Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376481 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3630 on: September 10, 2011, 04:20:39 am »

Blown up by a creeper while trying to look away from an Enderman.

Minecraft.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: September 10, 2011, 04:32:48 am »

suffocated when my plasma experiment started melting the heat shielding, but due to a bug venting it to space didn't cool it down at all (hooray raging 2000 K fire in hard vacuum).... then the wall finished melting and all my air DID vent to space and I was across the room from the air masks.

oh, and no-one even noticed I was dead for like 20 min.

SS13 (baystation 12)

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: September 10, 2011, 04:54:02 am »

Didn't die, per se, but my habit of jumping back in time farther and farther when making more and more mistakes without ever taking breathers to catch up with the present again sadly made the miners I needed to rescue die permanently and cause me to fail the mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: September 10, 2011, 09:00:25 am »

oh, and no-one even noticed I was dead for like 20 min.

I has been a long time since I last played but last I saw it was pretty much assumed that plasma research scientists would die a firey death (often taking their entire section of the ship with them), and it was actively hazardous to one's health to check in on them every so often.

So it pretty much comes with the territory.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:47 am »

Stepping anywhere related to science is hazardous to your health, I've disembarked the Goonstation shuttle to be met with a raging fire more often than one would think.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: September 10, 2011, 10:11:58 am »

I blew myself up when I was messing around using Thump-Thump, and the C-267 Avenger to wipe out all of the NCR at Camp McCarran. I just shot a grenade at a soldier, but Veronica stepped in the way, and BOOM we both died.

Fallout New Vegas

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:42 am »

I was bored and pumped a bunch of chlorine into Earth's atmosphere.

Aurora.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: September 11, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »

Draculaaaaaaaaaaa!

Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia.
Everybody!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: September 17, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »

Landed a Chinook. Upside-down.

For some reason, it didn't explode. But I had to restart the mission anyway, because I couldn't flip it over.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wrwr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: September 19, 2011, 04:20:19 am »

Fell from a catwalk while hunting the phantom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »

Playing adventurer mode as a hammerdwarf. Tut was growing increasingly more badass, with almost 200 kills and a solo cyclops kill to his name. At one point, a wolf ripped out his left eye in the opening rounds of an ambush. I thought that was the end, but good old Tut entered a martial trance and survived.

Tut met his end in the forest north of a desert. He and his two human companions had been hunting giant scorpions in the desert, and were doing fine, until one of the cursed arachnids severed his left leg at the hip. Poor Tut kept passing out from the pain, even after traveling. His companions would warn of an ambush, and next thing Tut knew the battle had been won.

Finally, a mere day from the safety of a human town where Tut could retire, his throat was ripped out by a grizzly. Tut fought as hard as he could, even breaking one of the beast's legs, but in the end his companions delivered the final blow mere seconds before the dwarf bled to death.

(Honestly, my best dwarf adventurer to date)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:45 pm »

I shot my gun. Shot it again right in front of me.
All the sudden the turret I expected to see the back of turns to me, says "I see you." and then starts firing. I died.

"Are you still there?"

It was so unexpected (I thought the portal was behind the turret! Like 90% sure! That it freaked me out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »

I shot my gun. Shot it again right in front of me.
All the sudden the turret I expected to see the back of turns to me, says "I see you." and then starts firing. I died.

"Are you still there?"

It was so unexpected (I thought the portal was behind the turret! Like 90% sure! That it freaked me out.
Wow. That was a very witty turret right there.

OH GOD THEY'RE LEARNING

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: September 19, 2011, 09:14:49 pm »

I ran off to a challenge battle against a spectre army. It was only rated at ~20% strength, and my army was ~40% strength, so I thought it would be no problem; I'd been winning 50% vs 40% battles with almost no casualties, after all, so 20% vs 40% should be a piece of cake.

And at first, it was easy. The first wave of ghostly wolves fell easily to my arrows and heavy infantry. My morale was fine, as my cavalry had secured half the victory points. Then their hero, along with his unit of mounted Spectres, charged my lines. 30 seconds and one Spearman dogpile later, he was down to 1/3rd health, and I thought the battle was won with nearly zero casualties.

Then he cast Breathstealer, a spell I hadn't seen before. I only knew the description, which implied it was a life-stealing spell.

He immediately jumped back to full health and remained there for the rest of the fight. I couldn't reduce his health in the slightest; he, meanwhile, proceeded to decimate team after team of my best troops. Half my units were retreating with a handful of survivors; at least one had been eliminated outright. Any team that so much as touched him in melee collapsed (and, when your opponent is mounted, there's no way to avoid melee combat!). When my hero hit half health and the enemy commander was still at near-full health, I knew I was screwed; that one bastard, on his own, had dealt more damage than most full-size human armies could.  :o

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1575