Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370724 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #1245 on: January 12, 2011, 03:47:42 pm »

Was performing at a party, guess who was invited?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 12, 2011, 06:03:00 pm »

LOYTER!!!!!!
I unleashed the sword which brings an end. Just to kill the bastard.
*Hugs*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 12, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »

I accidentally rammed INTO the weird meaty looking alien thing instead of shooting it.

R-Type
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:35 pm »

Tried to sneak up on a raider and some dogs to blast them point-blank. The Raider woke up just in time and I got a shotgun to the gut for my troubles. *sigh*

This was Fallout:Tactics, first mission. I forgot that saving often is a good idea.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 12, 2011, 07:12:43 pm »

I inexplicably passed out as I entered medbay so told the doc I needed help.  As he went to get a treatment for the disease that had been ravaging the crew but had until that point left me unscathed I began sneezing violently.  Then I started to pass out again.  He gave me the hypo spray which I quickly injected into myself... And promptly exploded in gore.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 12, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »

I got bayonetted by a team mate after stabbing a Brittish cavalryman who had just fallen off his horse (the team mate was trying to do the same).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »

Was fixing light bulbs in the hangar bay and ended up with a number of broken ones with no place to put them.  Not wanting to waste a whole lot of time going back and forth, and not wanting to litter the station, (and the fact that Tamun Trap takes great joy in watching things get spaced.  When he's in the game, the fire extinguisher in the chapel often takes a trip out the railgun) I figured I would just use the space doors to eject all my broken lights into space.

I drop all my broken lights next to the hatch and open it, then run for my life.

Not fast enough unfortunately.  The entire hangar bay depressurized prompting only a "Depressurization detected" from the AI and I fly out the door, not even hitting the wall on my way out, no sign I was even there.  I float into the maintenance wall under the crew quarters and try to get back.  Unfortunately, without internals and without a suit, I don't even make it 3 spaces and die.

Nobody noticed me missing.  And nobody found me until an admin decided to randomly teleport all the dead bodies around the station 2 hours later.  But even then, nobody paid me any mind, because the pods were launching.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:55:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 12, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

Lag again. And again, I was only trying to move my ship about 20 feet, and it promptly exploded from air resistance.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

So I'm summoned to another world with my halberd wielding temple knight by magician of sorts to help him defeat gigantic armor clad knight. The fight starts normaly with me and him first running up the stairs to defeat the crossbowmen on the walls overlooking the main field were the knight is rampaging in. So while my magician summoner keeps launching stupid spells at the knight from the walls, I go down there and beat on the knight's feet with my halberd untill he falls so I can strike his head.

He's pretty hurt but manages to get up, and my friend is still throwing silly fireballs at him when he turns around and smashes me to spirit pulp with his tower shield, sending me back to my world as a spirit still.

Didn't matter, some time later I got summoned to fight the same knight by a someone else and did it, ressurecting me and giving me a nice bit of souls too.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:33 pm »

So I'm summoned to another world with my halberd wielding temple knight by magician of sorts to help him defeat gigantic armor clad knight. The fight starts normaly with me and him first running up the stairs to defeat the crossbowmen on the walls overlooking the main field were the knight is rampaging in. So while my magician summoner keeps launching stupid spells at the knight from the walls, I go down there and beat on the knight's feet with my halberd untill he falls so I can strike his head.

He's pretty hurt but manages to get up, and my friend is still throwing silly fireballs at him when he turns around and smashes me to spirit pulp with his tower shield, sending me back to my world as a spirit still.

Didn't matter, some time later I got summoned to fight the same knight by a someone else and did it, ressurecting me and giving me a nice bit of souls too.

I have no idea.

I'm guessing Nox, maybe?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 12, 2011, 09:49:25 pm »

Sounds more like demon souls, or whatever that was, really. Nox was more or less solo in the single player stuff and... no temple knights. Multiplayer was a freaking blast. Force of Nature + Iron Golem = Love.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dora Feddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »

Bears... Just bears. Everywhere.

(Warcraft 3 custom game. A wilderness survival game to be exact)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »

Sounds more like demon souls, or whatever that was, really. Nox was more or less solo in the single player stuff and... no temple knights. Multiplayer was a freaking blast. Force of Nature + Iron Golem = Love.

Now you want to make me want to go find my copy. Did they close the multiplayer servers down? Because, seriously, it WAS fun as hell.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:43 pm »

Quote from: wikipedia Nox article
Shortly after the 1.2 patch release, Westwood Studios (which is a subset of EA) lost full rights of Nox to EA, which then took over "development"[citation needed]. EA chose to no longer support Nox, and the official Westwood servers for Clan, Ladder and Standard multiplayer were closed, as well as the online ladder ranking system.

However, tentative searching shows there's apparently some other servers lurking around. Check here, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:05 pm »

Yea it was demon's souls, and apparently servers are still open. At least the NA ones are, can't confirm anything on the asian and the EU ones.

EDIT: Apparently the servers will be up till "at least" march of this year, its possible that, if there's still alot of people playing it, atlus may extend it a slightly bit more, or like some optimists say, until demon's souls 2 (project dark) comes out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:27:01 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1575