Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376438 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3660 on: September 22, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

Attempted to cure brain damage with a chainsaw. It worked.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 22, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

Gangbanged by a Centaur and Orc Wizard while playing as a Troll Monk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:26 pm »

My party of a thief, samurai and a monk were obliterated by a mechanical beast- exhausted from previous fights they put up little resistance.

I remember that fight.  The one on the traincart right?  I used to consider it the hardest damn fight in the entire game.(probably still do but haven't played it in some time)  My trick was to equip somebody with phantom(one of the ones you just got) and summon it at the start of the fight.  The whole party invisible goes a long way to increasing survivability for that fight.  It's not a guaranteed win because if I recall he has a couple moves that can hit through it (and getting hit dispels invis), but it gives you a few extra turns from it wasting time with physical attacks that can't hit early in the fight.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 22, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »

Most of the other guys were packing armor and heat. I just put on filthy robes, grabbed a rusty saber and charged for the gate. When the defenders opened the gates to shoot out as a firing line, I waited for the shots to ring off behind a corner and then charged in. The gateway was filled with powder smoke, so I managed to skip around the pikemen blocking the entrance.

I ran around the courtyard like in Benny Hill, followed by a couple of guys in plate, but I lost them running like a madman. While skipping across the courtyard I came upon an unsuspecting musketeer and opened his jugulars in improvised surgery. I charged up stairs on the wall and procedeed to death kill murder. My rusty saber gave acute tetanus to the livers of six musketeers. Then someone shot me in the back.

By Armok that sounds like an awesome game! I must purchase this someday.

Of course I started hearing about it the day AFTER the sale  :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 22, 2011, 06:22:48 pm »

Most of the other guys were packing armor and heat. I just put on filthy robes, grabbed a rusty saber and charged for the gate. When the defenders opened the gates to shoot out as a firing line, I waited for the shots to ring off behind a corner and then charged in. The gateway was filled with powder smoke, so I managed to skip around the pikemen blocking the entrance.

I ran around the courtyard like in Benny Hill, followed by a couple of guys in plate, but I lost them running like a madman. While skipping across the courtyard I came upon an unsuspecting musketeer and opened his jugulars in improvised surgery. I charged up stairs on the wall and procedeed to death kill murder. My rusty saber gave acute tetanus to the livers of six musketeers. Then someone shot me in the back.

By Armok that sounds like an awesome game! I must purchase this someday.

Of course I started hearing about it the day AFTER the sale  :P
I kinda recommend getting M&B: Warband first. It has a better tutorial, more freedom, and no guns.
Guns are cool and all, but they tend to be one-hit-kills on pretty much anything. A single lucky shot can incapacitate you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 22, 2011, 07:53:05 pm »

Yeah. I've got Kirin for the paltry healing it can give me for the entire fight, and Ifrit for fire damage... I hadn't switched Cyan's esper because I wanted him to learn some spells for backup. :/

Just tried it again, and I failed because the last items i have are two Potions, a tonic and three X-Potions. I'll try using Phantom. Also, what's mechanical weak to? I would assume electrical attacks, but Ramuh does waaay less damage than Ifrit or Shiva. :E

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »

I kinda recommend getting M&B: Warband first. It has a better tutorial, more freedom, and no guns.
Guns are cool and all, but they tend to be one-hit-kills on pretty much anything. A single lucky shot can incapacitate you.

That is the reason I like WFaS over Warband! WFaS is a lot more exciting due to lethal bullets and it is not completely dominated by player skills in melee. Being shot in the back can take you down, no matter how epic fighter the player is. That is awesome. It brings in true atmosphere of a mass battle. Plus it opens more options regarding fighting; there are many fighting styles available, without any of them being inherently superior. Teamwork matters more as well; it is awesome to see firing lines, pike squads and stuff like that. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: September 22, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »

That is the reason I like WFaS over Warband! WFaS is a lot more exciting due to lethal bullets and it is not completely dominated by player skills in melee. Being shot in the back can take you down, no matter how epic fighter the player is. That is awesome. It brings in true atmosphere of a mass battle. Plus it opens more options regarding fighting; there are many fighting styles available, without any of them being inherently superior. Teamwork matters more as well; it is awesome to see firing lines, pike squads and stuff like that.
For what it's worth, I agree with all those things. For a first-time Mount&Blade player however, Warband is easier to get into.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 22, 2011, 09:02:23 pm »

GRAVITYYYYY!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »

GRAVITYYYYY!!!

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:22 pm »

The ONLY reason I'm preferring WF&S over WB is because of Teamwork. I have yet in a game (CURSE YOU UBIQUITOUS, PERPETUALLY INCOMPETENT CHUCKLEFUCKS) to see teamwork such as that. I'd love to see a cavalry charge of great skill, only to be stopped by an even grander archer barrage.
 :)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 22, 2011, 09:07:53 pm »

A fate much worse than death:

I was playing Fallout 3. Had a level 16 character, about to reach 17. Playing through a story mission that's required to be completed in order to unlock a fairly large portion of the game's content.

The game bugs out (a plot-important NPC won't budge.) I have no way to fix this since I'm on a console and can't debug, and I have no save to fall back on because I saved over my one save file before I discovered the bug. I'm currently playing through the game again.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »

The ONLY reason I'm preferring WF&S over WB is because of Teamwork. I have yet in a game (CURSE YOU UBIQUITOUS, PERPETUALLY INCOMPETENT CHUCKLEFUCKS) to see teamwork such as that. I'd love to see a cavalry charge of great skill, only to be stopped by an even grander archer barrage.
 :)
But Warband, being based on the same engine and made by the same developers, has exactly the same thing  :P
It's slightly more possible to solo armies in Warband, but using teamwork is still the way to win.
Keep in mind, there's only teamwork if you use in-battle commands. Otherwise, everyone rushes in willy-nilly and it's a clusterfrag.

Not really a death, but I was unable to pay the next installment of my mortgage. A fairy kicked me out of the house, and I was forced to live in a cardboard box for the rest of my days. </on-topic>

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »

While that does sounds fun and all, and, on paper, appeal to me, it kind of killed my interest in WFaS when it started happening to me. Not so much because I mind not being an invincible god of melee death, but because, in my experience with Warband, the player being incapacitated turns a crack team of elite man-killers into an incompetent boob squad who can autoresolve themselves to death with the greatest of ease when they'd take hardly any casualties if the battle were actually played out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »

There's supposed to be a mod that fixes that problem by allowing your men to continue the battle if you fall. I only wonder why the developers haven't made it standard  :P

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1575