Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373298 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6825 on: September 23, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

Red Dead Redemption, it was in response to the 7 or so posts above it :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: September 23, 2012, 11:29:23 am »

Retried playing Cortex Command, but it seems that I cannot handle a giant swarm of mooks with diggers...

Oh well, time to try again.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:18 am »

How did I last die....

I thought the cure to the curse was in the Ruins of one particular half flooded city with a bunch of ghosts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: September 23, 2012, 12:13:08 pm »

My wounded and tired adventurer party thought that after grueling and long battle with nepharim, they can take the shiny dagger from the altar.

Surprise spawning of 3 Demons proved them wrong.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: September 23, 2012, 12:13:57 pm »

Gave what was basically the soul of all existence to something that really wanted to destroy it. Hilarity ensued.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: September 23, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »

Ooh, I got an epic one today.

I was wandering around with my follower, and he was my only means of protection. (I had nothing atm, he had TDI Vector) We were walking down a road and a VICIOUS HORDE OF RANDOMLY SPAWNED ZOMBIES attacked. They took one bullet each to die. I was getting hungry, so I walked to the nearby restaurant. The zombies then RANDOMLY SPAWNED by the dozen. We were magically surrounded by a leviathan horde in 2 seconds. I ran to the back, hoping to find a knife or something, and found nothing. I died immediately.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »

On Cortex command: They upgraded the AI greatly recently (especially pathfinding and jetpack use) so I can see melee with those concrete-shredding monsters CC calls diggers being a strong point of the computer players.

On Cataclysm: Noise attracts zombies (already spawned) and makes more spawn soon. Especially gunshots. Remember, zombies move towards noises, can smell where you have been and follow it, and will chase you by sight. In the dark they have trouble pursuing you if you keep moving, and if you have to hold still at any time of day a fire will help mask your scent.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: September 23, 2012, 02:18:24 pm »

I overestimated the guards of my hatamoto; whilst I was locked in combat against two swordsmen in a long corridor, an archer crept on me from behind and shot me in the back. As I tried to dispatch him, a spearman suddenly emerged from a side room and stabbed me to death.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: September 23, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

Just killed a nazi general and his guards with a quick toss of a grenade when a nazi noticed me leaving the alley when he went to check the noise. Suckerpunched him and thought I was in the clear as my suspicion bar slowly drained until his buddy I didn't notice came over, saw the corpse, then blew his whistle. Promptly fell to my death after running and trying to climb up the side of a building that had a freaking horn blocking me from getting to the roof since the only other option was to be shot to death. The Saboteur

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: September 23, 2012, 05:13:59 pm »

I can't remember exactly how, but I'm guessing I copped one of the several hundred bullets flying around the map at any given time. Or maybe I failed at jetpack use. Or maybe I grenaded someone at close range. Or maybe... Ehh. Something.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: September 23, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

couple of fun ones.

Just started the game, me and my buddy climb out of the clone chambers and run to the battlements. We see this dude fuckin' bunny hopping like there was no tomorrow, toting around a briefcase (Usually reserved for capping scientists and an emergency weapon). I start shooting at him with the basic pistol but he jumps around the bullets, he hits me three times with it and I died.

qbranch: HOPE YOUR READY FOR THE HULKMANIA
qbranch: BROTHER

Around five minutes later we had researched a few health/armor buffs and an auto-shotgun. This pretty much made us the top motherfuckers on the block, and I ran through their lobby in an attempt to get to the research lab and cap a scientist. I ran into a couple of dudes, fragged one, and I couldn't fucking hit him. It was the same dude too, after dodgin my flak he fragged me with a briefcase again.

ggamer: Man guns are shit
[IKM] Manonacouch: New motto for S&I: Guns are shit

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: September 23, 2012, 07:57:15 pm »

after a 3000 year war i was finally wiped out

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »

The last time I died....
Tried fighting one particular black knight at one particular place where undead are sent to rot.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »

Wait what, science & industry still exists?!

Man, I loved that mod, I played the HL1 version so much back on WON before steam even came out. I though it (and S&I 2) were pretty much dead and not being developed any more though?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: September 23, 2012, 08:14:30 pm »

It is, but one of my internet friends has a group that get together every sunday on the IKM server and play. It's a fun time.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1575