Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372743 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5115 on: March 07, 2012, 10:56:13 am »

A few months ago when I last played I still enjoyed shenanigans like building a emitter/generator out in space and then blowing the walls out while opening fire (solar panels ftw), faking my own death several times (DNA syringes ftw), rerouting the garbage disposal system to deliver weapons and move as I wish (fun: jump down a disposal pipe, knowing they will follow you as soon as the cooldown is off. Then fix a pipe up so it loops them endlessly or into space). Or make Pills, inject them with more chemicals until a single pill is so strong it will bring you back from death several times as long as your body is not destroyed (400 units of life in your veins ftw). Abuse spacelube and teleporters to start a habitat of unwilling test subjects in the bomb test area (I normally place some beds/tables/chairs/air/heaters there first). Knock someone out and turn them into you (again, dna ftw) and turn yourself into them (think I got someone banned like this, whops). Backpack on money with bombs is fun, too...

Meh

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:44 am »

Low-on-Health Me, next to barrel, next to imp.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: March 07, 2012, 01:23:23 pm »

Died several times from enemy kill-cams because apparently enemy two-handed power attack that might kill me but is slow as hell>my quick attack which might kill them or at least stagger them which will hit first and is fast. Same with dodging.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »

I should really look into SS13 one of these days.

*opens new tab for TvTropes*

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

"That is one heavily-armored alien! Say, Private Suney, do you have some grenades left? Any chance you could blow up that alien?"
"Yes, sir, I'd say I have about 87% chance to throw my grenade in exactly the right spot."
"Do it."

*click*
*throw*
*pock*
*BOOM*

Private Suney delivered 102 critical damage to Sergeant Norman
Sergeant Norman has died!

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: March 07, 2012, 03:04:23 pm »

Eat combat shotgun, demon!
Oh crap I hit a barrel didn't I?
*BOOM*

DoomRL.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

Tell me if you decide to play. We could take over the whole station with our teamwork!

*megalomaniacal cackle*

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: March 08, 2012, 01:43:32 pm »

You play SS13? Baysquad! deploy..

Ontopic:Died to lava, horrendous death really. - Terraria
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:01 pm »

Tell me if you decide to play. We could take over the whole station with our teamwork!

*megalomaniacal cackle*
Good thing that the mandatory RPing doesn't also cover making a backstory.

Oh, and got killed by a Kobold (or goblin? I forgot) warrior in Elona. Stupid wells and their random-ass effects :V

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: March 08, 2012, 01:58:41 pm »

*megalomaniacal cackle*
Assuming you'd be willing to do it on a Goonstation server, count me in. Maybe I should start a topic wherein we seek fellow conspirators?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

LIBERTY PRIME I'LL SAVE YOU

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5126 on: March 08, 2012, 03:45:08 pm »

Charge in to kill the only remaining enemy. Check. Enter the bullet time mode. Check. Shoot like crazy. Check. All enemies dead. Check.

What's the whistling sound? MISSSSSIIIILLLEEEE!!! boom.

This one guy with missile launcher had been hiding behind me.

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: March 08, 2012, 04:12:03 pm »

Was blasting orcs left and right with my awesome earth magic. Was enjoying my new spell that allowed me to turn any idle statue or a bit of wall into a frag grenade. Much fun was had. Then an orc knight stepped up. I blew my best spell to his face. Then I did it again. Then I cast a lesser spell. Then I zapped my fire wand. He was at 50% health and I at 0 mana.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »

focking bears, man, bears!

Wurm

Good lord I just had horrible flashbacks.  I was the 'swordsdwarf/mayor' for one of the ancient DF Wurm settlements back in the day.  With 40some fighting and two handed sword skill and a 70 something QL enchanted greatsword and full platemail and I still tried to avoid those guys.  Just took too many of those healing salves and bandages to recover from a scrap with one.  And the neighboring village had a walled bear spawner that they were too lazy to maintain.  Cue the thing breaking open like an egg in an anti drugs commercial one day all over our only partially walled settlement.

If I recall we pretty much just stayed indoors/logged off for a day or so for them to disperse enough for us (as in me tanking, others getting first aid prepped mid combat) to kill the stragglers.  Our first aid stocks never quite recovered.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: March 08, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »

Damnit, all these things sound cool. Not I feel like looking at that Wurm thing or SS13.

My deaths are boring. I tried a magic build in Dredmor and burned myself to death when I found out the range of a fire rune.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1575