Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369612 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5670 on: May 15, 2012, 10:58:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This wouldn't happen to be that touhou game that's Castlevania style, would it?
It's not. I think this game was made long before that.
Anyways, here's the game. I've had problems on Vista with it, though. Occasionally it seems the sound engine causes a memory leak or something.

Oh, and in actual death, stepped on by a Daedric Prince. Probably should have shot him in the knee with an arrow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:50 am »

Note to self: After partying with foocubi, remember to wear your safety gloves after every single encounter.

Failing to do that might lead you stare at your screen, mouth agape with disbelief that you just touched a rubber chicken's corpse without proper chemical hazard gear.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: May 15, 2012, 11:14:03 am »

Game, but not video game. Posting it here anyways.

Charged in with spear and sword (preferred combo absent shield) versus opponent with greatsword. Managed to lock him with a spear plant and a twist, swung for the throat, but he suprised my by rolling onto his back - pulling me with him, because of the locked weapon, until I was held against his knees.

He then proceeded to grab the crossguard of my sword and hit me three times in the face before I could react while making sounds akin to "woobly woobly woobly".

*DEAD*

I killed him more than he killed me total, but he definitely knows how to make defeat a lot more humiliating.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:21 pm »

while making sounds akin to "woobly woobly woobly".
This right here has had me giggling ALL DAY whenever I thought of it.
You know amazing people.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: May 15, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

Taking the airport at Drassen, in daytime for some reason.  Cleared off the north end of the map, got in position to attack the gate guards, then my IMP guy got shot in the head from behind for an appropriate -86 damage.  I guess they had units to the north that they called in reinforcements from.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: May 15, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »

After utterly demolishing a fourth-level monster zoo with high-end pyromancy and a three-pronged sword, getting killed by a couple of giant eels was a more than a little embarrassing. So long Brow, you magnificent bastard you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »

I got a little too ambitious and tried taking on a Charon Pirate Stronghold. It did not end too well, as I ran out of missiles and after my shields went down got destroyed by a definite hull breach.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: May 15, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »

I lost in a sword fight with a Sniper in TF2

I was a Demoman using the Eyelander, and he snuck up behind me and got 1 hit with the one blade that causes bleeding, I hit him and almost got him dead, but I bled to death right before I could finish him off T.T
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: May 15, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »

I lost in a sword fight with a Sniper in TF2

I was a Demoman using the Eyelander, and he snuck up behind me and got 1 hit with the one blade that causes bleeding, I hit him and almost got him dead, but I bled to death right before I could finish him off T.T
Gotta love the tribalman's shiv.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: May 15, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »

Building a massive cobblestone lighthouse, when suddenly DARK. As mobs start to spawn I dash to the top of the half-finished construction, lucky-drop enchanted bow in hand. With nay 33 arrows, I did snipe many skeletons, who lived no more. When I saw the way was clear, I dashed down, but a trip and fall sent me tumbling to a half-heart of health. I decide to go for it, ready to face any respawned skeletons outdoors.

I forgot the bottom of the lighthouse was roofed over and dark enough for mob spawns. A skeleton lurked, aimed in the black, and fired.

My screen turned red.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:47 am »

Charged in with spear and sword (preferred combo absent shield) versus opponent with greatsword. Managed to lock him with a spear plant and a twist, swung for the throat, but he suprised my by rolling onto his back - pulling me with him, because of the locked weapon, until I was held against his knees.

He then proceeded to grab the crossguard of my sword and hit me three times in the face before I could react while making sounds akin to "woobly woobly woobly".

*DEAD*

I killed him more than he killed me total, but he definitely knows how to make defeat a lot more humiliating.

Um...I'm not sure what this is.  It sounds cool.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:34 am »

*DEAD*

Um...I'm not sure what this is.  It sounds cool.
Never done it before, but it sounds a bit like LARPing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5682 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:56 pm »

Going through a hallway, head through a couple doors on the side that take me to a little room with some kinda control panel, and... 173 in an adjacent room, presumably some kind of containment pen that he made his way into. There's windows and a closed door between the two rooms, and i blink a couple times to make sure he can't do anything, so once i see there's nothing of use in the room, i turn around to start heading out.

Cue sound of the window smashing. Cue CRUNCH.

Damn you.

SCP: Containment Breach.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: May 18, 2012, 02:09:07 am »

Enclave Power Armor. Trail Carbine with scope.

Deathclaw Alpha Male spots me. My equipment is obsolete.

Fallout: New Vegas

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: May 18, 2012, 04:49:34 pm »

Going through a hallway, head through a couple doors on the side that take me to a little room with some kinda control panel, and... 173 in an adjacent room, presumably some kind of containment pen that he made his way into. There's windows and a closed door between the two rooms, and i blink a couple times to make sure he can't do anything, so once i see there's nothing of use in the room, i turn around to start heading out.

Cue sound of the window smashing. Cue CRUNCH.

Damn you.

SCP: Containment Breach.
Wooooooooah, there's a game about SCP?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1574