Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376524 times)

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3615 on: September 07, 2011, 11:31:19 pm »

My character was mentally ill from cloning so I RPed along and let my "friend" plant a bomb in me. She told me to get real close to this guy that she said killed my brother, and strangle him, when I blew up the whole ship glitched...

Space Station 13

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: September 07, 2011, 11:39:55 pm »

Heh, I was just about to post about that game. Yeah, it glitched because zaphoid ran around randomly letting plasma escape EVERYWHERE so the whole ship got set on fire when the bomb detonated.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »

B12 Server!? I'll be right on if thats a yes!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: September 07, 2011, 11:46:56 pm »

Yes, but you can't log in it's still crashed

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:45 pm »

Argh, damn it. Someone PM me when its back up, I'll get off of Civilization V as soon as its back up, haven't played SS13 since I moved, can't wait to have some fun for the next 10 hours :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:17 am »

Did Zaphod cause the plasma leak? I thought it was from the bio weapon Flora put in me. Who did you play that round BurnedToast?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:26:31 am by Urist Mcinternetuser »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: September 08, 2011, 12:20:37 am »

Orc Messiah was killed. Brutally. By both the RNG and a gnoll sergeant, conspiring against me. I mean there was no stairway down on D:3, so I had to use a shaft, which dropped me to D:6 which I was too weak for. It didn't help that I didn't have any followers.
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: September 08, 2011, 01:12:32 am »

Did Zaphod cause the plasma leak? I thought it was from the bio weapon Flora put in me. Who did you play that round BurnedToast?

I was the captain (died relatively early in), he didn't cause the leak but he ran all over the ship opening airlocks spreading it everywhere. Or at least that's what I thought happened.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: September 08, 2011, 01:14:18 am »

Damn you!

I was made a syndie traitor as the escape pods pulled out, oddly enough, and took the chance to attack the captain. I somehow slipped and bumped into my baton, knocking myself out, before having the captain and another guy beat me to death with crowbars while I laid on the floor passed out from electric shock. I eventually got up and punched the captain before having him disfigure me and crush my skull via crowbar. Fun times.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 08, 2011, 07:36:45 pm »

Not so much a death as a fail.   I tried to make a blast furnace in The Powder Toy.  Using first cloned coal, then cloned nitro, then cloned nitro+cloned gas. 

They all failed.  Only getting the broken metal I was trying to melt down up to 600C at most.

Then I tried cloned thermite.  That successfully melted down the broken metal! :D  And then it started melting the iron walls of the furnace.  :-\  And then it all exploded spectacularly.   :'(

My stickman dancing on the insulated fuel cloning vat died when a shockwave of molten iron hit the insulation, lighting it on fire, and then lighting the contained fuel (thermite) on fire.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3625 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:58 pm »

Minecraft. I genned a new world using the 404 seed just to check it out (if you don't know what i'm talking about, gen a new world using the seed "404", and when it loads, go dig out a block or two in the middle of that big patch of gravel next to the pond, you'll see what i mean). It was getting dark out, and i didn't have a bed or anything yet, so i decided to try out standing in the middle of a cactus trap, like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I stood right in the middle so i wouldn't be close enough to any of the cacti to get harmed, and any enemies that tried to attack me would most likely get shredded by the cacti. It worked the whole night, even managed to take out a Creeper. Morning comes, i walk out of the trap, and a Creeper i didn't even know was around the corner then explodes. Bastard was waiting on the other side of the cactus D:.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: September 08, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »

Creepers have surprisingly good ambush AI.

I on the other hand was trundling through a battle without watching when without warning two very heavy hits in quick succession knocked out C, L and M.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: September 09, 2011, 11:07:43 am »

I went on an innocent trip to a lighthouse and was killed by a giant crab.

Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia
Everybody!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3628 on: September 09, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »

Creepers have surprisingly good ambush AI.

I on the other hand was trundling through a battle without watching when without warning two very heavy hits in quick succession knocked out C, L and M.

You used cyclone (or an area attack) on the center dude, right? Or at least hit him while striking a bit?

Yeah, advice: Kill the bits before the big guy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:47 am »

Wasn't looking, i'd defeated both bits already and they respawned, then i still wasn't looking and accidentally attacked Guardian after they'd respawned.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1575