss Boom.  The moment the Ssss started I was spinning around and flailing wildly.  Oddly no creeper.

But the slightly different sounding booms continue after a short time, whatever caused them seeming to have been stunned by the creeper blast for a moment, and they now seem madder.  I'm in a small 4 wide natural platform like cavern.  Lava freaking everywhere at both ways down off the platform.  I have no room to maneuver and fleeing is likely to result in a magmay death as the routes to my location are mostly over lava and both are rather perilous even when moving slowly and carefully let alone quickly, in a panic, with who knows what possibly causing knock-around.

Then BOOM! a cave ogre busts through the wall Kool-Aid man style.  Too close for my bow, I put my pick away and take out my stone sword suddenly regretting all that iron that I used on making a generator, extractor, and ore smasher and wishing I woulda' spared 2 measly bars for a real sword.  Or maybe some armor.

I start swinging expertly at the ogre timing my blows to avoid the invulnerability frames while attacking as quickly as possible, but it simply does too much damage too quickly.  I don't even have time to eat my cooked porkchops I keep in my quickbar.  I managed to stay on the platform the whole fight though, and almost pushed the thing into the lava.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:14:05 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 22, 2011, 02:52:43 pm »

Jumped into some fuzzies, fell into some bottomless pits.

Well, more like repeatedly jumped into the same fuzzy and fell into the same pit.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 22, 2011, 03:02:42 pm »

I got punched by giant flaming monacled gorilla that punches so hard explosions come out. And he's the fastest enemy in the game.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 22, 2011, 03:18:46 pm »

This wasn't me, but it was still amusing.

There is a collection of TF2 servers from the Crit Sandvich network. One of them has a class/weapon randomizer. This leads to such interesting combos as a scout wielding the demo's big-ass swords, heavies being equipped with mediguns or sniper rifles, spies with miniguns, stuff like that. If you die, you respawn as a different class with three more randomly selected weapons.

Around the middle of a match, I hear the team's former engineer (which I doubt was the actual engineer class) exclaim over voice that you shouldn't use the Ullapool Caber in an attempt to upgrade constructions.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 22, 2011, 05:35:14 pm »

Running around having both my main fighting characters dead and a gaint troll with horads of orc things chasing me in Dragon Age 2.

Maybe I shouldn't have just charged blindly into him.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 22, 2011, 06:08:28 pm »

I lagged out just is i walked into a bush with five baron empowered champions in it -.-

League of Legends by the way.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1575