Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369343 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6075 on: July 17, 2012, 01:31:20 am »

Adventuring along, dodging spike traps, about to unlock the next shortcut. Manage an insane jump onto a snake and land right between two spike tiles. Easy. Then, lo and behold, RANDOMARROWTRAPTODAFAESH. God Dammit.

Spelunky
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: July 17, 2012, 06:23:54 am »

G-g-go- curse you Ridge Racer!

I was 1st, and my opponent was just right behind me. As I turned, he shunted me, and got propelled off-the-courseways. After that, I just kept being behind the idiot for a 1 second distance. And I failed the race yet again. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: July 17, 2012, 09:10:32 am »

After making and losing 4 characters I managed to clear out a Megamart and was excited to have it's vast resources at my disposal......only to be ruined when some jackass starts shooting a shotgun just outside of the store and somehow attracts every creep in the game to come eat us.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: July 17, 2012, 09:50:48 am »

Minor Spelunky spoilers (3rd level) enclosed:

If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:33 am »

Jumped between platforms while on fire. Forgot that somehow getting damaged (i.e. by fire) mid-jump makes you fall.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: July 17, 2012, 11:34:46 am »

Special Weapons Blitzwave. Managed to take the whole thing out with an arty strike, although the real damage dealer was one of the Flammenwerfers going up, setting most of the entire wave on fire. Unfortunately, two Panzerfausts got off, one hit a trench on the flank, wounding the gunner there, and another hit dead center of my main mortar pit, gibbing my signaller, taking out the cam net, and hurting the hell out of everyone else. Next wave, more special weapons, and another direct Panzerfaust hit, wrecking everyone, while the survivors get ripped apart by German artillery.

V1 Blitzwave. Seriously.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: July 17, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

Just riding my horse and taking in the view, rifle drawn to shoot any wolf that attempts to get close when I notice a fox scurrying across the road. I shoot it and as I go over to skin it, I hear the roar of a cougar.  My horse collapses beneath me and I quickly scramble to get up. Taking a few pot shots as it circled me. It began to flee but I finished it off before it got to far. I walk over to skin it, and as I finish I hear another cougar roar. I quickly do a 180, gun drawn and ready as I fire at it, only for it to side step then knock me off a cliff. Red Dead Redemption. -Edit- Was riding around the trail when once again my horse got cougard. The blasted thing ended up taking off after another guy that was riding down the path before I could get revenge for my horse. Deciding to use a lil bait on the road to get that sucker back, I waited in the bushes with my rifle drawn as I spotted it checking out the bait. I was preparing to take the shot when I heard a roar behind me as I got mauled to death.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:20:22 pm by Dirg »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: July 17, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »

Hate to be that guy But could you use formatting and whatnot? I had to search for the game name in that wall of text.

Now for my entry.
Playing as the Tycoons, just happily working my way up the food chain, starting to get my society to the top teirs of civilization. Unfortunatly I had forgotten that resources are finite, and my main island ran out of coal. While desparatly shipping coal from a secondary island in the hopes of getting it going long enough to get a hastily build Nuclear Power chain going, my eco balance dropped from 0 to a staggering -700. This triggered a tornado to come, and by chance it ripped right through the populated sectors of my island, completely trashing everything and leaving me in a spiral of bankruptcy.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »

Ah sorry, keep forgetting just because something appears a line down on my phones small screen doesn't mean it will appear the same when I post.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: July 17, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »

Foolishly decided to attack bonus dungeon bosses. 3 fake players came out, and exploded me.

Dungeon Fighter
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6085 on: July 18, 2012, 06:43:57 am »

XCOM: Apocalypse.

Was doing a routine raid on the Cult of Sirius to get some loot to sell. Now, let me break this down for you. You know how the CoS starts using rocket launchers after the first couple of raids you do on them? You know how they can easily kill your dudes in one hit? You know dropped grenades can be detonated by nearby explosions?

Going through the mission, had most of my dudes bunched up in a firing line, when suddenly INCOMING ROCKET FFFUUUUUU--. First rocket kills one of my dudes, and of course i always outfit my dudes with AT LEAST 4 AP grenades and 4 stun grenades each, because screw with using Stun Grapples for anything other than a rear guard. A second rocket comes in and detonates all those dropped grenades, killing another couple of my dudes with the explosions and knocking the rest unconscious due to the stun grenades detonating. My remaining couple of dudes were surrounded on all sides, and suffice it to say things went fuck-shaped pretty quick.

Gotta love XCOM.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: July 18, 2012, 06:50:05 am »

Damn you red spikes... damn you to arizona.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:28:32 am by Aptus »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: July 18, 2012, 06:57:36 am »

My stolen SWAT van blew up with me in it. Fucking vigilante missions.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:34 am »

Not really a death but, here is a list of causualties in my Soul Silver Nuzlocke
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:46 am »

Dwarf adventurer, latest version of DF. Attacking a bandit camp, going up a hill. On top of the hill is a swordsman, who spots me and charges. I dodge, and fall off the hill, stunning myself.
I was immediately surrounded by half a dozen bandits, who proceeded to attack me viciously. I crippled one and heavily wounded a couple others before I died. Made me feel kinda cool.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1574