Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374888 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4005 on: October 27, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »

My squad was down to just three guys, the others being recuperating from injuries or in training.  I'm just starting, so they aren't really equipped, either.

Got a mission to capture some gray, so I sent them down.  I have a mod that increases enemy counts a ton, so there were a lot of them, and without armor their lasers hurt.  Despite blasting the crap out of them, eventually one guy died, and I uh sorta quit because I don't like it when that happens.  >_>

Stupid xenos, why won't you shoot the guy with tons of HP goddamn.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:34 am »

My squad was down to just three guys, the others being recuperating from injuries or in training.  I'm just starting, so they aren't really equipped, either.

Got a mission to capture some gray, so I sent them down.  I have a mod that increases enemy counts a ton, so there were a lot of them, and without armor their lasers hurt.  Despite blasting the crap out of them, eventually one guy died, and I uh sorta quit because I don't like it when that happens.  >_>

Stupid xenos, why won't you shoot the guy with tons of HP goddamn.
Sounds like an X-Com game, but...
AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: October 28, 2011, 01:22:37 am »

I shot myself in the head to extinguish my ego and invoke my inner divinity, assaulting the shadows with a almighty hammer of  lightning...!... which promptly bounced back, killing me instantly.

Hard mode is hard.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: October 28, 2011, 03:16:33 am »

I ran someone over. The cops came to arrest me but I ran. They just wouldn't go away, so I breaked, turned my car around and activated my headlight guns. It made short work of their car, blowing it apart in seconds. Eventually, I got the S.W.A.T trying to kill me. I couldn't fight them as there were too many of them. I had to escape from them. Police quickly put up baricades but I blasted them down with my machineguns. Eventually, they chased me into a construction yard, where I hid behind several crates. I found a kill frenzy SMG. I waited for them to come to attack me and tried to take them by surprise. The S.W.A.T gunned me down in seconds.

GTA 2 (which is now free)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 28, 2011, 03:24:44 am »

Shot a guy with my full clip of ammo, then switched to my rocket launcher and fired as many shots as I could. Finally, I attached 4 grenades to him. Then he came back and promptly oneshotted me. Darn health-haxors.
Then got banned from the server because I 'accused an admin of hacking'. FFS, corrupt on power much?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4010 on: October 28, 2011, 03:27:30 am »

Was exploded by a flying teleporting giant demon zombie eyeball.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: October 28, 2011, 04:11:53 am »

Sounds like an X-Com game, but...
Oh yeah.  Whoopsie.

UFO: Aftermath.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:08 am »

I waltz into a dungeon thinking it'd be a piece of cake like all the other high-level dungeons I've been to. My first few minutes inside, I killed everything very quickly. On my way through to find treasure, I found a portal. Staring at its whirling, glowing visage I said "Fuck it" and jumped through.

Fast forward 2 minutes into the future.

My back mage is dead, my priest is dead, my Dwarven axe-master is about to keel over, my two Elvish longbowmen are half-dead, and Ehndras Aurea, my Human Paladin tank with ridiculously high defense, well, he's at about 30%. After failing to flee the current battle against a group of 9 Succubi who raped nearly the entire team to death(pun), I somehow succeeded in sidestepping wraiths, stone golems, iron golems, more succubi, greater demons, and all sorts of high level mobs I had never ever heard of. I accidentally walked into a room and found no fewer that 15 chests tightly packed in a vertical corridor, and shat all over myself as I found an indestructible imbued pike and an indestructible imbued bastard sword, 9 or so bastard swords, 8-9 steel shields, 6-7 halberds at least, and all sorts of other loot, plus about 15,000 pure gold.

Now, my half-beaten, barely still-living men are led by my human noble and Dwarven axemaster to the surface of how god-damn deep this dungeon might be. It will be long... it will be hard.

But by the gods and Armok's Fist I'm not going to die with a fortune of loot on me!

I shall return to the Mountainhomes of the Northwest and by Armok's beard, I'll be LOADED!

Kingdoms: RPG, with two-dozen Bay12ers in 2 separate kingdoms :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4013 on: October 28, 2011, 06:25:44 am »

Stupid Cult members shooting rockets at my squad, I hate their tight corridoors!

Oh damn, that's the only hard part about raiding the Cult of Sirius. You got tight corridors, and they soon get those damned rocket launchers.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: October 28, 2011, 06:57:19 am »

Stupid Cult members shooting rockets at my squad, I hate their tight corridoors!

Oh damn, that's the only hard part about raiding the Cult of Sirius. You got tight corridors, and they soon get those damned rocket launchers.

Hmm, I never had problems. They're a piece of cake on Turn-Based, which is the only way I play. See them, throw a grenade that's set to explode on impact, and GOODBYE. Open fire, cover fire while running to and from cover, sniper lands a few hits, gunners pepper the area, Psi-Ops stuns or panics, and 2-3 grenades quickly make work of anyone whos left.

Then again, for some reason I always run into packed groups of 5-10 worshipers in those damn chapels. If I was on realtime they'd absolutely tear me apart.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 28, 2011, 08:50:57 am »

Hmm, I never had problems. They're a piece of cake on Turn-Based, which is the only way I play. See them, throw a grenade that's set to explode on impact, and GOODBYE. Open fire, cover fire while running to and from cover, sniper lands a few hits, gunners pepper the area, Psi-Ops stuns or panics, and 2-3 grenades quickly make work of anyone whos left.

Then again, for some reason I always run into packed groups of 5-10 worshipers in those damn chapels. If I was on realtime they'd absolutely tear me apart.

I play it in real-time mostly now. I used to play in turn-based but I hated when brainsuckers would just jump my men from round a corner.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 28, 2011, 08:56:44 am »

I play it in real-time mostly now. I used to play in turn-based but I hated when brainsuckers would just jump my men from round a corner.

Yeah that pissed me the fuck off my first time but I realized if you keep range and play smart, you'll do fine. Also, I always keep a primed stun-grenade in hand, so if I'm brainsucked my guy gets instantly knocked out. :P Great suicide-bomber tactic with high explosives also, if you want to be that desperate.

Me, I love charging into their temples, get my droid to drop off some Marsec High Explosives set to explode in 5-6 turns, then get my men in position. That shit blows, incendiary grenades go too, and pretty soon the cultists are running about like maniacs. They won't fire a shit while they're fleeing so they're a piece of cake to kill.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: October 28, 2011, 09:06:50 am »

They won't fire a shit while they're fleeing

:P
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 28, 2011, 09:49:55 am »

They won't fire a shit while they're fleeing

:P

Wait, I just noticed that typo. LMAO.

I meant AT shit, as in, they're too busy running to RPG you. Works best with stun 'nades.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: October 28, 2011, 08:15:33 pm »

Ran up the hill while I was under fire, then dove for cover behind a halftrack. I squirmed my way out into the open and started shooting my BAR, then got shot in the head by a German soldier.

Resistance and Liberation.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 1575