Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369121 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9795 on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:34 am »

dcss, banished to the Abyss during a foolish trip to the Hall of Blades and over the course of the next 5000+ turns i lost all my teleport scrolls and eventually got mobbed with no means of escape
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:08:17 am by TripJack »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: September 19, 2013, 11:18:07 am »

Shaka'd.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's only been one way I've found to win in Civ 4, and that is to be as patient as Buddha.
Make units, and rather than attacking the city, surround it. Then burn down all of the improvements on their lands, since they have to leave the city to attack, and forfeit the massive defense bonus, you actually have a chance of killing them.
Then bring in catapults, and bomb the city. Then bring in a spy to blow up any walls or castles, and then attack with the catapults to inflict collateral damage to the whole stack before attacking all out.
Then burn the city down and go home and have a pint and a good laugh, and extort taxes from them.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: September 19, 2013, 11:27:34 am »

I got arrowed, spidered, snakemanned, gravityed and beeed to death.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: September 19, 2013, 06:51:58 pm »

I was having a grand old time, figuring out how to make and shoot bows at zombies. I had yet to find a safe spot to make a base, the initial safehouse being too close to zombies, and spent half a day skirting around giant ant territory. By nightfall I still hadn't found a shelter. Unwilling to blindly stumble around in the dark, I, as a heavy sleeper, went to sleep by the side of the road. I woke up a short time later with a giant ant biting my face, grabbed a spear, and somehow survived. Now having nearly no head HP, I continued along the side of the road for another half an hour or so, ran into a bear, somehow killed the bear, and went back to sleep.

I woke up, alive, the next morning! ... In retrospect, spending time exploring the storage building for radioactive waste I found shortly afterwards was not a good plan. Spending time practicing crafting on the scrap inside was even worse.

Next guy, new world! Similar problems. I found a one-shot rocket launcher on the first day, and brought it with me for laughs. Still no shelter by nightfall. Not knowing how to fight, I couldn't hit a coyote that was slowly killing me. I took the only sane action, which succeeded. The explosion brought a giant spider on me, and I fell.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »

I was looting a public works area when I got into a scuffle with a smoker. It involved a lot of hits on me and blind swinging of my crowbar. I threw a few rocks, too. I killed the smoker and pulled myself out of the massive cloud of smoke. I was coughing heavily and my torso was at \ health. Cue coughing myself to death. Ah well, at least it was a brand new character and a brand new world.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:56 pm »

I was trying to resolve this quest peacefully so I ended up having to leave Boone and EDE behind. As I turned on my stealthboy and sneaked through the corridors, I bumped into a Nightkin. Cue a quick "Ohno" as we stared blankly at each other for a brief moment while still invisible. Then pretty much every Nightkin in the basement bumrushed me.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: September 19, 2013, 09:51:54 pm »

Just got Special DLC work for the GTA V, i decide to called the blimp and fly it around, cue me stealing an car and driving to an area far way (Just outside the city and running into the race track), i start driving FLYING it to the tallest building in which my guy jump face first into the roof, then off

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:34 am »

Getting my ankle gnawed on by a crawling zombie in long grass in project zomboid.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: September 20, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »

Ran out of ammo, then Ridley ripped me to pieces.

Ignored the Goddess when she was speaking in my dream. Incoming lightning bolt of smiting.

Try to back out of the first battle while the Goddess was telling me to get to it. Cue lightning bolt of smiting.

Met an unconscious lamia in the woods. Since I had somewhere to be, I ignored her and kept going. Upon my return, she had decided that humans were jerkasses and had to die. The Monster Lord then violated me to death.

I escaped from the vault as a baby. Spent waaay to long walking to Megaton.
I went to the Craterside Supply and decided to see what happens if I die, so I punched Moira.
It ends up I turn into some sort of horrific mockery of a human!

Let me guess, your body got all freaky and stretched like if you kill Dagoth Ur in Oblivion when you're not supposed to?

I love ragdolling bodies that aren't designed to do so :3
Dagoth Ur? In Oblivion?!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: September 20, 2013, 01:03:44 pm »

Oblivion?  Dagoth Ur?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: September 20, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »

I'm tempted to correct this train of discussion but more interested in seeing where it goes.  :P
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: September 20, 2013, 01:22:56 pm »

I remeber dagot ur in obivian ya lelelelelelel
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: September 20, 2013, 01:32:44 pm »

If you kill Dagoth Ur normally in Morrowind he teleports to the final chamber.  In the final chamber he is invincible.  even dropping him in lava is a no go, as soon as he gets out he's attacking you again.  When you use Keening and Sunder he screams and evaporates.  He has no natural corpse.  He was never meant to be seen dead.

EDIT: I want cliff racers.  I demand those annoying monsters.  I crave for the days of 2 kwarma foragers and 4 cliff racers attacking me simultaneously.

EDIT:EDIT:  Why did he have that face, as opposed to a not freaky looking face?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:41:30 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: September 20, 2013, 01:48:32 pm »

By the way, did that fight inspire the second fight against Asha in Iji? The arena is the same, entrance from the above-right, exit bottom left, with a damage floor beneath the fight platform. Plus, the combatants, a cyber-enhanced female against a male nemesis, one of whom is a bounty hunter and the other is kinda insane.

Good eye!  The developer confirmed that this is in fact the case - at least that the arena is directly based off Ridley's arena.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: September 20, 2013, 05:40:08 pm »

My lava orc Berzeker got cast into the abyss while trying to clear the Orc mines. Utter assraping by the monsters therein ensued.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1574