Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374022 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7230 on: October 25, 2012, 01:26:02 pm »

I just finished a very tough battle, it had cost me all my potions, and I had just a tiny bit of health left. I looted the corpses and found a weapon better than the spear I was using, so I immediately equipped it. I forgot that the spear gave me a small health boost... Dropped dead instantly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: October 25, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »

I was surrounded by Reanimated Corpses, and stricken suddenly with Necrophobia.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »

Read a manuscript that turned out to be a scroll of pestilence. Went out with a bang, throwing three sticks of dynamite around the room before dying and taking the dozens of monsters with me.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 26, 2012, 09:24:01 am »

Shot in the face by a Swedish Reiter when he beat me at reloading pistols. Stupid mounted terminators....

M&B: With Fire & Sword
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 26, 2012, 11:13:42 am »

Froze to death climbing the 7000 steps to see Greybeards.  When I died I Plié-d, spun around, and spurted blood out of evey oriface a surprising distance.  Was rather humoreous even if I have to kill everything again. Just take more firewood, I guess.

Spoiler: with rant (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 26, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »

That's a common staple of RPGs, really. No matter how many people supposedly walk the streets or hunt in the forests, no matter how well the soldiers guard the area, there's always going to be some enemies for you to kill. Or to kill you.

Of course, once the guards think you are a criminal, they end up being everywhere to take you down.

Case in point: I'm playing Gearhead 2. I'm a native of 1 government (The Rishiri Dominion), which gets attacked by another (The L5 Alliance). I help the Rishiri, but this pisses off the Alliance. Of course, the way the game is I have business in one of the colonies owned by the Alliance, so I end up getting harassed by the Silver Knights, the mech military force of the Alliance. They destroy my beloved, favorite mech and damn near kill me.
Nothing important here, move along.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: October 26, 2012, 02:29:15 pm »

Sharks, so many deaths... so many sharks.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 26, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »

Doing top of the world extreme where I had already gotten 2 of the medals as well as taken out the guy with the jammer and 5 of the guards clustered together frozen in place so I decided it would be safe to jump the lone guard patrolling by himself. Just barely out of eyesight of all the guys that where stuck. Apparently I wasn't when I landed and was immidiately shot to death before I could even drop a smoke pellet. Batman: Arkham City. I got it down to 1 guard and was about to go in for the beat down mistaking a blue object on the ground for a weapon and ran into a mine killing myself as the guard freaked out about his gun being jammed. Batman Arkham City again.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:44:31 pm by Dirg »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7238 on: October 26, 2012, 03:04:31 pm »

Sharks, so many deaths... so many sharks.

Not as bad as aquatic lions
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:54 pm »

Wait, you said... Aquatic Lions?!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7240 on: October 26, 2012, 03:49:03 pm »

I just be lying sleeping in my cabin on my remote island, when suddenly, lion out of fucking nowhere.
They were just strolling across the seabed from their island so they could nom my face.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: October 26, 2012, 05:24:47 pm »

Swapped around a set of drinking glasses in a study where a meeting was about to go down.  One was poisoned.

I heard two men talking loudly just outside the door.  I darted to the opposite side of the room ducking out and watching through the keyhole as the men toasted one another.  A little cough at first, then he continued talking, until he realized what just happened.  Cursing, he went to the floor and perished.  But before he did so, he yelled for the guards.  I still watched as the guards came bursting into the room shouting false accusations at the other man.

Shit.  I need to protect this guy.. this isn't going so well.  I ran into the room to but I was too late.  I attempted to fight off the horde of guards only to be slashed down.  I should of ran...

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 26, 2012, 08:52:05 pm »

Died in a car crash.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 26, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »

Wandering through the Fade as a mage who lost his friends. I opened a door and found myself faced with two possessed!mages. I charged up a fireball, hoping to catch them both in the blast, when

Horror
Paralysis
Fireball
Curse of Mortality

In about two seconds. I was dead pretty much instantly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 28, 2012, 12:23:43 pm »

The day won't come when the droids can outfight us without a 10-to-1 advantage.

Unfortunately, they usually do have a 10-to-1 advantage.
...And that business on Cato Neimoida doesn't... doesn't count.

And those B2 droids, they just walk right through my defensive line, then take out any unit or building they want in less than a second. The Republic can win most ground battle scenarios, except against supers or AATs.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1575