Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370660 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5475 on: April 18, 2012, 04:46:45 pm »

Met an old man lately.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:49:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: April 18, 2012, 07:46:14 pm »

No citizen, DON"T RUN INTO THE YHWV-DAMN TAMER COPS YHWV DAMMIT!
Devil Survivor 1
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: April 19, 2012, 12:02:50 am »

Killed off a bunch of monsters with only a few health points left, then having new ones spawn and not enough swords to link them to.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:31 am »

Dafred fires the rocket-propelled chainsaw at the Dropship!
The spinning projectile strikes the Dropship in the right lower hatch, destroying it completely!
The main body of the Dropship explodes, pieces scattering everywhere!
The right engine flies off in an arc!
The spinning right engine strikes Dafred in the head, bruising the muscle and smashing the skull through the brain!
It is crushed into the body, an unrecognizable mess!
Dafred is hurled away by the force of the impact!
Dafred has been struck down...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:17 am »

Bam, murdered by High Energy Pellet.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: April 19, 2012, 11:11:15 am »

Yes, we got a stable orbit, now tilt and super-thrust toward Mun!

Yes yes, we're going to do it, we gonna do it ah fuck we missed the Mun... wait... what's with the prolongated trajec-

Fuk u mun!

Spoiler: Fuuuuuk uuuuuuuu... (click to show/hide)

Well, but now we know what's with the mysterious ninth/tenth planet ;D

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: April 21, 2012, 03:54:26 am »

Just had an insanely epic round of Space station 13 (where I, of course, died) and I can't help but share it here.

The round started off pretty normally. I signed up as a scientist and started doing scientist things, like cracking the experimental teleporter and prepping the toxins lab for bomb-making. So far there's nothing to indicate that anything out of the ordinary is going to happen.

After setting up my future bombs I wander back to telescience where someone else has taken over. He asks me if I want to partner up with him and I agree. After some scanning he quickly finds an area with an atmosphere to teleport to and sends me through. The place looks familiar, like a station infested with martians I had once discovered. I begin to wander around when a nearby toolbox suddenly reveals a set of teeth and charges at me, a mimic! The mimic floors me, and other abominations begin to shamble into view, eager to get a taste of my flesh. I barely manage to crawl over to the spot I teleported in at while being eaten alive. I yell to my partner to get me out of there. A blue vortex surrounds me and I'm back in the teleporter room, which is strangely dark. All of the lights in the station had apparently exploded simultaneously while I was gone. Some ominous music starts playing, which makes me worried. After telling my comrade what happened he wants to go there himself. I try to talk him out of it but that only feeds his curiosity. I reluctantly agree, on the condition that he stay still and I immediately teleport him back. Without lights I can't see the teleporter pad, which is a slight problem. After sending my partner through I wait a few seconds and try to bring him back. I ask him if he made it, no response. I check the telepad but there's nothing there. After a few seconds my partner yells through the radio to lock onto his GPS coordinates and bring him back. I try, but he's moving and I can't get him. A few moments pass and there's nothing more from the radio. I finally manage to lock onto his GPS and engage the teleporter. I check the telepad, hoping to find my comrade, or at least his body. Sitting on the pad is a pile of bloody gibs, all that remains of my partner in science. Not wanting his passing to go unmourned, I scoop his remains into a beaker and try to find the chaplain so he can perform a funeral. The chaplain is nowhere to be found, so I cast the beaker into space through a broken window.

By now, news is spreading that the AI and cyborgs have gone rogue. I had ignored this in favour of sending off my friend, but now it is time for action. A few of the resistance leaders are meeting in EVA when I walk past. I tell them I will provide bombs if they are needed to destroy the AI. On my way back to the research sector I find an abandoned first-aid kit and take a few burn patches to heal myself should I come across any shocked doors. When I get back to research I quickly secure it by cutting every camera I can find and welding the mixing chamber (which is now home to a blazing fire) doors shut. In my caution, I make the fatal mistake of not checking for a camera in the artifact lab because I do not want to touch its possibly shocked door. The artifact lab is right next to toxins, where I am making bombs, providing the AI with sight and control over my only exit. Ignorant of my mistake, I manage to put together three bombs before I walk over to the door and am greeted by a not unexpected but absolutely unwelcome shock. The shock alone nearly kills me, and leaves me helpless on the floor for far too long. The nearby bombs haven't quite settled yet, an set the air around them on fire. I am just a short grasp away from the patches that will save me, but I cannot do it. I tell the crew that I have built three bombs, and that my final wish is for them to be used to destroy the murderous AI, then burn to death.

Eventually a team of engineers make their way to my corpse and manage to recover the bombs, taking them to the captain who is preparing for a heroic last strike on the AI's remote satellite. The captain and a few others find their way to the AI's satellite through space. The captain enters alone while the others hold back. Inside the first airlock, blocking the way to the AI's core is a glowing orange being composed of pure energy. The guardian shoots jets of fire from its hands, quickly engulfing the captain. Fighting against the raging inferno, the captain charges the creature, one of my bombs firmly in her hand. She opens the valve on the bomb and is consumed by a massive explosion. The server freezes up for several minutes, despite normally handling such explosions with only a bit of lag. Once time is no longer at a stand-still the captain is dead, and there is a gaping hole covering a large portion of the satellite. There, on the very edge of the hole, is the AI core, having survived the blast completely intact.

Gazing out with glowing, hate filled eyes the AI laughed at the humans, having survived their pitiful attempt at destroying it. The captain's backup charged in but was quickly brought down by laser fire from the AI's one surviving turret. All hope seemed lost.

Then a guy in a horse mask flew in and beat it to death with a fire extinguisher.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: April 21, 2012, 11:34:51 am »

Not a death, but major financial loss. Someone broke in, and tried to steal our TV. One of the girls in the house, who ironically was a heavy sleeper, heard it, woke up, and beat the epic shit out of the burglar. He ran off, but our TV was nowhere to be found. I spent most of the house's limited funds buying a replacement. Turns out, the TV was in the house inventory. Thanks a whole hell of a lot for giving me every indication of that, game.

The girl who beat up the crook now has a desire to mock the guy. I have a desire to get him back on the lot, and build walls around him until he starves to death.

This time, actual death. Encountered the Portugese early on. They declared war, and the Queen, who had been jacking up taxes for the longest time, offered me veteran troops for most of my money. But before I could bring them over, they somehow got ahold of a veteran Dragoon who, in about three turns captured both my colonies and an Indentured Servant soldier, my only available defense. Bastard. At least the guy smashed up their artillery a bit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: April 21, 2012, 12:42:41 pm »

I blinked.

SCP: Containment Breach
*Hugs*

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: April 21, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »

So after long battle, my federation starship and battlestation barely survived the onslaught of romulans. At the end of hte skirmish, ironically, only the smallest of romulan ships left. With it's plasma torpedo launchers being inoperable, I decided to finish it off alone, as it poses barely any threat now.

Just as I'm preparing to fire torpedoes on it...

"CONTAINMENT FIELD BREACH DETECTED! PERFORMING EMERGENCY WARP CORE EJECTION!"

Fuck you game, it's third time in a ro-*BOOM*

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: April 21, 2012, 04:26:35 pm »

Fighting a Geth Collossus on Haestrom with Garrus and Zaeed, and accidentally charged the godforsaken tank. Tried to back out by having garrus overload it, but unfortunatley it didn't work and I got brutalized.

(Mass Effect 2)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:07:26 am by ggamer »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: April 21, 2012, 04:51:07 pm »

Poison + Sigmund = YASD

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:55:16 pm by Azthor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: April 21, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Seriously guys, just spoiler it or something.
(Repeat offenders shall be called names.)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: April 21, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »

I hope you notice you are supposed to give the users at least a few minutes of leeway for post-editing before butting in. In this case, I was checking wheter it was Lindley's Dungeon Crawl or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup; thank you very much for your unwarranted quote.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: April 21, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

He could have also been responding to the one before your post.

Oh, and why should he give users at least a few minutes of leeway to edit? It's not like writing a post is in realtime, so you shouldn't need to edit at all.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 1575