Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372659 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5145 on: March 09, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »

I was TPK'd by a carrot with a sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: March 09, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

Hunted down by a creature with a flashlight with very fleshy sounding footsteps.

Little did I know, hiding was futile.  I was promptly mauled to death.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »

Being too greedy without saving is bad. I spent an hour and thirty minutes amassing a bunch of scrapped an abandoned ships from a warzone, only to get tackled head-on (literally) by a ship much much bigger than mine.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:48 pm »

To: NATO Air Branch.
RE: Putting me at the controls of an A10 Thunderbolt without any training or practice, and having me try to do a 180° while taxiing on the runway without going so fast to smash into my formation who was also doing the same thing(infinitely much better than I was), and then take off.

Message: Thanks a fucking lot. After several attempts, and presumably several million dollars of smashed, and after a while, shot-to-pieces-in-a-severe-rage, aircraft, I managed to do it, somewhat. I simply took off in the opposite direction(without the 180°) and tried to catch up with my formation leader. Then after the run, my plane severed a major failure in the fuel line, forcing me to bail out, and subsequently be captured by the Soviets. That my formation had just bombed the hell out of.

In another game: Glitching under a skyscraper-sized tooth. Then being crushed under said tooth whilst it was chewing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:30 pm »

Playing a game I never heard of before, but a friend highly recommended it, and found me a deal where I could get it for $5.

I'm jumping over some platforms to reach some tower or another and miss and fall.  Fortunately thre does not appear to be fall damage.  Unfortunately the  or 7 so level 8 skeletons down there were happy to make up for it.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: March 10, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

That game is such a douche, one minute you can one shot everything without even trying, then you go to the next area and you need to kite everything for half an hour to make it dead.

* The Merchant Of Menace wanders off to start playing
*Hugs*

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »

I'm running around an airport, gunning down gang members and hunting for an assassination target. ("Steal a luggage cart", they said. Okay, I'm on the runway... now where the heck do they keep the luggage carts?!")

I finally hunt down my target, and decide that, since I'm at the airport, I may as well make a dramatic escape by plane. But not just any plane; I saw a sweet-looking jet fighter, just waiting to be stolen.

So I hop in the jet, taxi over to the runway, and prepare to take off.

My annoyingly-long wingspan clips a nearby building at low speed, causing the plane to instantly detonate and kill me.  >:(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: March 10, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »

So apparently if you freeze a reptilicus hunter with an ice missile right as it starts jumping, it'll fly through the air at a constant velocity until it unfreezes. Unfortunately, it will also ignore walls and such. I didn't realize it was going to clip through the wall and become unhittable until it did, so I became unable to progress (because I needed to kill all of them to advance). Ragequit whilst laughing.

Metroid Prime Corruption.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: March 10, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »

A wizard switched bodies with me. Then later he tries to kill me, I hit him with a crowbar and run, then when I was near genetics a detective helped me fight off my old body, I managed to grab the wizard's gun and fire a few shots off. The last thing the wizard did before falling into unconsciousness was switch our bodies back. Then they just let me die (because they thought I was the wizard).

SS13

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »

So, my master double crosses me and takes posession of a book which I had put my neck on the line in getting. This leads to your run of the mill necromancer fight, with me being outgunned and outnumbered by my old master. Through skill and daring the apprentice schools the master by dividing his forces into a fast skirmishing group and a heavy line holding group, outflanks him, using a river as a handy natural barrier. I take possession of the book from his cold dead hands, which holds the very secrets to immortality, and head back to the saftey of my keep. Alas, two enemies arrive while I am vulnerable and out in the open - the mounted forces of a city recently razed by my undead armies, and a force led by my estranged sister, seeking to put me out of my dark knowledge induced misery and also vengange for my killing of my home towns guard captain by forces under my command. I dont get very far before the remnants of my forces are cut down and I too am run down like the dog that I am.

This is a blank sig.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: March 10, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »

No one saw the Wizard that was hiding in the grate.

And then it Magic Missile'd and IceeBeeEmm'd everyone.

SS13

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: March 10, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »

Archery is my game.

But my death is held in shame.

In combat I shot a knight, he pulled out a bomb in fright.

And blasted himself up, into my name.

. . .

I got squashed by a flying knight, not by his sword or such, but by his bulk. Pushed off the parapet of my team's wonderful tower. Oh the glory of bomb jumping.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5157 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:55 pm »

[ALT] [OPEN_SPACE:NW] [ENTER]

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: March 10, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »

[ALT] [OPEN_SPACE:NW] [ENTER]

You are a genius, Whispers.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #5159 on: March 10, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »

A wizard switched bodies with me. Then later he tries to kill me, I hit him with a crowbar and run, then when I was near genetics a detective helped me fight off my old body, I managed to grab the wizard's gun and fire a few shots off. The last thing the wizard did before falling into unconsciousness was switch our bodies back. Then they just let me die (because they thought I was the wizard).

SS13

That was me!

I thought you were someone else. I did a lot of swapping.

Lasers!

Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1575