Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373911 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7800 on: December 31, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »

My king was a brave warrior and a brilliant strategist. A veteran of a dozen wars, his whole life had been spent on campaign. At the age of 39, he could reasonably expect that to continue for many years more, ending with a glorious death in battle.

Instead, he died of syphilis that year.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »

Oh, a water demon. I can totally take th- OH MY FUCKING GOD, HE SPAWNED JUIBLEX!

Nethack.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »

Juiblex?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: December 31, 2012, 10:07:35 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: December 31, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

Drove that very rare find - my car - into a wall, was unable to get it back out. Left said vehicle, ran for my life from the zombies, but they caught up and gangmobbed me to death.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: December 31, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

Circled around a forsworn archer and blasted them off their perch as they where focused shooting at my undead thralls. Go over to the edge and look down to confirm the kill, and get an arrow straight through my jaw sending my corpse flying into the air for my troubles.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: January 01, 2013, 12:01:10 am »

Xom has granted you a gift!
Something has appeared at your feet!
f - a scroll labeled OKUTAT NIRGHOO {god gift}
*I read it*
The scroll explodes in your claws!

God damn it, Xom!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: January 01, 2013, 08:27:47 am »

I was traveling to a quest when I came upon a cyclops. It was a very narrow area, being a cliffside road.
My allies and I go to start dispatching the thing. It had a helmet, so I did what I usually do, which was climb up onto its head to make it get its helmet off. I'm not paying attention to my three allies as I'm doing so, completely focused on my stamina and myself.
Rather than sweeping its helmet off, it flails it arms, getting me at I was repositioning. I flew off the cliff...

I didn't die, however. I noticed my allies dying at the bottom of the cliff. I brought them back and went back up, saving my game along the way.
Again, we battle the cyclops. I pull a risky move by moving up to slice its legs with my daggers. Bad choice. It got a solid hit on me with its club, sending me flying right off the cliff to my doom. My wizard layed dead next to me as well. It was a good thing I saved before fighting it that second time.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58:10 am »

Pendrake got trolled. Hard.

Basically, I was trying to scrounge up a wish for a dragon egg. I had used up the wand, so I quaffed the smoky potion I had. I get polymorphed into a silver dragon, which would be fantuckingfastic if I had gone ahead and chosen a female knight at character creation. Instead, attempts to #sit state "male dragons can't lay eggs!" So close, yet so far.

So I go ahead and explore the next floor as a silver dragon. Things are going good, I kill a rabid rat and keep moving. Then I find a troll. My lack of AC and speedy gear let the troll score tons of hits on me, but I kill him...then he rises from the dead a few turns later and traps me in a corner. He kills me, and I revert back to human form, wearing only the dragon scale mail and facing an almost full heath troll in a corner.

I zap a wand of sleep, and kill the troll while he's asleep, losing some honor but at the plus of still being alive. I suit up and keep exploring, and walk right into, oh look, another opulent effing throne room. I make a hasty retreat after trying to hold out in the doorway due to some monsters getting lucky hits and actually costing me my amulet of life saving. Yep, otherwise I woulda died there.

Going back up a floor, I sit in the corner and wait for my health to recharge, Pendrake shakily wondering how things went to hell so fast. In retrospect I really should have engraved Elbereth on the floor. After killing a squad of gnomes no problem another troll wanders into the room and lumbers toward little ol' me, with less than half my health regained.

I throw darts at the troll like he's a poorly painted wall in the back of the bar and I'm the drunk who chugged 3 pan-galactic gargle blasters. After nailing some "hits!" the troll makes a beeline for a spare unicorn horn lying around in the room. I, fearing that the troll will zap himself with it and heal, dumbly move in to engage.

Code: [Select]
The troll wields a unicorn horn!
The troll hits!
You die...

A troll finished me off with the unicorn horn...the same unicorn that I had previously attempted to saddle and tame and ultimately killed because the thing got pissed at me for throwing carrots at it. If I had avoided it, maybe the troll wouldn't have killed me...with the unicorn horn of all things. FUUUUUUUUUUU-

Spoiler: death stats: (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:06:01 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: January 01, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »

I was traveling to a quest when I came upon a cyclops. It was a very narrow area, being a cliffside road.
My allies and I go to start dispatching the thing. It had a helmet, so I did what I usually do, which was climb up onto its head to make it get its helmet off. I'm not paying attention to my three allies as I'm doing so, completely focused on my stamina and myself.
Rather than sweeping its helmet off, it flails it arms, getting me at I was repositioning. I flew off the cliff...

I didn't die, however. I noticed my allies dying at the bottom of the cliff. I brought them back and went back up, saving my game along the way.
Again, we battle the cyclops. I pull a risky move by moving up to slice its legs with my daggers. Bad choice. It got a solid hit on me with its club, sending me flying right off the cliff to my doom. My wizard layed dead next to me as well. It was a good thing I saved before fighting it that second time.

Is that on that mountain cliff place with all the female thieves?
I hated that place.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: January 01, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »

Basically, I was trying to scrounge up a wish for a dragon egg. I had used up the wand, so I quaffed the smoky potion I had. I get polymorphed into a silver dragon, which would be fantuckingfastic if I had gone ahead and chosen a female knight at character creation. Instead, attempts to #sit state "male dragons can't lay eggs!" So close, yet so far.
Ahahahah, one of the few times you wish you had an Amulet of Change, huh? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: January 01, 2013, 07:28:21 pm »

Rakks. F**king rakks swwoping in, killing me and flying away to prevent my second wind.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: January 01, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »

Oh, look! A kobold! those are easy to kill!

You have died!

I laughed far to hard at this.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: January 01, 2013, 09:40:59 pm »

Bleeding? Poison?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:01 pm »

Blown apart several times by random ships.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1575