Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374636 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4140 on: November 11, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »

Game crashed constantly, uninstalled. TF2

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: November 11, 2011, 09:45:55 pm »

Was pushed off the north wall by Psycobitch after an attempted raid on a temple.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: November 11, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »

Killed by a giant spider.   The helpful first time player hint system was very helpful in tellint me that my HP is very low and that I should use a healing potion.

Sadly it did so immediately after an attack that dropped me down to around one HP.  I was suffering health damage from poison.  I dropped dead the moment I closed the window.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #4143 on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:18 pm »

By an army of orcs, didnt press the refil health cheat buttons fast enuf´:´( . Mount and blade:The last days

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:28 am »

This happened just a few minutes ago actually. I was playing Dungeon Crawl once again, though this time as a Kobold Stalker that I had for some reason named Tilde. Anyways, things were going pretty well for her until around the fourth level of the dungeon, when she was running from an Orc Priest and fell down a shaft and into the lap of a quasit.

So after queuing the Benny Hill music she ran around and down some steps, into a dead end. As she was trying to fight off the giant mite and quasit that had been trailing her, I had this poor little kobold cast Evaporate with I think a fuming silver potion. And what do you know, everything got frozen in freezing vapors, including Tilde.

At -19/30 hitpoints she got to 11th place by freezing herself to death, and at 178 points was nowhere near my top-score of 3,768 with a Deep Elf Earth Elementalist named Lindskold. Maybe I should just stick with the Deep Elf Earth Elementalists and be happy…

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: November 12, 2011, 10:29:02 am »

The weather kept changing and interrupting my tree chopping, so I wasn't able to get my house built in time to not be killed by triffids.

Cataclysm.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: November 12, 2011, 10:52:32 am »

after a very successful mission, we went to pickup point and lined up for the salute.

a mishap, and I saluted with a live grenade.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: November 12, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »

Walked into a room and saw the big spiked metal rack wound back down the corridor, and the faintly visible button on the floor. I have a problem, and even though I know it's a trap, I feel the urge to activate it and see what it does. I'd seen smaller versions of this, that swung out at a 90 degree angle, expecting you to run into it, so I figured if I stepped on the button and backed up a bit, itd be fine. Unfortunatly, this trap swung at a 180 degree angle, and was quite wide....

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: November 12, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »

Had my ass thoroughly handed to me who, five minutes prior, was the sweetest angel you could meet.
Didn't help that my party was underleveled and woefully ill-equipped to deal with Steel.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: November 12, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

Walked into a room and saw the big spiked metal rack wound back down the corridor, and the faintly visible button on the floor. I have a problem, and even though I know it's a trap, I feel the urge to activate it and see what it does. I'd seen smaller versions of this, that swung out at a 90 degree angle, expecting you to run into it, so I figured if I stepped on the button and backed up a bit, itd be fine. Unfortunatly, this trap swung at a 180 degree angle, and was quite wide....

I did that.  It's irresistible is it not?  Fortunately I was at full hp in full iron plate, so I lived.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 12, 2011, 09:36:22 pm »

Ventured into a Union controlled town. Killed one, two more came at me. Frantically healing, as despite my armor they started to hurt a bit, I killed those too. Then five decided to say "hi" as the dirty hippy nearby looked and laughed from the relative safety of an outer area. Took down another three with headshots before my life gave out.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4151 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:30 am »

Headshot.

Halo: Reach, Team SWAT on Asylum.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:49 am »

Reached the legendary City of Gold for the first time ever. I start to jetpack around to explore the riches available to me, only to get shot with an arrow trap. Total time in level, < 5 seconds.

RAEG QUIT

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #4153 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:30 am »

So, I've got a pretty substantial group of people being trained in combat.  Nobody is armed, and there are no weapons in the building.  After 15 years of people prostituting out of the Downtown apartments, the police show up, and I have my people give up, even though they could probably beat the police to death with their bare hands at this point, as I have manipulated the legal system so powerfully that no charge will stick, and I've got half a million dollars for legal bills.  Well, the police murder everybody in the apartment, which includes everyone on my active team.  I lose contact with my massive network of sleeper agents and game over.

Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:04 am »

Swarmed by zombies in a gun store of all places.. Just didn't have time to get armed and reload..

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 1575