Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374545 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7380 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:27 am »

Had a greatsword plunged through my Dwarf bard's head after being held captive and having my beard cut off. After a bandit, who captured another party member and I, cut off my beard to try and shut me up, I told him in great detail how I killed several other of his men with my bare hands. Apparently, he didn't like this much, and promptly murdered me. My second character of the campaign, this time a dwarf paladin of Torag, caught up with the same fellow and smite the shit out of him with her warhammer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:57 am »

Original Legend of Zelda? ???

No a ghost killed me in Quest for Glory 4 at night.

I was stuck outside for so long trying to find that Garden.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: November 13, 2012, 10:53:36 am »

Got surrounded by dozens of zombies, with little to no health and with 4 sticks of dynamite. I lit the sticks of dynamite and threw 'em left and right, saved the last one for myself and took the last zombie with me. I do not go quietly!

Edit: Died again, this time to some 'clear slime' which combines a melting attack everyone should fear and being extremely hard to spot. Here's how this game went:

TLDR: I kicked total ass with a tommy gun and a hammer until I met an anti-climactic demise to a clear slime ambush.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:27:31 pm by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:24 pm »

Creeper fell into my pit-home as I was re-roofing...

did not go well for me, as then I fell through the floor of my suspended home...

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: November 14, 2012, 08:37:36 am »

I was playing an orc barbarian for a change of pace. Things were going great, I had a bunch of armor and food, a two handed sword, an axe, a shield, etc. I was in the first level of Sokoban, when I find a floating eye. Being a barbarian, I didn't have anything to really throw at it.

I think to myself, I can kill that eye in melee combat. What are the chances of other monsters attacking me while I'm frozen? I take a swing, score a hit, an sure enough the eye freezes me in place.

SUDDENLY, KILLER BEE SWARM...yeah, of course the RNG decides to screw me over. YASD.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:40:22 am by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: November 14, 2012, 10:23:57 am »

The Four Kings of New Londo don't seem to agree with my failed strategy of dragging out the battle.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: November 14, 2012, 04:36:18 pm »

Inside my first week of being the captain of the troop transport "Tetsudo", setting out from starbase I stumble upon a destroyer. Apparently it is empty of life and quite abandoned. Its engines, weapons and shields are all operational and the stuff a rookie captain dreams of, so an away team is dispatched to investigate and lay claim to it. 75% of the ship is socuted without incident. Then we enter the bridge. Some stealthed alien wipes out the entrie party save for me in one attack. Wounded, I drag myself back towards my transport, firing my sidearm blindly at where the invisible foe came from. Unsuprisingly I dont get very far and I die in the cargo bay of the hulk, the alien chowing down on my corpse before its cold.

Is "Tetsudo" supposed to be "Testudo" [Latin "tortoise"] or "Tetsuo" [Japanese male given name]?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:07 am »

Propably it's just 'Tetsudo' :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: November 15, 2012, 01:25:04 pm »

Was bored, so I fired a missile at my main biodome, killing all but four my colonists. Since I didn't have the money to buy materials for another missile, I exited the game.

A Republic fleet just pushed right on through my defensive line, shooting up most of it in the process. Next time around, I just stocked up on dozens of Vultures ahead of time and let auto-battle take care of the mess.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7389 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:27 pm »

Decided to have a total brain malfunction and move my King to the corner, where I was promptly checkmated by the other player's Archbishop.

Chess :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: November 15, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »

I was Reudhyu, TRUSTWORTHY SAMURAI OF EXTREME HONOR.
I had a child, Mariko, but due to Japan's laws about children, I could not also be a TRUSTWORTHY SAMURAI OF EXTREME GENDER EQUALITY.

My wife was EXTREME EDUCATED WIFE OF ABSURD HONOR.

I went to mah homie Geki's house and got ambushed on the way, helped him fight off rebels, had some tea, bros for life. Comic relief Kinbei, mediocre samurai of little honor got himself killed.

Then all of a sudden pikemen and i got split in half!
ffjklgjlkgj so dies TRUSTWORTHY SAMURAI OF EXTREME HONOUR REUDHYU.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: November 15, 2012, 04:39:02 pm »

Decided to have a total brain malfunction and move my King to the corner, where I was promptly checkmated by the other player's Archbishop.

Archbishop? What madness is this?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: November 15, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »

Looks like a bishop, moves like a queen. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7393 on: November 15, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »

'tis the Capablanca variety of madness
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: November 15, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »

I just got reminded by that huge japanese version of chess with 400 pieces or so for each player...

EDIT: Oh right, it was this monstrosity.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:37:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 1575