Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373690 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7845 on: January 06, 2013, 05:25:46 am »

k_____ze.  is there a taboo on that word? 

0.o
Kamikaze? There's not really a taboo on it. It's a very old word that translates to "divine wind" and was used before the Japanese suicide bombers of WW2.
The Japanese Rising Sun military flag is more of a taboo. Particularly in China, Korea, South East Asia and Oceania (can you guess why?). It's often comparable to the Nazi swastika.

Back on topic.
Monolith gauss rifle. I just found some Monolith exoskeleton armour that was in near perfect condition and I was about to celebrate by cracking open some "fresh" canned meat. The shot chewed right through my armour and even through my collection of self-created über artefacts.
I reloaded and managed to take him down before he got his shot off, making a satisfying thud as he hit the ground from the flat he was camping in. I looted the vodka and sandwich off his body and promptly had a roadside picnic - in my nice new suit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: January 06, 2013, 06:27:17 am »

I suffered the most epic, awesome, and glorious death. I died whilst crossing a broken window.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:30:19 am by ComputerWarrior »
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: January 06, 2013, 06:54:29 am »

I crashed my vehicle into a tree, killing myself and 10 children. In retrospect, this was probably a better fate than what I originally intended.

Ah the things we do for 100% completion...

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:01 am »

Dance so hard that i got on fire...fuck

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:33 am »

Got murdered by magma in DF.

Good times.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: January 06, 2013, 12:17:14 pm »

Final boss of x-com most of my squad is toast. 2 members left after mind control shenanigans, sniper/psi/"volunteer" and my shotgun assault.  My shotgun assault is still mind controlled and ready to end my sniper next turn.

Final boss has 4 hp left, sniper rifle should hit for 10.  20 with a crit.  90% chance to hit.  I got this in the bag.
*Bang*
Sniper:"Shot wide!"
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: January 06, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

Mauled by wolves in the Cataclysm Roguelike.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: January 06, 2013, 08:47:40 pm »

I entered a new area, loading screen and all, to find a path going ahead, a hill to my left and plains to my right. I walk forward and see a group of 3-4 bandits walking down the road and I creep to a bush and prepare to sort my inventory, load all my guns, heal etc. etc. I come back out of the bush, walking slowly as to not produce to much noise, to see nobody out there. I keep walking and receive a wake-up call in the form of an assault rifle being fired into my skull from behind.

This isn't the first time, either. I was at a bandit outpost (of "2") about half my cumulative game time ago, I hosed down the bandits and looted their corpses then picked up and unloaded (but kept one) of their guns, now my shiny new guns. I continue to sort my inventory when I hear BANG BANG as both barrels of a sawed-off are fired, from behind, into my skull. :(

I loaded and did the same thing, killing the bandits and all, then saved again. I sat there for a good 3 minutes waiting for this scum to show up. I walk through the house, enter a new zone, and immediately get my head blown off when the loading screen finishes. Fuck. Load, walk through there again, the bandit who shot me both times is mysteriously gone. I now look behind me every so often just in case the paranormal bandit decides to materialize and earn a killstreak.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:49:18 pm by Jacob/Lee »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:54 pm »

The second form of the Rebel Flagship blasted my Engi ship with a huge number of drones.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:55:56 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:10 pm »

Minecraft:Feed The Beast MindcrackModpack on a server.

*Clears throat*

Well I was going to go help protect someone who was getting basalt (Something the third player on the server wanted for the factory they were building.) but then I ran into two BRAINY zombies who are really fast so I started circle strafing but then a skeleton shot me and moved me to the right and SHAZAM my crosshair crossed an enderman so I started backpedling but SHAZAM right as another arrow hit me to the right a Creeper wassssssssssssssssssssss priming in that very direction.

Guy I went out to protect:"So how am I back at base and you're dead?" (He was actually curious in case you were wondering.)

I basically typed the same story as above, only more concise and with more SHAZAM.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:03:15 am by Markus »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: January 07, 2013, 03:40:56 pm »

Feed The Beast, nice!  My friends and I went with the Direwolf20 pack for Mystcraft.

So I was playing Minecraft: Feed The Beast Direwolf20Modpack with my friends who are all about building vertically.  From the second "floor" down to the first is about 20 z-levels (we dug into a mountain, like true dwarves).  Unfortunately I'm playing on my laptop via motel wifi, and slipped off the ladder.  Again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:59 pm »

It's pretty bad when you're out of fuel and almost dead. What could possibly make it worse?

Hitting an event which has a chance of finishing you off no matter which option you pick.

Three guesses why this post is appearing here.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:11 am »

Was fighting a bandit leader when he got a kill cam on me. After he finished his over head swing knocking my corpse to the floor, he walked away uttering "And they call me a savage! At least I don't leave my trash laying around."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:12 am »

Maceman. 

DF
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: January 08, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »

My first king, killed in battle. His son, murdered by rebellious peasants. His son, slain in personal combat.

The kings of Daneland do not die peacefully in their beds.

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1575