Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374340 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7320 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:26 am »

I had a war between me (Federation) and the Romulans, when suddenly I got message they formed a war pact against me with Dominion and became military affiliates.

"Sure, I can take them both."

Suddenly Jem'Hadar ships and transports above half of my planets. 50 turns later I surrendered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: November 07, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

Not really a death, but the game crashed while I was slowly watching my droids moving through the town, killing anyone who dared to resist.

It was quite simillair to what would have happened if Cybermen attacked Tatoine. Those droids are bloody slow. Also, there's a lot of them.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »

Mauled by a pack of wolves that snuck up on me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: November 07, 2012, 05:26:25 pm »

Jumped into a nearby science center to as last ditch to avoid fungal zombies (that found me after I shot the wolves that found me after I ran from the zombies that ate my three friends at the evac shelter after I came back from one of the best first runs I've ever had.).  It said there was a sheer drop, but I figured to stairs crumbled or something.  Ha, turned out to be a magma filled pit.  WTF scientists?  how do you flood the whole sublevel with magma?  Are you dwarves?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »

How do you play Cataclysm without running into game-breaking glitches? I'd probably enjoy it more if there was the slightest sense of direction and I didn't have error messages popping up so frequently.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33:57 pm »

I typically die between one and three days after I start, and things like this make it worthwhile, kinda like DF.  DF fortress is painful and overly complex, but when it goes just right a fantastic story comes out.

And, DF adventure pales in comparison to many games.  its fun because a story comes out of it.

besides, I find a bug, I bitch about it, it gets fixed eventually.
  sure Im pissed about losing that character (i had all the food, storage, and guns I wanted) but ehh.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:35:57 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: November 07, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »

The damn Power Troopers in Metroid Prime. I can deal with the Wave or Ice troopers after a while, but there's just no good way to fight the power beam ones.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »

Super Missiles, IIRC, will kill them pretty quickly. You're welcome!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

Super Missiles, IIRC, will kill them pretty quickly. You're welcome!

I actually didn't think of that, normal missiles don't hurt them. Thankies!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: November 07, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »

Was barely surviving the onslaught of the 20-odd enemy aircraft tailing me, not to mention the 3 or 4 battle ships and numerous boats all firing at me.
Then, all of a sudden while I'm getting into firing position, several jets fly from the side of the screen and dive into my airplane. For the first few seconds after I died I didn't even know WHAT happened.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: November 07, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

I opened a door. It then exploded. Which resulted in all of my wands exploding.

Sigh. Dick move, game. Dick move.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: November 07, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »

"Stay within the light"? Fuck you, game. I'm an incredibly squishy mage who relies on incinerating enemies before they can get a shot off, then running in circles while my DoTs and homing fire pillars kill the stragglers.

And you turn around and give me an unavoidable storyline mission where enemies spontaneously appear around me, and I have to stay within a small (and moving!) circle of light or else suffer constant damage. Best of all, every enemy that appears has a 50% chance of being an archer, who combine a near-unavoidable primary attack with an area-denial acid attack. Area denial, in a mission where there's precious little area I can stand in already, is nasty, and where standing still long enough to nuke the archer means standing in an acid pool and dying. And, assuming I survive the bullshit archers, and the inescapable lightning turrets, and the numerous minibosses, I now have to avoid several waves of traps that can lop off 1/3 to 1/2 of my health in a single hit, and where my dodge timing is being thrown off by the moving circle of light.  >:(

On the plus side, I gained ~4 levels from constantly retrying the mission. So, yay?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: November 08, 2012, 03:58:52 am »

After some sneakiness to get my (USA) neutrality low enough with a friend who was playing as Japan, we invaded Canada. Britain wasn't too happy about this and landed troops in Halifax and began fighting my navy off the coast of Nova Scotia, but it was to no avail. I had already had my troops set up just right beforehand and quickly blitzed all of Canada's key cities as my Japanese ally took vancouver. In a few days I had taken Canada, and my Japanese ally decided to flip the governments of some small axis states to democracy for shits n giggles. But then as the game transferred control to me it decided to up and crash. Damn.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:03:08 am by zehive »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: November 09, 2012, 12:46:02 pm »

Grossly underestimated the Ylsiedes. I've never seen anything move that fast, let alone in full plate and carrying a two-handed sword. No wonder an entire fort was wiped out by three of them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: November 09, 2012, 12:49:19 pm »

Grossly underestimated the Ylsiedes. I've never seen anything move that fast, let alone in full plate and carrying a two-handed sword. No wonder an entire fort was wiped out by three of them.

How is that game?  I've had it sitting in my queue for a while and was thinking of playing it after I finish Alan Wake: American Nightmare.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1575