Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369712 times)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #1455 on: February 10, 2011, 10:33:57 am »

Got into a firefight with a couple of blue blokes. One of them chucked what looked like an 8-legged starfish at me, which exploded and took me out in easy move. My teammates nailed him, but the damage was done.

Alien grenades are Nasty

I suspect boomeroids. Ah, the deep sorrow and helplessness you feel as one of them launches itself towards a crowd of your hapless soldiers.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 10, 2011, 10:41:42 am »

Got overrun by roaches.

god i'm so unconfident in PvZ at the moment.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 10, 2011, 11:24:00 am »

Got into a firefight with a couple of blue blokes. One of them chucked what looked like an 8-legged starfish at me, which exploded and took me out in easy move. My teammates nailed him, but the damage was done.

Alien grenades are Nasty

I suspect boomeroids. Ah, the deep sorrow and helplessness you feel as one of them launches itself towards a crowd of your hapless soldiers.
8-pointed bomb would be a Disruptor Mine, which are even worse(biggest explosive in the game). Boomeroids are 4-pointed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27:05 am »

Yep, disruptor mine. As this is pretty much the first time I've played, I'm on easy mode, which means Boomeroids aren't powerful enough to one hit me. The disruptor mine does it quite well, though.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1459 on: February 10, 2011, 11:30:02 am »

Was playing as a scientist, a chemist got stuck in the small room that separates the gas mixing room from the toxins, so I destroyed the wall and got him out. Then he continued his researching on toxins. I left him alone and went to artifact research. Few minutes later he runs in chemistry and I go after him. He says he accidentally set the plasma ablaze and it was engulfing the entire research outpost. So I made water smoke in beakers and tried to extinguish it. Nope. I went in the middle of the flames and activated the chemical reaction, the fire settled for 5 seconds then it set me on fire and I died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 10, 2011, 07:07:24 pm »

A yeti ate me. Before that, I soloed death. What the fuck, difficulty curve?

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:07 pm »

Yeah. Best go invisible and just run past.

Protip: don't checkpoint in the middle of 3 dwarvern priests. You'll take ages just to play one life.
If i'd been posting yesterday it's be 'Killed by one-hit-kill-boulder-spell-spam'. It's not yesterday though.

I died on than one game Ein mentioned on the first or second page. The one with the shapes... Frantic, that was it.
Everybody!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1462 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »

Fell off Balmora's northwest guard tower.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 11, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »

I forgot to junction Phoenix to final attack.
*Hugs*

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:56 pm »

Was playing as a scientist, a chemist got stuck in the small room that separates the gas mixing room from the toxins, so I destroyed the wall and got him out. Then he continued his researching on toxins. I left him alone and went to artifact research. Few minutes later he runs in chemistry and I go after him. He says he accidentally set the plasma ablaze and it was engulfing the entire research outpost. So I made water smoke in beakers and tried to extinguish it. Nope. I went in the middle of the flames and activated the chemical reaction, the fire settled for 5 seconds then it set me on fire and I died.

Everyone says that game is awesome. I tried it, some guy who doesn't type in capitals attacks me and drags me to the monkey room, which then gets ejected. Nobody was roleplaying, really, either.  :(
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:40 pm »

Everyone says that game is awesome. I tried it, some guy who doesn't type in capitals attacks me and drags me to the monkey room, which then gets ejected. Nobody was roleplaying, really, either.  :(
Everyone says all the time, don't play on goon stations. Also adminhelp if you're killed.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:10 am »

A concussion in HellMOO, because I was carrying too much shit while scaling a building. Also my Climb skill sucks, since I always have characters with poor endurance and forget to tag climb. Why do I always play characters that are sharp of mind, with keen senses and lightning reflexes, but would probably fall out of a tree then drown in a toilet while being overburdened by a leather jacket and a full canteen?

Hell if I know. Maybe art reflects life.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2011, 04:06:42 am »

I was casually bossing my crew around; Hover at NG, 200 degrees, etc. etc. But then the lights of the ship suddenly turned red. I ran to the captain's chair. Life Support was offline. I quickly closed the visor of my Envo Suit, and checked the sensors, There was another ship within range. It was firing at me. The hull was being heavily damaged, I had little time. I ran to the hangars, Where there was a a fighter waiting for it's pilot, I heard explosions, They fired again. I look back through the halls. I then quickly get in the fighter, then open the hangar doors. I set the throttle to max, The ship had no hope. As I looked back, I saw explosions, The Shield shimmering in the dark space. It was too late. I then noticed another fighter was following me! I quickly did a flip and targeted the fighter. I fired the weapons, But they seemed nearly useless against the superior technology. The fighter shot the last shots at me, My fighter exploded, And I was sent hurdling to the sun in my envo suit.

True Story.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 12, 2011, 04:12:28 am »

Level 5 Death on a level 25 party.  Woo!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 12, 2011, 08:04:18 am »

A squirrel stepped on a mine. It was 100 m away from me.
Turns out there was a whole minefield...
*** NEW LIFE ***
Same thing.
*** NEW LIFE ***
I'm flying over the squirrel and get hit by an SAM.
*** NEW LIFE ***
I shoot the squirrel as the enemy was coming in.
Cue nuclear explosion.
*** NEW LIFE ***
"You are at the top of the scoreboard!"
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1574