Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369526 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5685 on: May 18, 2012, 04:57:52 pm »

Going through a hallway, head through a couple doors on the side that take me to a little room with some kinda control panel, and... 173 in an adjacent room, presumably some kind of containment pen that he made his way into. There's windows and a closed door between the two rooms, and i blink a couple times to make sure he can't do anything, so once i see there's nothing of use in the room, i turn around to start heading out.

Cue sound of the window smashing. Cue CRUNCH.

Damn you.

SCP: Containment Breach.
Wooooooooah, there's a game about SCP?
Here ya go.

Edit: Oops :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:20:22 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: May 19, 2012, 11:38:00 am »

What the hell man?! Why is my army of swordsmen, spearmen, and archers(3 squads each) getting completely run over by PEASANTS?! I mean, each one easily costs SIX times a peasant squad, not counting food, so you'd think they'd do more hurt. You can't even send your Marshal's squad(supposedly the best unit in the game) against one peasant squad, he won't survive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: May 19, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »

What the hell man?! Why is my army of swordsmen, spearmen, and archers(3 squads each) getting completely run over by PEASANTS?! I mean, each one easily costs SIX times a peasant squad, not counting food, so you'd think they'd do more hurt. You can't even send your Marshal's squad(supposedly the best unit in the game) against one peasant squad, he won't survive.

Spoiler: Friendly Advice (click to show/hide)

If you have already solved your peasant problems, then just ignore my friendly advice. And share said solution with me, since I never really fought too many battles in Knights of Honour, due to the overpowered peasants.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: May 22, 2012, 12:09:39 pm »

I blinked.

Another game, against opponents who perfom moves that are apparently impossible for me, a referee making blatantly bad calls, and OWCRAPMYGODDAMNEDTHUMBHURTS!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:04 am »

Trollish Beastfighter, with whom I had a pretty good run, until I try if I still retain the unarmed to-hit and damage bonii if I wear a shield (Protip, you don't). Furthermore the shield I tried this with happened to be cursed, so I made a rush for Dwarftown. I got swarmed pretty well at one point, but managed to survive until I stumbled upon a chaotic altar, with a small horde of various creatures coming at me. I proceed to sacrifice them all, resulting into a pleased god, then uncurse the shield. Then I remember the bottles of water in my inventory, and naturally decide they're more useful if they're holy. So I step on the altar and drop a few bottles.

Unfortunately I forgot to close the door, so yeah.

ADOM.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: May 23, 2012, 11:32:31 am »

I died laughing at my brother's "What is this I don't even" reaction to the ending of Mass Effect 3. :P

More on-topic, I forgot how crappy the Mako's shields are/how accurate Geth Armatures are in Mass Effect 1 and got sniped on Therum while trying to repair the damn thing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: May 23, 2012, 12:01:38 pm »

I summoned a lesser horror to clear out a mine that I had my eyes on.  Said horror did indeed clean out the mine, and was even nice enough to move off the mine so that I could capture it.  Unfortunately, it moved out of the mine and into my only stronghold, killing my faction.  Oops.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5692 on: May 23, 2012, 12:33:54 pm »

I was playing single player diablo 3, and I got a lag spike. Fuck you blizzard.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: May 23, 2012, 02:24:43 pm »

While exploring far underground, hunting desperately for a hook while dealing with an increasingly crowded inventory, I got knocked off an edge. I wasted my double-jump trying to get back, and splattered on impact. Lost 3 gold coins to that mess :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:58 pm »

After a mediocre(to me, but I like surviving) online kill-streak of 46 kills I had multiple faster-than-me MiG-3s and at least 2 maneuverable I-16s bounce me in my trusty 109 at very low altitude. I couldnt help it, as I had had no time or space to egress and energy after the take off, and the field air defense unit was inadequate for the job and this didnt happen right over it any way. In addition to this my wingman, whom I should have never, again, trusted had another brainfart and decided to be completely useless and not even report what he was doing, or where he was.

It wasnt the number of foes, it wasnt their lack of skill or co-operation. It was the I-16 that purposefully collided with me from the behind and side after failing to hit me with its guns, right after I had just won another MiG-3 in scissors and forced it to pull up or fly in front of my guns. Sometimes even real players just want to die, even if it means half an hour or more before they get into action again.. Bah.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: May 26, 2012, 05:39:19 am »

Chen is a freaking truck with nitrous.

Labyrinth of Touhou.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: May 26, 2012, 06:03:52 am »

Playing pyro, i ambushed a diffrent pyro that was busy killing somebody else. Only halfway in my jump i noticed the dreaded tooth on his flamethrower...
I hate backburners >.<

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: May 26, 2012, 06:20:29 am »

Shanoa stings like a rampaging rhinoceros, but is so vulnerable like paper to a fire with the death ring.

You can guess how it went.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: May 26, 2012, 06:31:17 am »

Chen is a freaking truck with nitrous.

Labyrinth of Touhou.

Haha, I'll wait for what you'll say about every other boss in this game.
Shame it crashes on me now for whatever reason when playing the translated version.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: May 26, 2012, 06:46:36 am »

Cut down a tree that I'd evidently thrown a knife at earlier, cue the knife falling down and hitting me in the head, striking me down instantly.

Minecraft.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1574