Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374548 times)

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7365 on: November 11, 2012, 11:16:25 pm »

I kept getting my boat blown up while trying to turn around and fire rockets at a mortar truck on the river bank. I got SUPER CLOSE at one point before I got blown up again >.<

Call of Duty: Black Ops

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: November 11, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »

Overthrown and then executed by a conspiracy led by my sister and my cousin. Ah, family.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: November 12, 2012, 03:15:43 am »

I had finished off the enemy leader by throwing all of my guys at him, and was rushing forward to meet the rest of his men. But I had forgotten about his towers, and indeed his crossbowmen.
They all decided to focus their fire on poor, poor Sir Tombshire, and he bit the dust a second time. This time, permanently.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: November 12, 2012, 03:18:36 am »

Hmm let me see my last death...

A ghost climbed out of a rock and sucked my life out.

I tried to reflect the magic bolts it was attacking me with... but according to the game it and its blasts weren't magic. I tried giving myself protection from attack but its attacks weren't physical.

I actually found out how I was supposed to beat it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:21:19 am by Neonivek »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:32 am »

Original Legend of Zelda? ???
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »

Built up a nice castle. Then I ran out of money, and all my troops deserted save one archer and one infantryman.

Then the Celts attacked.

Got involved in a bloody war with Burgundy. Managed to take out most of their army, but using up much my iron and timber in the process. Then I got word that the Pope was considering Aragon for the throne. Pushed as much of my gold as possible to improving relations with the Pope. Then Burgundy hit back, much harder than I would've expected. Began trying to rally. But then the Pope put Aragon on the throne. Game over.

After a Tree Farming attempt went HORRIBLY HORRIBLY awry, I was left with a single unit. She managed to build her self a little house, farm, and masonry.
Then a couple of pig men decided they wanted the camp for themselves. Needless to say, Elenor LeMason didn't live to build her bakery. I thought I had a Queen Urist on my hands.

Not pictured, the House and Masonry.
That's what the game looks like now? I kinda ignored it after it when commercial. I might have to look into it...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7371 on: November 12, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »

Fired a missile at the tutorial NPC, he was not amused.

Vega Strike
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:35 pm »

Tried to kill Captain Keys (a few dozen times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: November 12, 2012, 01:10:50 pm »

You can, though.  Its Johnson and his 2 buddies who can't die. (unless you mean Miranda)

To contribute, I last died by walking into an 8 muton, 1 berserker, 1 cyberdisk, and 2 drone ambush.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:12:50 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: November 12, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

Yeah, I just couldn't do it and survive, or fulfill my mission of killing the entire bridge staff.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: November 12, 2012, 02:18:44 pm »

Hmm let me see my last death...

A ghost climbed out of a rock and sucked my life out.

I tried to reflect the magic bolts it was attacking me with... but according to the game it and its blasts weren't magic. I tried giving myself protection from attack but its attacks weren't physical.

I actually found out how I was supposed to beat it.
One of the Quest for Glory games? (4, maybe?)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: November 12, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »

Started a new game of XCOM...on Classic. Cue the last Sectoid on my first mission slaughtering 3/4 of my squad. Last guy had a single point of health left when he finally landed a killing hit...

XCOM in case you missed it

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:30 pm »

classic ironman ftw!  explosions are your friend.  So is shredder rockets and suppression.  I expect to lose a man or two until I get Lt. or better main squad, and even then I mix in a nub with melee armour

Spoiler: tips (click to show/hide)
I would like to know if any of that was useful...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:43:38 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: November 12, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »

I can tell you which ones which I think are wrong, if that helps.

men are expenable
No, I don't think anyone is expendable except for rookies when attempting very important things.

A sub-optimal squad will lose up to half their men.
"Will" is completely incorrect. The game runs on the RNG. And players differ in tactical skill.

You can and will be butthurt by 8-10 enemies almost right out the skyranger, esp on 'long' maps or ones with 2 building w/mostly glass windows facing one another.
Once again, "will" is not a word you should use on games which randomly generate things. I've gone on many maps with only a few squads next to the Skyranger.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:00 am »

WHY ARE THERE BEARS ON THE 6,000 STEPS. I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING ANY BEARS LAST PLAYTHROUGH HERE.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1575