Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372951 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7995 on: January 25, 2013, 11:05:40 pm »

Lethal Lava Land. Bully the Bullies. Nuff said.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh god, that one... I used to have so much trouble with it when I was little, until I learnt that if you run to the edge of the platform, groundpound when they come near you, you've got a reasonable chance of knocking at least one of the three bullies in.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03:13 am »

Let try this new mod...Got killed in one hit from a pig...FUKKKKKKKK

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: January 26, 2013, 08:59:51 am »

*sighs* Whilst my character was blissfully bashing away at a steel frame to make a vehicle, he just kinda didn't notice anything else in the garage until he was surrounded by a dozen zombies, and he only noticed them when they hit him in the head, torso, and various other places.

He was a good man... albeit, a bit clumsy and possibly blind.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:23 am »

I got killed by hallucinations from bad shrooms, ninjas, wolves, aliens and many... many... other things.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: January 26, 2013, 10:58:10 am »

After a string of terror missions and sub-salvaging gone wrong, my funds went into a debt. I've tried to sack most of scieentists and engineers I don't need and scour few small ships for selling, alas, month later the funding comitee decided to terminate X-COM project.

And soon Earth became a water world.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: January 26, 2013, 01:24:38 pm »

Our P3 spamming Arcane-Earth area effect and killing us. When we finally had to start over both of the other players left.

I might never get to play magicka online with 3 other players-everybody either puts a password on their server or leaves.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8001 on: January 26, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »

Starved to death. AGAIN!

How the hell do you actually become self-sufficient in this bloody game?

UnReal World
Eat rotten food, vomit it up, eat more, vomit it up too, eat more, vomit that up then drink water until you're full.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: January 26, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

God fucking dammit, fucking Living Ice.

Not only does it spam a full-party-hit spell, it's an advanced one that does ~800 damage per hit, and I have two kids in my party with only about 600. What am I supposed to do?! I don't have enough angel plumes to rez them every other turn, I barely have enough to keep the adults up, which is just enough to keep me alive, not even attacking. Every turn after it casts it's Reflect spell (Which reflects dispel, btw, which is total bullshit forever) it murders the kids and knocks the adults down to only about 100 hp. I even grinded out another level and taught my cleric Black Magic lvl 4 so she could use Grounda and try to bring this thing down quickly but I still lose. It's a battle against a team of 1 mage, 2 clerics and a monk, or thereabouts, so why does it have a highly damaging attack along with reflect?! I literally have to rely on the monk, who's like 7 years old and has only 600 hp, which wouldn't be bad IF IT DIDN'T SPAM THAT DAMN ATTACK. Which never fucking misses because it's a spell. And my most advanced form of defense is a pathetic barrier spell I only barely know how to cast on the whole party. And it has an annoying cutscene in front, so not only do I have to load at a save point a small jog across a random enocounter area to get at him, I also have to skip a cutscene.

It's like this fucking moster was built to be annoying to me. Everything about it is shit. The game isn't shit. I know the guys who worked on it knew what they were doing. But this boss is shit. This boss is total fucking moose shit wrapped in dog shit with shit icing on a shit platter. Fuck this boss, and fuck every line of code that he depends on, and fuck that goddamn spell. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the All- version. If it was a OHKO, I'd be fine, as long as it only hit one person. As it is, this thing has a OH2KO spell. One fucking spell knocks out half the party. The party I CAN'T MODIFY. I've forgotten where my damn fighter is but he's nowhere to be found. I don't have my rogue, who does nice physical damage. I don't have a paladin, or even the whiny fucker in gold armor I never use. No, it's three spell-casters and a low-level monk with no skills vs a boss that would be challenging enough if I actually had access to Kaim or Seth. God fucking dammit.

Fuck this monster. I just want it done.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:52 pm »

I am absolutely no good with Yoshi. I had to continue once on Giant DK, once on Metal Mario, again on Fighting Polygon Team and almost had to again on Master Hand. All worth it for 100%.

EDIT:

Fighting against Level 9 Donkey Kong as Fox, and we're both on our last life at over 100% damage. I throw DK out of the way to grab a Bob-Omb. Mere milliseconds after I throw it, Donkey punches it. It explodes in both of our faces, instantly killing me while DK was only saved by the "shooting star" KO animation.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:26:10 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: January 26, 2013, 08:35:40 pm »

Died as an old unmarried woman from a failed coronary bypass.

Alter Ego.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: January 27, 2013, 06:26:51 am »

After a life time of saving cash from a good job in the Business sector, purchasing a (decent) car and a boat, getting married and having a son, my character finally passed away at the age of 67 at the end of a baseball match.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: January 27, 2013, 07:57:17 am »

All 30 of my clones turned on me. I killed most of them, but in the end they overwhelmed me.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Console commands are still good for a laugh, even if you've beaten the game a zillion times.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:03 am »

I opened a single canister of plasma, didn't even ignite it. Died instantly.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: January 27, 2013, 11:41:14 am »

As my character was amassing my three-dozen-something supply of cooked meat and uncooked meat, a deer caught his eye from the south. Armed with his trust-worthy butcher knife, he finally caught up with it and stabbed the deer. Having already lost a machete, steak knife, and a blade because of them getting stuck on a deer or a squirrel, it wasn't much fun to lose yet another blade and make a dangerous trip to the city to get another or worse!

Find another survivor and murder him or her. Because they usually made shish-kebabs with their knives out of him than the other way around. So he quickly procured a crowbar from one of his cargo pants' pockets and set after the deer, smashing the deer every now and then. It was better than risking a death at the hands of one of those other survivors.

As the deer went, he went, to the point where they were 8 map tiles away from the camp. Not good but a butcher knife was in the line! Now, a wolf just had to see him whilst he was after the deer. A bit uneasy, his adventure followed until the wolf finally decided to run at him. It was praying time for him. "Oh sweet lord! This deer is heavily injured and bleeding everywhere so I can ge-" and cue him dying because of two leaping spiders who JUST POPPED OUT FROM BEHIND A TREE.

Excuses for the uppercase text but it sucks to lose a 26 days old character just because of two leaping spiders.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:08 pm »

Playing a rather weird variant of the popular "2sword" mode, I realized that my character's torso no longer had any rotational limits. By flexing my pectorals and rotating my chest in just such a way, I was able to turn in to a human helicopter. Unfortunately, my torso was ripped away by the force and I was disqualified when my legs hit the ground.

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1575