Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373151 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7005 on: October 07, 2012, 01:36:24 pm »

Does crashing to desktop due to firewall count as dying?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:42 pm »

How do I love thee die horribly. Let me count the ways...
  • Punched
  • Kicked
  • Elbowed
  • Deadly combo attack
  • Deadlier combo attack
  • Headbutted
  • Butt thrust
  • Flurry of palms
  • Whacked in the nuts
  • 2x4 to the face
  • Sledgehammer to the face
  • Spiked club to the face
  • Demonic fire
  • Demonic claws
  • Demonic blast
  • Smashed to the ground
  • Pile driver
  • Super-spinning-uppercut-of-doom
  • Flying-Crane-Kick
  • Human missile
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: October 07, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »

Etrian Odyssey's final boss really doesn't fuck around. One turn in and I'm looking at the ruins of what used to be my dungeon-conquering party.
which one they all turn you into mush though

First one, planning to go through them semi-chronologically (1 -> 3 -> 2)
And I am so hype for EO3 like you wouldn't believe, so I'm gonna grind that shit as I'm still kinda underleveled with a non-optimal party
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan come out next year as well pretty much the only reason I'm getting a 3DS

Die in the last area do to only having normal gun on a engi ship
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: October 07, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »

Mein gott. This is most... Enlightening.

I have been defeated. By the fucking Polish. In the second battle of the campaign. On easy. As the Prussians.

Not only did I have superior infantry, a superior commander, and terrain advantage, but I'm a human. Fighting incredibly stupid AI.

The battle begins, with me setting up my cannons on a little hillock, and spreading my infantry out on either side. I've got a LOT of line infantry, eight units. Considering I've conquered whole nations with just six line infantry and two cannons, I've gone a bit overboard with eight line infantry, four cannons, two cavalry, two dragoons, and my general.
I underestimated my opponent. He had about three hundred more men than me, but they were mostly militia, some badass cavalry, several units of pikemen, and a few demicannons. I figured it would be a cinch to defeat him. I sieged his Artillery Fort.
My cannons were not quite in range, so I'd left them limbered, to get them into range. As they moved up, lucky cannonfire from the wall guns hit two of my units, killing two whole cannons from each unit. The enemy had a demicannon unit outside their walls, which was part of the reason for my dying cannons. I ordered my cavalry to kill the cannons.
This was my first mistake. My cavalry killed their cannons, but the enemy cavalry, Uhlans, rushed mine and killed them. I poured my dragoons into the enemy cavalry, which was my second mistake. My cavalry eliminated, the enemy cavalry charged my lines. I ordered cannons to canister shot them, but the cavalry never got in range, and went for the line infantry. So my cannons took unreturned fire for several moments, losing another cannon.
My infantry easily killed the cavalry.
After a long wait, I finally busted two holes in the walls, and sent my infantry forward with my general along to provide morale boosts. I poured my infantry in, after assessing the situation and determining that attempting to scale the walls to provide supporting fire would be... Insanely suicidal.
Third mistake. With such a high risk to scale the walls, I should never have sent my men into the teeth of packed melee infantry like pikemen, while there were still units on the walls with guns.
They ground my men into paste. It took about thirty minutes, and I managed to sieze an armory and make a stand with my units around the armory and in another corner of the fort. But slowly, one by one, they broke and slaughtered my men. Finally, I limbered up my cannons, and retreated my general and the cannons before the enemy could kill them.
Most enlightening. And angering. But revenge is best served cold. More cannons next time, no moving the cannons around, start unlimbered. Don't rush my cavalry forward, no matter how tempting it is. Don't send my infantry into a tactically suicidal situation.
Did I mention I need to bring more cannons? A lot more. I'm thinking eight units cannons, eight units line infantry, two units cavalry, general. I will watch Warsaw burn.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: October 07, 2012, 10:24:42 pm »

Mein gott. This is most... Enlightening.

I have been defeated. By the fucking Polish. In the second battle of the campaign. On easy. As the Prussians.

Not only did I have superior infantry, a superior commander, and terrain advantage, but I'm a human. Fighting incredibly stupid AI.

The battle begins, with me setting up my cannons on a little hillock, and spreading my infantry out on either side. I've got a LOT of line infantry, eight units. Considering I've conquered whole nations with just six line infantry and two cannons, I've gone a bit overboard with eight line infantry, four cannons, two cavalry, two dragoons, and my general.
I underestimated my opponent. He had about three hundred more men than me, but they were mostly militia, some badass cavalry, several units of pikemen, and a few demicannons. I figured it would be a cinch to defeat him. I sieged his Artillery Fort.
My cannons were not quite in range, so I'd left them limbered, to get them into range. As they moved up, lucky cannonfire from the wall guns hit two of my units, killing two whole cannons from each unit. The enemy had a demicannon unit outside their walls, which was part of the reason for my dying cannons. I ordered my cavalry to kill the cannons.
This was my first mistake. My cavalry killed their cannons, but the enemy cavalry, Uhlans, rushed mine and killed them. I poured my dragoons into the enemy cavalry, which was my second mistake. My cavalry eliminated, the enemy cavalry charged my lines. I ordered cannons to canister shot them, but the cavalry never got in range, and went for the line infantry. So my cannons took unreturned fire for several moments, losing another cannon.
My infantry easily killed the cavalry.
After a long wait, I finally busted two holes in the walls, and sent my infantry forward with my general along to provide morale boosts. I poured my infantry in, after assessing the situation and determining that attempting to scale the walls to provide supporting fire would be... Insanely suicidal.
Third mistake. With such a high risk to scale the walls, I should never have sent my men into the teeth of packed melee infantry like pikemen, while there were still units on the walls with guns.
They ground my men into paste. It took about thirty minutes, and I managed to sieze an armory and make a stand with my units around the armory and in another corner of the fort. But slowly, one by one, they broke and slaughtered my men. Finally, I limbered up my cannons, and retreated my general and the cannons before the enemy could kill them.
Most enlightening. And angering. But revenge is best served cold. More cannons next time, no moving the cannons around, start unlimbered. Don't rush my cavalry forward, no matter how tempting it is. Don't send my infantry into a tactically suicidal situation.
Did I mention I need to bring more cannons? A lot more. I'm thinking eight units cannons, eight units line infantry, two units cavalry, general. I will watch Warsaw burn.

This game... SOUNDS SO FUCKING AWESOME.

Anyway, I got gangraped by the Uruk-Hai... They didn't even let me get up.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »

-snip-
This game... SOUNDS SO FUCKING AWESOME.

Anyway, I got gangraped by the Uruk-Hai... They didn't even let me get up.

It's great. I was just getting bored with the battles all ending the same when that happened. I'm still very angry, and it happened this morning.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: October 08, 2012, 04:06:06 am »

Etrian Odyssey's final boss really doesn't fuck around. One turn in and I'm looking at the ruins of what used to be my dungeon-conquering party.
which one they all turn you into mush though

First one, planning to go through them semi-chronologically (1 -> 3 -> 2)
And I am so hype for EO3 like you wouldn't believe, so I'm gonna grind that shit as I'm still kinda underleveled with a non-optimal party
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan come out next year as well pretty much the only reason I'm getting a 3DS

These three parts of EO actually were the reason I re-bought a DS Lite. In fact, anything beyond the first part isn't even released in Europe so I'm importing from US for like double the price of a new game, each.
And those games are still worth it, so hard.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:01 am »

I got crushed by an Anti-Guy. 10 damage a hit against me with only 20 HP.
The one time I've failed my saying, which is "I NEVER DIE."

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: October 08, 2012, 09:05:56 am »

Carpet bombed the Launch Pad, Tracking Station, AND the VAB with some twenty engines and fuel tanks from a single disintegrated rocket that was supposed to head to Duna.

The quad-parachute lander did survive in one piece, though. Mission-kill does count, right?:P

[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:52 am »

I sit down to a new character after the mudcrab debacle.  Its going good, being back in my old 'diviner' character class(without the illusion and enchanting cuz AFAIK illusion is... limited).

Lvl 5 already?  I just punked one of the IMO hardest quests (fort Horaagistad) bo prob?  Okay, on to expert difficulty again.  While I miss the 201 point difficulty slider, Expert sounds good too.
  Anyhow, walking over to Saarthal for mages guild the college via scenic route when I suddenly see 5 blips on my compass.  And hear redgaurds.  and then hear them die.  and the see my summoned flame atronache die.  and then I sprint away.  and then I die too.
  W.T.F?  Four vamps and a 'hellhound orcdog' munched on my face with their magic vampire skills?  They came out of nowhere, and left as quick.  I've killed Lappras easier than this! 

edited for correct spoiler tags.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:22:16 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: October 08, 2012, 09:42:40 am »

Yep.
He's fucking with us.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: October 08, 2012, 02:20:38 pm »

World 1-4, I had the Bubble, Fire, Pharaoh Shot, and Blade powerups, and I was ready to fight Bowser. I spammed Blades until he died, but then I got fireball'd by his final one.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7017 on: October 08, 2012, 05:40:25 pm »

Cremity the rock (wo?)man didn't repair the hull breach in the O2 supply fast enough.

I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: October 08, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

Realized the bug i've been trying to smack for the last two hours was a bee.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: October 09, 2012, 12:35:38 am »

Does that mean you're dead?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1575