Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373591 times)

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7110 on: October 15, 2012, 11:09:08 pm »

Was playing Guild Wars 2, stepped off a 6-inch high curb in Divinity's Reach, bugged out and died of falling damage.  *facepalm*
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: October 15, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »

Goddamn Chapter 3's siege mission. It's retarded. I've beat it before, but now I can't remember how I did it. It doesn't help at all that William's forces are blatantly idiotic, simply rushing straight at the walls like morons. Anyone sieging this castle in reality would keep away from those blasted towers and come up on the right side, like they want you to. Except with William's forces I could take the wall. As is, I run out of steam around tower two, and they overwhelm me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: October 16, 2012, 03:45:11 am »

Eardrums (and brain) exploded from some noisy asshole in the dungeon. It was all going so well, too. Damnit. :-\ I shoulda been quicker with the potions...

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:20 am »

Now I have to download IVAN. Hopefully its combat and other systems will ease the infuriation of 93943943943 deaths in DC:SS on the first floor or because of a stupid thing.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: October 16, 2012, 05:40:53 am »

Now I have to download IVAN. Hopefully its combat and other systems will ease the infuriation of 93943943943 deaths in DC:SS on the first floor or because of a stupid thing.
Well, you can
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: October 16, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »

Not a game termination per-see but i had a chrysalid running straight toward a civilian, i didnt have enough firepower close-by for a 100% garanteed kill so i rushed one of my veteran to go and save the little bugguer and then hope my squad could finish the bugguer off..... My vet has been ripped to shred after saving the civilian life.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »

After busting my ass to get 11 levels, killing 8 UFOs and a whole shitton of cavemen and snakes, a frakkin yeti kills me.  Know why?  cuz I gots some climbing gloves on and you cant stomp on things when you are grabbing awall.  Even if you didn't mean to grab a wall.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: October 16, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »

I have now failed the same mission a dozen time consecutively.
Fuck you, inertia. Why do you have to make it so hard to fire an RPG out of a moving vehicle?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7118 on: October 16, 2012, 05:20:02 pm »

Aim at the ground in front of it, don't bother trying to hit it directly, go for splash damage.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:59 pm »

And this run was doing so well, too...

Abduction mission in the UK. My last mission, a downed medium UFO, opened with a Muton encounter, and ended with two dead rookies, two injured vets, 3 dead Mutons, and a hasty retreat. So I wasn't exactly ideally prepared for the abduction mission that followed.

I immediately discover that I only have 5 soldiers uninjured. So I have to deploy with 1 rookie and 3 Snipers, one Squadsight and the other two still squaddies. That alone was a very bad sign.

First turn: run into 3 Floaters. I've got almost no good cover, so I try grenading one Floater's cover. It works, and I successfully kill him with a follow-up shot. Unfortunately, I also revealed two Thin Men behind a wall. Nothing to do but pop smoke and hope for the best.

Second turn: one sniper dies to a well-aimed plasma blast. The rookie panics, moves two steps, and begins cowering. The other Floater launches into a flanking position, while the Thin Men dash into cover... one of them into my smoke grenade.

Third turn: everybody misses. Basically every cover position is flanked - I can't pull back, because there's empty space all the way back to the Skyranger, and between the Thin Men and the launched Floater I'm surrounded. I try the desperation tactic: kill the guys flanking me. My guys miss every shot.

The aliens respond by killing four guys. Literally, 4 aliens each fired a shot and killed somebody. I was left with the one rookie, who somehow had recovered from panic, surrounded on all sides by aliens.

I ended up with both North America and Europe at full panic, Asia averaging ~4 bars, and Egypt about to leave the council. I ragequit instead.  >:(

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »

I love the X-Com posts, they amuse me so.

Anyway, I decided that killing these guys with a pistol would be fun, so I shot them and OH HEY DOGS THOUSANDS OF THEM

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: October 16, 2012, 07:31:04 pm »

Oh hey carnivorous plants no biggie
"A CRIMSON LIGHT SURROUNDS YOU AND YOU TURN INTO A MALE MUTANT CARNIVOROUS BUNNY RABBIT."
oh sh---, and i'm boxed in.

The greater carnivorous plant critically bites you! You die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: October 16, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »

:D *Happy tears* A NEW CONVERT!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »

Picture relevant:

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: October 16, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »

Picture relevant:

Oh, then the sequel is a huge improvement!
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1575