Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374642 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4125 on: November 10, 2011, 12:28:05 am »

Used a blue shell. Then drove into first place.

Almost as bad as when I red shelled myself. Yes, it is possible. No, I don't know why.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4126 on: November 10, 2011, 01:41:43 am »

Drank deeply from a bottle of whiskey, then stepped on a land mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVHufk0LPuA&feature=player_detailpage#t=23s
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4127 on: November 10, 2011, 02:15:47 am »

Got so fat (and repeatedly drunk (a 4 drink minimum; bottles), and smoked like a chimney) I was actually slowing down and passing out once in awhile. A fellow crew member lended me a mysterious drink which knocked me out for good (turned out to be at least 2 concentrated doses of chloral hydrate (or at least I gulped down that much and couldn't finish the drink)). Combine a fatal dosage of knockout juice with my terrible fatness, and you've got the makings of a dead man, which supposedly couldn't get revived nor properly cloned (apparently the cloner and reviver didn't work (power issues maybe), and I was so bad off that I lost enough HP to die a minimum of 50 times over), so as a disembodied brain I witnessed my body become the next meal on the menu (5/95 marbling ratio; Majority is fat).

Before that, I got hacked apart by a mad butcher, and was turned into funny food and a clownburger.

And before that, I was wandering the station as a janitor, setting up slippery traps here and there, until a brown-out occurred and knocked out my connection. I get back on only to discover I'm in the middle of the remains of a nuked chapel wing of the station, which has also caused an air leak in the main halls; which also contributed to some of the passing out in other decks with the most recent death.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:32:30 am by Itnetlolor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: November 10, 2011, 02:34:12 am »

I'm rampaging through an enemy base in a walking tank. I have a minigun on one arm, a hydraulically-powered stabbing knife on the other, with an explosive cannon on the front. Infantry, other walking tanks, flying machines - all fell to my wrath.

Then some gas-mask mook knifes me from behind, exploding the tank and killing me.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: November 10, 2011, 03:01:41 am »

I was in a powerful team. We were working together as a cohesive unit. We had defended the intelligence from disaster, with a powerful tower blocking access and many bunkers. We defended everything with lightning reflexes, when suddenly we fell, one after the other. I was the last to go. On 2hp I ran. Then, I was shot in the back.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: November 10, 2011, 04:07:56 am »

Creeper! -tssboom-
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: November 10, 2011, 06:37:28 pm »

Saw a zombie brute come running at me from across the street. Loaded up my Mossberg and rushed to meet it because headshots with shotties are usually one hit wonders. Turns out birdshot just bounce off of their skin. In a panic I tried switching to 00 rounds but I was brutalized. On a positive note, I spawned in some dude's heavily fortified safehouse. Thank you mysterious hoarder!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »

the squad was moving outside of the engagement zone, making a wide circle for taking the other side of the enemy camp.

suddenly, we got caught in cross fire; wider than us, far away from the engagement zone up on a nearby hill, an enemy spotter signaled our presence.

we pushed forward and put a small cottage between us and the main engagement zone, disembarked and engaged the spotter's squad while panic was getting the hold of some member of the squad.
In the fight that ensued, three of the eight members plus the driver got killed. secured our flank, we called in some air reinforcement and a supply truck for push toward the enemy, that in the meantime closed from the engagement zone and called more reinforcements.

Down to six man, we started taking turns at picking some shot around the corner of the house, while the medic worked to patch us up. Meanwhile, further enemy reinforcements came on our position, and we started taking heavy fire. Suddenly the cottage collapsed, due the heavy fire and artillery fire that was now on us; killing nearby soldiers.

Down to three men, we used the rubble as trench while firing onto the enemy that was, by now, getting onto us from 180 deg. An enemy battalion of paratropers then was dropped on our backs. Outgunned and outnumbered, defeat was only a matter of time.

Further retreating in the rubble and low on ammo, we started firing like there was no tomorrow, killing enemies left and right. We took a got quite a few, before getting killed by a rocket fired onto our position, which killed everyone.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:00 am »

Level 5 Elven Paladin. Ran into a revenant Multitude cultist, who summoned a fire genasi Multitude cultist. Who summoned a celestial bloodhost eye. As I was trying to get down into a corridor so I could manage the mobsplosion, the eye cast Boiling Blood on me. I tried countering it with Cure Light Wounds, but the damage was coming too fast. In desperation I drank an unidentified potion, hoping it would heal me or remove the spell.

It was a Potion of Light. DOH.
My blood foamed up out of my body like overheated pasta water.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: November 11, 2011, 02:08:12 pm »

Level 5 Elven Paladin. Ran into a revenant Multitude cultist, who summoned a fire genasi Multitude cultist. Who summoned a celestial bloodhost eye. As I was trying to get down into a corridor so I could manage the mobsplosion, the eye cast Boiling Blood on me. I tried countering it with Cure Light Wounds, but the damage was coming too fast. In desperation I drank an unidentified potion, hoping it would heal me or remove the spell.

It was a Potion of Light. DOH.
My blood foamed up out of my body like overheated pasta water.

Is that kinda like Nethack, or a bit more graphical?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: November 11, 2011, 02:20:09 pm »

From my limited experience from a long time ago, I'm pretty sure it is still ASCII.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:35 pm »

While no one technically died, I failed to get Mona Lisa hooked up with Leonardo Da Vinci. The fact that the music choice is a terrible song didn't help.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »

The Chaos Space Marines got into my base while i was busy leveling their 2nd base and not paying attention.
They blew up my HQ, and i had to flee the battlefield.
Some Grot will have to pay for that!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:46 pm »

Head asploded from looking at the UI.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: November 11, 2011, 08:01:06 pm »

4 Genetics researchers in the start of the game? RAEGQUIT

Aurora
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1575