Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374741 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7560 on: December 06, 2012, 03:20:15 am »

The only Might and Magic title I've ever played is Dark Messiah, which was a fun (if not super difficult) brawler kinda like Zeno Clash. Reading Hans's and Cass's posts, I'm feeling the urge to play more of them :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:44 am »

I was trying out the hangglider for the first time, went fine and I decided to pick up some speed, started to dive and managed to get a face full of bird. This promptly caused me to crash and die.

I knew those damn birds are in with gravity on the conspiracy to get me kill, now I have proof!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: December 06, 2012, 08:29:26 am »

Kblkrayngus, Jreengus and Brobngjeendak never survived the onslaught Sigmund makes.

Then again, they worshipped Trog and were idiots anyway, so maybe they underestimated that guy.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:31:29 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7563 on: December 06, 2012, 10:50:42 am »

Tried to go to ramming speed in my borrowed cement truck to escape a gang war. Pressed the "ramming speed" button for ARMA 2. Lept out of the truck at 60mph, but it's OK, because a 600 lb luchador broke my fall, and spine.

Saints Row III
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: December 06, 2012, 11:49:32 am »

Nine was a beta in all but name. I actually got off the starting island somehow, and onto the mainland, but everything on the mainland is hideously overpowered.

Mandate of Heaven or six, is my favorite. Then eight, then seven. But in Seven, you get your own castle, and you also get to choose between good, evil, or neutrality. But in six, there's a giant desert FILLED TO THE BRIM AND BEYOND WITH DRAGONS, WYRMS, DRAKES, AND BIGGER DRAGONS. Best part of the game. "Oh, you like fighting dragons huh? How about like, two thousand dragons and dragon-like creatures densely packed onto some islands and a desert? Still like fighting dragons?"

Only in Six... Can you fly around in a desert, shooting fucking laser beams as a horde of scale returns fire as they burst into charred corpses, and giant lizards spit lightning and acid from the ground, as you fly over a PYRAMID SPACE SHIP and fling magic with your laser beams.

I've only ever played seven and eight, loved them, though. In seven there's also Eofol, the land of the giants which has dragons, hydras, giants and demons tightly packed. Also laserbeams. No pyramid spaceships, though. Also: can you really go neutral in seven? I though you had to choose good/evil.

Man, this makes me wanna find six and play it...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: December 06, 2012, 12:01:28 pm »

Nine was a beta in all but name. I actually got off the starting island somehow, and onto the mainland, but everything on the mainland is hideously overpowered.

Mandate of Heaven or six, is my favorite. Then eight, then seven. But in Seven, you get your own castle, and you also get to choose between good, evil, or neutrality. But in six, there's a giant desert FILLED TO THE BRIM AND BEYOND WITH DRAGONS, WYRMS, DRAKES, AND BIGGER DRAGONS. Best part of the game. "Oh, you like fighting dragons huh? How about like, two thousand dragons and dragon-like creatures densely packed onto some islands and a desert? Still like fighting dragons?"

Only in Six... Can you fly around in a desert, shooting fucking laser beams as a horde of scale returns fire as they burst into charred corpses, and giant lizards spit lightning and acid from the ground, as you fly over a PYRAMID SPACE SHIP and fling magic with your laser beams.

I've only ever played seven and eight, loved them, though. In seven there's also Eofol, the land of the giants which has dragons, hydras, giants and demons tightly packed. Also laserbeams. No pyramid spaceships, though. Also: can you really go neutral in seven? I though you had to choose good/evil.

Man, this makes me wanna find six and play it...

I'm fairly sure you can. You go find this guy they don't mention, and in the little cutscene, instead of putting one line far to either Catherine or Archibald's side, it goes right in the middle of Harmondale. Then you're screen changes from just basic gray to fancy gray. And you really get nothing else for it. Evil is better for the epic win death magic (Which you can still get, IIRC) and Good is better for their weapon shops, er I mean Divine Intervention spell.
And Arcomage in seven and eight. Can't forget the funnest fantasy card game ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: December 07, 2012, 12:13:27 am »

My Engineer crew of three (technically, one was a humie, but close enough) died after a boarding incident. Thanks to the nano-healing tech, the three of them tanked damage well, but the invaders dealt a good deal of damage to the ship. Ultimately we had to hole up in the medical bay to get further healing to tank more damage. By the time we had driven off (read: killed) all five of them, we realized we  were running all out of oxygen due to the pumps being one of the first rooms to be invaded.

The two engineers suffocated while fixing the oxygen tanks, and the human, the last guy, was so close to repairing it...but he suffocated too. Yep, they're pretty dead now. A decent 2nd run, really.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: December 07, 2012, 12:54:26 pm »

Mobbed to death by a mob of angry Spanish peasants. Who were also not-zombies.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: December 07, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »

Well not me but a hero locked him down in the dungeon when I locked the door didn't know he was down there poor Barbarian

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:18:03 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: December 07, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

I was killed by a FLY. A FUCKING. FLY. GAWD.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »

You have no idea how much I've raeged at flies while trying a no damage run. Countless attempts ruined! I hate them so much!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: December 07, 2012, 07:09:29 pm »

You have no idea how much I've raeged at flies while trying a no damage run. Countless attempts ruined! I hate them so much!
The thing is, I was playing as Judas and I was killed in THE FIRST (Enemy) ROOM I WENT IN TO. Sometimes I just kill myself just to get a better first item, but here I had already got he X-Ray Glasses, and just wanted to find a secret room! I actually think the spiders are worse, though. I HATE them. Too...spastic with their movements...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: December 07, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »

For whatever reason, cloud cars have about 12 seconds of fight left in them after they lose all their health. I tried to bail out, but I misjudged and ended up dying on impact.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:07 pm »

Came down with a bad case of One More Turn. Also, stop killing of my harpies, you bastards! There a pain to replace, and I have to tolerate their bullcrap(partly by not killing their nest) in order to keep the option to recruit them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »

A car exploded next to me, taking me with it in the Fireball.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1575