Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371323 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6420 on: August 16, 2012, 07:20:07 pm »

That moment when you realise that the guy who literally controls half of your kingdom, and about 60% of your army, has just rebelled... one prvince count who just plotted to get your crown is the HRE emperor's nephew.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:33 pm »

That time that that dastard Karlito decides to poach the brilliant Eggs Benedict for himself.

(I died a little inside.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41:46 pm »

Goddamn zombies. Just got swarmed by dozens of them while I was trying to reload/save my companion.

Last Stand Union City
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: August 17, 2012, 11:06:51 am »

I was spamming Strelsi against German cavarly and War Wagons, and somehow getting the upper hand(odd, since the Strelet is weak against cavarly, which is the Germans specialty), and just as I got to the Imperial Age, the game decided to delete my Town Center. It was gone, just gone. The minimap still showed it there, but there was a patch of empty land that looked like there used to be a building there. No way they could have snuck troops there, either.

The Computer is a Cheating Bastard indeed.

Hyrule: total war
WAT.
Seconded.

Let me google this...

Ah!
Whoa.
Goddamn it. I really want this game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: August 17, 2012, 11:10:03 am »

I accidentally closed my parachute as I fell off a mountain

Just Cause 2
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: August 17, 2012, 02:09:45 pm »

Requested to duel someone a lot more skilled than I.

Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: August 17, 2012, 04:43:07 pm »

Died extremely healthy (???) after having a child, marrying, and living a good, rich, successful life.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »

I was spamming Strelsi against German cavarly and War Wagons, and somehow getting the upper hand(odd, since the Strelet is weak against cavarly, which is the Germans specialty), and just as I got to the Imperial Age, the game decided to delete my Town Center. It was gone, just gone. The minimap still showed it there, but there was a patch of empty land that looked like there used to be a building there. No way they could have snuck troops there, either.

High five for great taste in games.

As for me, I decided to ramp AI difficulty up a notch to see how I measured up and how well I can Serpent rush them still to win the 1v1. Picked Freedom, which is overall not one of the most rush friendly maps - it has plentiful resources, is wide open and bases are rather far from each other. Resources help me too of course, but this means you can't starve people as well as you can on some of the more unorthodox maps.

Anyway, I went for a rather conservative setup, two peasant huts two taverns, trained a bunch of swordsmen, waited until I had 4 or so and raced them across the map. I arrived just in time to see the AI having a Musketeer mount their freshly-erected watchtower overlooking their entire economy, what amounts to eight peasants tending to their rice, some bucketing the water and a few more in training. I inflicted some losses, but not enough to keep the attack going with reinforcements, so I built an Alchemist's Hut to crosstrain a few swordsmen into raiders and went at it again. I did manage to destroy their watchtower, but they did manage to gather an army, wiping my troops pretty soundly.

At this point, I could have fought on certainly, probably even winning, but I wanted to practise rushing and that rush was for all intents and purposes failed. I would have had to catch up on economy hard and turtle, so I resigned the game.

After that game, though, I went for a second one with the same setup, but tightened my timings and went for the attack earlier, with only three swordsmen (plus constant reinforcements). That rush succeeded in striking before they had their watchtower up and manned, crippling their economy and winning in the process. I suspect they could have repelled the rush by zerging my attackers with their peasants, though. At least initially. It should be noted that the AI probably cheated on costs, though.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: August 17, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »

Wrong thread, maybe? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: August 17, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »

So this time I played as Romulans. Me and two other TOS-era warbirds (like in 'Balance of Terror') against an outpost, freighter and several TOS-era Constitutions + outfitted Enterprise in the bunch.

Cool, I say. Outdated ships cannot be a match to our cloaks and plasma torps!

...It was last time I underestimated the quality of quantity when it comes to photon torpedoes - even on outdated cruisers.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: August 17, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

Got stabbed in the gut and insta-killed by a Phantom in ME3
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: August 17, 2012, 09:33:18 pm »

Gotta love undodgeable instakills.
*Hugs*

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: August 18, 2012, 09:54:29 am »

Hah, funny. The fuckin' Russians chewed up my German cavalry (Uhlan Rush, Oorah!) last time I played that.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

Love those strelets. I remember with the right shipments and age-up choices, you could have more than 50 for cheap by the start of the Fortress Age.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: August 18, 2012, 10:32:16 am »

After trying to kill a baron of hell with my hands and monster infighting, I only had about 15 health left. I ran into a room in an attempt to escape the cacodemon, regular demon, and imp that had hurt the baron for me. Eventually, I got cornered by the regular demon. If it bit me, I would die. If I kicked it out of the way, the imp and cacodemon would kill me (they were on an angle so that if I kicked the demon out of the way, I'd still have no place to go to avoid the fireballs). I decided to fire my rocket launcher, killing the demon and I.

Doom with Brutal Doom
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1575