Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374554 times)

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4155 on: November 17, 2011, 01:26:26 pm »

Came upon a boomer followed by a few stragglers. Wasted a .22 LR mag on the fat guy to no avail. Said fuck it and prepped my SKS, I didn't get to to finish a clip before I was flanked by a mini horde. I tried to leg it but was completely overwhelmed.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: November 17, 2011, 01:27:40 pm »

Came upon a boomer followed by a few stragglers. Wasted a .22 LR mag on the fat guy to no avail. Said fuck it and prepped my SKS, I didn't get to to finish a clip before I was flanked by a mini horde. I tried to leg it but was completely overwhelmed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: November 17, 2011, 03:18:57 pm »

So, I've got a pretty substantial group of people being trained in combat.  Nobody is armed, and there are no weapons in the building.  After 15 years of people prostituting out of the Downtown apartments, the police show up, and I have my people give up, even though they could probably beat the police to death with their bare hands at this point, as I have manipulated the legal system so powerfully that no charge will stick, and I've got half a million dollars for legal bills.  Well, the police murder everybody in the apartment, which includes everyone on my active team.  I lose contact with my massive network of sleeper agents and game over.

NICE. Love me some LCS.

Your one mistake was to have leaders together, or have everyone in one hideout. ALWAYS spread your men around, and keep your leader all alone in a separate warehouse so he doesn't die and end your game.

Nothing sucks worse than ONE raid ending your entire game. Easy to prevent, though.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: November 19, 2011, 11:55:52 am »

Playing Gambciv mod for Battle for Wesnoth. Spend roughly forty turns preparing a roadway and training up an army of longbowmen and dragoons to go and crush another players kingdom. I've got plenty of farmland and woodlands, but he has a river with deep water and some mountains nearby, which I want badly. It'll take about six turns for my army to reach him, so I figure I'll get some resources accrued so I can rush buildings once he's dead. Send a peasant into the woods, discover a horde of woses sneaking past my army. He crushed me  :(.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: November 19, 2011, 07:48:33 pm »

Was the only casualty in the very first goblin raid. I got slashed in the upper arm, walked to the hospital, and then realized that there was no water on the map (and I hadn't hit the caverns yet.)

Died of thirst. DF.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: November 19, 2011, 07:56:10 pm »

Lasted the whole day, killing zed with my machete while stockpiling supplies. Had just hit a major food find and was hauling my loot to my temporary base when I decided I'd take everyone's advice and try using the subway system to travel safely.

...Fast forward 30 seconds.

I was murdered by half a dozen cannibals and a sewer rat. Something about having gone animalistic and insane makes those damn cannibals take a hell of a beating via machete, and even half a clip point-black didn't do much.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: November 19, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »

Got my capital to max status, tried to save when the power gave out..
Spectral Force Genesis.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: November 19, 2011, 11:43:44 pm »

Was wounded, sitting in a hospital bed waiting to be splinted (broken hand from a Goblin Maceman) when...

A vile force of darkness arrives!

In the battle, we lose 38 dwarves. Tantrum spiral ensued. I went berserk, killed a nurse and two guards before finally succumbing to an axe in the brain.

MaximumZero has been struck down.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4163 on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:49 am »

Lasted the whole day, killing zed with my machete while stockpiling supplies. Had just hit a major food find and was hauling my loot to my temporary base when I decided I'd take everyone's advice and try using the subway system to travel safely.

I was murdered by half a dozen cannibals and a sewer rat. Something about having gone animalistic and insane makes those damn cannibals take a hell of a beating via machete, and even half a clip point-black didn't do much.

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.

As for me, i got drunk, then stripped off my clothes and got someone to open the Engine Core's doors then close them after a couple seconds so i had time to get into the Core but without leaking too much burning Plasma. I made this Dwarfy sacrifice, to attempt to fuel the Engine using only the Dwarven Wine in my body.

As of this typing, the other crew still haven't been able to get my body outta there :P.

Spacestation 13, BS12 server.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:11:55 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:34 am »

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.

Figured it was extremely obvious, considering how many times a week Cataclysm is mentioned, and how I had just posted another 'how I last died' with the same game. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: November 20, 2011, 12:11:54 am »

Even if it's obvious, dude, it's still mandatory.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: November 20, 2011, 05:23:29 am »

I would've guessed it as Rogue Survivor to be honest.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: November 20, 2011, 06:15:57 am »

Fell down some ftaires.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: November 20, 2011, 06:19:27 am »

Got hit with a reverse spinning hook kick to the back of the skull from a Chinese general, resulting in instant, ridiculous, and hilarious decapitation.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: November 20, 2011, 06:23:02 am »

Fell down some ftaires.

I warned you about stairs bro.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1575