Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369203 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6045 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

Was fighting my way through the Swamp:5 vault, I had a random berserk mutation but was too stingy to go buy the cure for 1000 gold, turned a corner and came face to face with two hydras.  I switched to my shitty flaming scimitar because Trog hadn't gifted me a flaming axe yet, used a scroll of fear to separate them, and engaged the first.  Killed it pretty easily but took some damage, halfway through killing the second one I randomly berserked and a tentacled monstrosity came wandering in.  With water behind me I knew this was going to end badly.  I kill the hydra, it grabs me, I can't do anything because my weapon sucks and berserk makes nearly all actions except moving and attacking impossible, and I can't move because I'm being constricted.  My only option is to slash it and pray the berserk ends before I die.

It does not.
Shoes...

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6046 on: July 14, 2012, 03:58:54 am »

Was fighting my way through the Swamp:5 vault, I had a random berserk mutation but was too stingy to go buy the cure for 1000 gold, turned a corner and came face to face with two hydras.  I switched to my shitty flaming scimitar because Trog hadn't gifted me a flaming axe yet, used a scroll of fear to separate them, and engaged the first.  Killed it pretty easily but took some damage, halfway through killing the second one I randomly berserked and a tentacled monstrosity came wandering in.  With water behind me I knew this was going to end badly.  I kill the hydra, it grabs me, I can't do anything because my weapon sucks and berserk makes nearly all actions except moving and attacking impossible, and I can't move because I'm being constricted.  My only option is to slash it and pray the berserk ends before I die.

It does not.

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Seriously guys, just spoiler it or something.
(Repeat offenders shall be called names.)
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: July 14, 2012, 04:35:20 am »

Endless space:
i don't get it.
I min maxed my faction and tech - expanded insanely at the beginning to get the highest research, and the enemies are still bigger and have better tech. They then decide to all declare war on me and steamroll me into the ground.
it's as if they ally against me.

Mayby its CPU rubberbanding?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: July 14, 2012, 04:39:03 am »

Maybe it's just the computer being a cheating bastard.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: July 14, 2012, 04:43:53 am »

Maybe it's just the computer being a cheating bastard.

FTFY

Aagh, i distracted myself with my own tvtropes links D:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:58:20 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: July 14, 2012, 05:22:56 am »

Prayed to the gods to become a monkey, and then I got killed by killer tomatoes. Then later in the same round I agreed to become part of an 8-10 (can't remember) man nuke team, and after the round ended (I was on the escape shuttle with another agent) my buddy shot me to death before committing suicide.

Space Station 13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: July 14, 2012, 07:03:59 am »

A kobold got lucky with a critical hit sling bullet to the head while I was low on hit points.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:11 am »

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS CHARGING THOSE 4 GERMAN FIRETEAMS HOLED UP IN THAT BUILDING WHICH IS SHOOTING MORTARS AT YOU?!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:32 pm »

shot to death in a car park dam FBI goons

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: July 14, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »

Started charging gate to close it when a couple of vorchas and a krogan pop up and began blasting my shields away. Ran over to cover as my health took a hit, figured it was just them. Got killed by a varren ankle biter that was to low for my camera to pick up until the death cam. Take 2, same thing. Take 3 "Not getting me this time you little" shot in back by vorcha. Take 4 varren low on health, Jacob should easily kill, better to deal with the krogan thats almost in my face then hit him with biotics, fall over dead from the varren Jacob was ignoring even though I told him to target it. Mass Effect 2.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: July 14, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

I don't know why he would die there, though. By the time you get eight flasks of oil, you should be high enough level to kill most any undead you come across.
The super-duper One-Pawn-Challenge8)
What's more, neither of us are mages. Needless to say, things can get... gritty.
Oh you poor, poor soul. I weep for the eardrums of anyone who lives near you.

EDIT:
Relevance:
Running around, trying to find Phantom in Cherno, while being chased by maybe 10 zombies. In the middle of the night. Then some bandits started shooting, and I ran the other way, but they followed and filled my back with bullets.

DayZ.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:24:36 pm by NewsMuffin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: July 14, 2012, 04:56:46 pm »

1. Got killed because crewmembers got stuck in a door corner.
2. Got killed because crewmembers stood behind cover shield doing nothing.
3. Got killed because none of crewmembers were responding for my call for help.
4. Got killed because crewmembers are firing slower than any and all enemies.
5. Ragequitted.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: July 14, 2012, 07:01:22 pm »

I was playing a game of Wingman with my friend on my team, the other 6 players were all bots. We charged a Kantus taking cover against a low wall, my friend had a Lancer and I had a Retro Lancer out. I made it there a few feet ahead of my friend, then the Kantus flips over the wall and slams his foot into my face. Then he chainsawed me and got chainsawed by my friend. It didn't quite occur to me that the Kantus would have a Lancer too.

Gears of War 3.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: July 14, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »

Got bashed in the head by a flying polyp as I hit the up arrow TO SHOOT THE DAMN THING WITH MY SHOTGUN after I hit F to fire both barrels into it. Game said I melee'd it, and I hit 'F'. I think it's bugging out on me or something.

Elim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: July 14, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »

My forces were marching on a road near two fields towards a small town. Followed by 3 Panzerjäger 1.
An ambush followed, the Russian 76mm gun blew up one of my tanks, then damaged the second one. The crew bailed out.
Russian soldiers began shooting at my troops from behind fortified positions. Accompanied by at least one Maxim.
The 76mm gun attacked my soldiers, that thing was pretty brutal under 400 meters, one squad after another panicked. Meanwhile my last Panzerjäger had a little duel with another AT gun, he lost.
The next turn a couple of T-34 and Kv-1 attacked from the south, my troops had no chance without the 3 Panzerjäger.

Campaign lost.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:59:16 pm by Elim »
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1574