Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372565 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6630 on: September 09, 2012, 10:41:25 am »

Bailed from my about to explode Sunderer. Unfortunatly the game bailed me out INFRONT of it as it fell down a cliff. It splattered me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: September 09, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »

I killed all of those bosses besides the hydra in one try :P

≖_≖ Not sure if should praise or be insulted...
little bit of both

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »

Started a new game. Squad was doing fairly well, only three casualties in as many missions, with the squad captain holding an impressive kill/mission ratio. We didn't even have laser pistols yet.

Then we got word of a terror attack in South America. The squad loaded into the Skyranger and got there as fast as possible.

It was a massacre. The grey-skinned aliens and their disk-shaped war machines had the Skyranger completely surrounded almost as soon as it had touched down. The HWP took reaction fire from three different directions as soon as it trundled off the ramp, thankfully not taking any serious damage. Most of the rest of the squad followed, 75% of shots missing while three of them, including the captain, were killed. Two aliens died, and the HWP managed to down a cyberdisk, though a civilian got caught in the resultant explosion.

Two soldiers got hit with some sort of stun bomb and fell unconscious. The ranking officer grabbed one of her comrades and dragged him aboard the Skyranger, an act which saved her life. I don't know what exactly happened, whether it was some sort of grenade or rocket launcher, but every other member of the squad, which was taking cover behind a house, perished in a massive explosion. Realizing that the mission was a failure, HQ commanded the HWP to get back on board the transport craft. A lone civilian, possibly the last one alive, watched in silence as his supposed saviors fled from the carnage.

Survivors: Sergeant Yoko and the HWP. The unconscious soldier that Yoko saved apparently died of shock on the trip back.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6633 on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:26 pm »

Left 4 Dead 2, Cold Streams. You know that part where the Tank rolls those giant boulders off the cliff as he comes down? He got all 4 of us with one boulder. Thing just rolled right over us.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

those goblin bastards helped the lunatics with summoning the litch....
i was, with some Nords, barricaded up a "tower" (please note i was a norman assassin, wich dosnt really get along with nords warriors...)
throwing my throwing (derp) daggers at the litch's head (that did fuck all)
my master assassin was downstairs, i kept yelling "are you all right master?"
normally she answered, but not this time...
if SHE is dead, then we're all thats left...
then some damn OP undead get up the cades without taking a scratch of damage... it threw me off the tower and the other fought in vein...

that was the best larp of my life
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: September 09, 2012, 10:41:55 pm »

Got a 2 for 1 here: First I died because a Cyclops turned my skull into dust with a naginata. Second, I was climbing a volcano like a king then fell 19 layers to my death.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:55 am »

Started a new game. Squad was doing fairly well, only three casualties in as many missions, with the squad captain holding an impressive kill/mission ratio. We didn't even have laser pistols yet.

Then we got word of a terror attack in South America. The squad loaded into the Skyranger and got there as fast as possible.

It was a massacre. The grey-skinned aliens and their disk-shaped war machines had the Skyranger completely surrounded almost as soon as it had touched down. The HWP took reaction fire from three different directions as soon as it trundled off the ramp, thankfully not taking any serious damage. Most of the rest of the squad followed, 75% of shots missing while three of them, including the captain, were killed. Two aliens died, and the HWP managed to down a cyberdisk, though a civilian got caught in the resultant explosion.

Two soldiers got hit with some sort of stun bomb and fell unconscious. The ranking officer grabbed one of her comrades and dragged him aboard the Skyranger, an act which saved her life. I don't know what exactly happened, whether it was some sort of grenade or rocket launcher, but every other member of the squad, which was taking cover behind a house, perished in a massive explosion. Realizing that the mission was a failure, HQ commanded the HWP to get back on board the transport craft. A lone civilian, possibly the last one alive, watched in silence as his supposed saviors fled from the carnage.

Survivors: Sergeant Yoko and the HWP. The unconscious soldier that Yoko saved apparently died of shock on the trip back.

It's always a Yoko that does the best whenever I get around to playing.

On topic though, when my syranger dropped down to the remains of the downed large ship, things just started going wrong. All ten soldiers got out and surrounded the entry ramp to our ship, and we immediately lost our leftmost troop. The next turn, we see the killer was a sectoid, and shoot it dead. The next turn, a stun grenade from a launcher went off in the middle of our troops and a cyberdisc comes into view. We are down to 4 troops that handle the enemies outside the enemy ship fairly well, and then we send 2 troops in, leaving the one with the mind reading device and one guard outside. When the troops went in, they shoot one cyberdisk dead, and approach the elevator. Then the troops started pannicking. They dropped their equipment and ran around for a bit, before one of them being mind controlled. The controlled one was no use since it had no weapons due to it dropping it's weapons.I send one of my two competent troops upstairs, and lo and behold, a sectoid leader. we capture it, due to it's tactical use, and then leave. Jump to a day later and my squad entering a terror site, stepping out, and having two men get mind controlled, at which point they start killing everyone. I rage quit right about then.

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: September 10, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »

Well that was... Sad.

"You walk fast and then take a break every once in a while. You start to feel dizzy... The last thing you notice is a lot of people looking at you. It would have been nice to have been able to say good-bye."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: September 10, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »

Let's just say that bears are hard to outrun.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: September 11, 2012, 05:29:41 pm »

fucking random diggle attacked me after i took on a zoo and won with 1 health...

i was healing

motherfucker...

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: September 11, 2012, 05:51:03 pm »

Walked into my clone from a previous timeline, thus shattering reality.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: September 11, 2012, 05:53:18 pm »

Turns out zombies know how to use stairs. And that the glass walls in military bunkers are really hard to break.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »

After evading an entire NC tank collum (must have been a squad of friends, 6 tanks acting in complete unison) by going Dukes Of Hazard in a quad over an embankment, jumping their tanks, I discovered the TR counterattack to the NC assault. Unfortunatly, I was part of neither army, and my Vanu ass was blown up.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6643 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:38 am »

I got cocky with giant bats, I ran out of stamina potions mid fight, was too tired to run away thus I got mauled.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: September 12, 2012, 01:35:16 am »

Has anyone heard of/played a game called Corruption of Champions? Let's just say losing conditions are a double-edged sword.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 1575