Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376029 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3810 on: October 13, 2011, 11:33:39 pm »

Sudden destabilisation of the universe as soon as I took my first step inside my jail cell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Seriously, one step after character creation and OBLIVION.EXE has stopped working. D:)
Sometimes even silly things can cause conflicts. Don't suppose you used Wrye Bash?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: October 13, 2011, 11:51:33 pm »

Elone is fucking horrific, I'd play more if I didn't get so pissed at dying randomly after tons of work in the most idiotic way possible.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:39 pm »

Elone is fucking horrific, I'd play more if I didn't get so pissed at dying randomly after tons of work in the most idiotic way possible.

I agree. The best thing about this game thus far was a random booty call with a blue-haired wizard. That's always been a dream of mine. *cough*

You're a worldly man, Ehndras. Know of any open-ended rogue-likes with less... Japanese, in them?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:59:48 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: October 14, 2011, 12:58:06 am »

Hahaha! Depends, what style you want? I've got futuristic, zombie survival, medieval, fantasy. So maaaany out there, so many good ones here on this forum if ya look. :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: October 14, 2011, 01:12:50 am »

Hahaha! Depends, what style you want? I've got futuristic, zombie survival, medieval, fantasy. So maaaany out there, so many good ones here on this forum if ya look. :)

Orly?

I'm looking for something similar to Elona, in the sense of a splice between your classic dungeon/adventure game with some domestic elements, i.e. that touch of Harvest Moon. Does such a thing exist..?

I NEED to farm.

Latest death: My party of Imperial scouts was swarmed by a rabid pack of ashlander witches on patrol outside Gnisis...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:48 am »

Hmm... I've played a few of the sort over the years, but none I can remember the name/link at this particular moment. I personally play for crafting, skills and exploration. Combat is just a mini-game to me. Every game I play, its for that feeling of exploring the unknown and becoming better at what you do, building new things, etc.

I'm thinking of trying X-com, mostly because I can research and build my own gear and set up squads/etc myself :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: October 14, 2011, 01:17:15 am »

As for my last death,

I was stung with neurotoxin, dragged into the bathrooms, absorbed by the changeling Ronald jerome, then fired out of a mass driver. Grr.

Spacestation 13.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: October 14, 2011, 01:52:48 am »

Sometimes even silly things can cause conflicts. Don't suppose you used Wrye Bash?

I use OBMM and BOSS. Could never get Wrye Bash working on my computer. If i couldn't bash a mod then i would just leave it alone.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: October 14, 2011, 02:42:12 am »

Turned into sushi in Octodad. Having just read about it I thought I'd try it out, it is frustrating as hell.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:39 am »

Twelve untrained, ill-prepared recruits stood agape at the bloodshed before their eyes. Twelve recruits who laid not a single blow upon the agile enemy; kobold scum. Twelve recruits who hang their heads in shame as the Beast-hero of Crystalhalls is put to rest forevermore, left to bleed to death on the grassy fields outside our home. Urdim Oshurmelbil, war dog of the Crystallhalls, you shall be remembered forevermore as the first casualty of our fortress, slain by Shlayrbin the Kobold murderer. You gave your life to protect our halls when our foolish military was still so far away. Yours shall be the first stone coffin to join our Necropolis, the centerpiece of it all. May the gods guide you to the spirit realm, our friend and guardian.

...And on the moment of your death, a yak cow was born. One life is taken; another, given.

Today, the Crystalhalls shall be silent, in mourning.

--- --- ---

Obviously, DF. Genesis mod.

tl:dr: Two kobold thieves were caught by my two post dogs, but my war dog happened to be nearby. He BOLTED like a bat out of hell to protect us and chased a kobold thief all the way across the map. Finally grabbed the thief's leg and broke it, but took a stab to the heart. Bled to death moments later. Son of a bitch is crawling away, I hope my recruits hurry the fuck up so they can murder the bastard.

He just stabbed my spearman in the foot after stabbing my wardog in the heart. This fucker has a lot of fight in him. Hopefully my spearman kills 'em. God damn it! He stabbed my wrestler in the arm, he's leaving a massive trail of blood o_O Stabbed my swordsman too, he's dodging our hits... What the hell is with this ultra-strong kobold thief!?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:31:47 am by Ehndras »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: October 14, 2011, 04:36:55 am »

Finally! My axedwarf just stabbed the thief multiple times and is most definitely going to deal the killing blow, oddly and ironically wielding a black bronze dagger taken from a previous kobold thief.

YES! Kobold thief's spinal tissue has been ruptured, dropped his dagger. Now, a nice blow to the head fractured the skull.

FINISH HIM!

The axedwarf stabs the Kobold Thief in the head with her (black bronze dagger), tearing the muscle, fracturing the skull and tearing the brain through the ({small spider silk hood})! An artery has been opened by the attack! A tendon in the skull has been torn!

Kobold Thief has been STRUCK DOWN.

Mmmm, a nice steaming cup of revenge.

---

WOW! I have to add this in!

So, a few minutes later, another kobold thief. It appears the war dog was the pet of my melee militia captain, the Beastmaster. The Beastmaster RUNS out from god knows where, tackles the kobold unarmed, and proceeds to beat the shit out of it with his bare fists. He just broke its spine with a punch, making it drop its dagger. All the while, flashing red arrow of unhappiness.

Someones piiiiiiiiiiiiiissed. >_>

EDIT:

Page 20. Paralyzed, winded, stunned, extreme pain, unconscious. Angry, RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE-ing militia captain has broken the thief's arms, legs, fractured its skull, bruised its guts, shattered its spine, and is still punching the thief. Yes, this is the same guy that punched a dragon raptor to death after 50 pages a few minutes after my first embark. God, this guy is fucking psychotic. Perfect choice to lead my Dwarves into battle.

Page 23, 3 of the squad's soldiers finally arrive on site as the kobold becomes enraged. Considering how his spine is shattered, his arms, legs, hands and feet are bruised, cut, broken, and utterly useless, he's not going anywhere.

I really hope the militia captain doesn't lose this kill to the rest of the squad. He deserves it. Huh, just realized at some point in pages 20-21 the captain took the thief's cloak and is now beating her with it, hehe.

DAMN it. Axedwarf got a final hit on its leg, and it died from sheer exhaustion and blood loss. Oh well, pretty damn sure captain's going to beat the fuck out of every other kobold that heads through...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:05:23 am by Ehndras »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:57 am »

New post, out of boredom and frustration.

Remember that twelve-man army?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell... "A vile force of darkness has arrived!"

Seems I forgot Genesis adds new sieges. I got 20 skilled wrestlers of the werewolf persuasion, against my 12 men, only 3 of which have weapons. Things were going pretty well until the militia commander Beastmaster dodged off the damn deathwalk (single-tile walkway with 5-z drop on both sides, weapon traps on the walkway, fortifications on both sides of deathwalk and one on south of the dropped area to finish them off. Sadly, only one marksman and he ended up dodging off too.)

Needless to say, my entire military has been raped, everyone is badly damaged from the fall, militia commander died after struggling valiantly to survive, axedwarf hacked at them for a while and then was murdered, and the rest are soon to go.

Tougher creature bones makes me RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: October 14, 2011, 07:43:44 am »

Twelve untrained, ill-prepared recruits stood agape at the bloodshed before their eyes. Twelve recruits who laid not a single blow upon the agile enemy; kobold scum. Twelve recruits who hang their heads in shame as the Beast-hero of Crystalhalls is put to rest forevermore, left to bleed to death on the grassy fields outside our home. Urdim Oshurmelbil, war dog of the Crystallhalls, you shall be remembered forevermore as the first casualty of our fortress, slain by Shlayrbin the Kobold murderer. You gave your life to protect our halls when our foolish military was still so far away. Yours shall be the first stone coffin to join our Necropolis, the centerpiece of it all. May the gods guide you to the spirit realm, our friend and guardian.

...And on the moment of your death, a yak cow was born. One life is taken; another, given.

Today, the Crystalhalls shall be silent, in mourning.

--- --- ---

Obviously, DF. Genesis mod.

tl:dr: Two kobold thieves were caught by my two post dogs, but my war dog happened to be nearby. He BOLTED like a bat out of hell to protect us and chased a kobold thief all the way across the map. Finally grabbed the thief's leg and broke it, but took a stab to the heart. Bled to death moments later. Son of a bitch is crawling away, I hope my recruits hurry the fuck up so they can murder the bastard.

He just stabbed my spearman in the foot after stabbing my wardog in the heart. This fucker has a lot of fight in him. Hopefully my spearman kills 'em. God damn it! He stabbed my wrestler in the arm, he's leaving a massive trail of blood o_O Stabbed my swordsman too, he's dodging our hits... What the hell is with this ultra-strong kobold thief!?

... your TL;DR is about the same length as the actual post....

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: October 14, 2011, 08:16:36 am »

I was attacked by a big worm. Not the biggest worm, that killed me later.

Terraria,
Everybody!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:26 am »

I got cursed by those damn Basilisk that insta-killed  know I only have half a heath bar  :'(
 Dark Soul btw
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1575