Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375994 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3795 on: October 13, 2011, 12:16:49 pm »

"Hello, my name is Dr. Salvador. I will be performing your neck surgery today."
*revs chainsaw*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3796 on: October 13, 2011, 01:40:17 pm »

I died while attacking Ivytta the large brown snake.

I should have paid more attention to it since it was all sparkly and unique, but I just didn't take it having only 200 health seriously. I mean, I had just killed a giant with over 500 health with no problem. Turns out it's main defense was dealing 50 damage to you every time you hit it. Sadly I didn't realize this until I hit it, and I started the fight with my most damaging ability - flurry - which made me hit it 6 times. My health was just shy of 300.

I may have died, but you shoulda seen the other guy! Er, snake - but it was totally dead too.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

Jumped off of the top of an old western saloon to see if I could survive the hilarious euphoria physics landing. I didn't.
Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: October 13, 2011, 03:31:19 pm »

After pushing a stranded jellyfish downstairs with a pick, I was set alight by lava. I somehow burned to death whilst standing underwater....

Terraria.
Everybody!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: October 13, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »

Yeah, but which version is better? I want whichever one has the most to do. I noticed one of them has ship fights, urban warfare, weapon/equip progression through research, etc.

Apoc is the coolest, the first has the best sense of Earth being invaded and to me the best grand strategy. Skip Finding Nemo the second one unless you are a superfan.
I'm with you on this one, Terror From the Deep can basically be described as a reskinned Enemy Unknown, with some additions and mostly just changes.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: October 13, 2011, 04:49:40 pm »

You forgot harder.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »

Killed by sudden symptoms of "Deathclaw to the face" syndrome.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: October 13, 2011, 05:23:44 pm »

Just gonna point out that Apocalypse on its own is $4.99 without tax, making it quite literally cheaper than dirt.
It's just difficult without a bank account. Fine, Morality can win today. I'll just stick with my free games
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:51:53 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: October 13, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »

Yeah, but which version is better? I want whichever one has the most to do. I noticed one of them has ship fights, urban warfare, weapon/equip progression through research, etc.

Apoc is the coolest, the first has the best sense of Earth being invaded and to me the best grand strategy. Skip Finding Nemo the second one unless you are a superfan.
I'm with you on this one, Terror From the Deep can basically be described as a reskinned Enemy Unknown, with some additions and mostly just changes.

Technically, Terror from the Deep is a reskinned Enemy Unknown, except with a handful of new features, all of which are horribly bugged. A new research system that can be permanently broken in at least two different ways, Dye Grenades that do absolutely nothing, aliens equipped with melee weapons that the AI isn't trained to use...

Apocalypse is the one we keep talking about. The graphics are slightly less eye-gouging retro, battles can optionally be fought in real-time instead of turn-based combat, there's a faction system, there's interesting UFO combat, the end-game is more involved... yeah, it's generally considered a slightly-unpolished gemstone, where as Enemy Unknown is considered a highly-tarnished and very rough diamond the size of your head - awesome concept, but honestly, a lackluster execution.  :(

But yeah, Apocalypse is $5.00, and totally worth picking up. Add on Enemy Unknown if you want to spend $10. The full pack probably isn't worth it - it's effectively 2 free games, but the two games in question are Interceptor and Enforcer, which are terrible.  :P

You forgot harder.

Only if you don't get a version that fixes the infamous 'difficulty bug', wherein all Enemy Unknown games reset to 'Beginner' difficulty once the game is saved or a battle ends. I've heard some of the latest versions fix this... at which point the games are pretty much reskins of each other.  :P

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »

You forgot harder.
Only if you don't get a version that fixes the infamous 'difficulty bug', wherein all Enemy Unknown games reset to 'Beginner' difficulty once the game is saved or a battle ends. I've heard some of the latest versions fix this... at which point the games are pretty much reskins of each other.  :P
No, TFTD is overall harder than the first game. And there are a few missions that are tedious (cruise ships).

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: October 13, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »

What happened with TFTD is that the bug that reset everything to 'Beginner' went unnoticed for a while. They made TFTD thinking it was too easy, and it came out to be pretty damn hard. One estimate is that its lowest setting was harder than Enemy Unknown's highest. And that's not counting the bugs.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: October 13, 2011, 10:50:18 pm »

I played the piano in the first bar I came across..

I discovered this game through your post, and thus have decided to blame you for all the psychological trauma I have suffered since falling down this rabbit hole. As if spontaneous starvation and being crushed under the weight of a "length of rope" weren't enough, my mind was forever scarred by the death of my loyal friend "Chilez the Cat," who inexplicably exploded when he went to drink from a well.

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:34 pm »

Giant suit of armor drop kicked me off a castle.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: October 13, 2011, 11:05:35 pm »

Giant suit of armor drop kicked me off a castle.

Ugh... I hated had Fun with Demons Souls... this sound it's much worse even better.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: October 13, 2011, 11:11:00 pm »

Sudden destabilisation of the universe as soon as I took my first step inside my jail cell.

(Seriously, one step after character creation and OBLIVION.EXE has stopped working. D:)
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1575