Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376799 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3510 on: August 27, 2011, 05:59:04 pm »

Seriously he armed the entire region and then threw them at me in a massive rush. And when I say entire region, I mean entire region. 450 rednecks against 240 militia men does not end well for the militia.

What, one of your trained soldiers isn't worth two rednecks?
It was way more than 2 rednecks.

Also they were militia and I was just starting out and sort of sucked strategy-wise. I hid them behind some trees but the computer just bumrushed us and in the melee they got around to our flanks, so my forces broke and ran.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 27, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »

Got left behind on Space Station 13.  The the place was losing power and atmosphere, and everyone was rushing to the pods, I had stayed late to try to help salvage the engine but passed out of plasma poisoning on my way to the pods.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3512 on: August 28, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

I put some C4 in a crate, i then activated it and put the detonater in the crate so it would blow up as well and eliminate any evidence on it, but the game chooses THAT point in time to lag, so i couldn't then close the crate and push it through the teleporter in time. Cue me gibbing all over the Mining Station.

Spacestation 13, on the Baystation 12 server.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »

I was on the escape shuttle when it was suicide bombed, scary.

Edit: Oops, Space Station 13.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 28, 2011, 09:13:36 pm »

I was there too.  That was my last death also.

Space Station 13

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:56 pm »

That was a weird/intense round, earlier in the game I got in a shuttle, and me + a couple of people flew around in it, then everyone got out, but I stayed in because the station was about to blow up, then the shuttle crashed but I had a space suit on so I went back into the station and was immediately killed by an alien. Then we were all monkeys, then assistants, and there was a dotty picture of a Dwarf like creature riding a bike. Also what was the weird ship thing at the end when everyone was fighting.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:09 pm »

I leapt into lava to see if I would respawn with the correct gear.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 29, 2011, 10:07:10 am »

Tried SS13 for the first time...
teleported into wall, then ran out of air, then got bombed.
 :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 29, 2011, 10:30:23 am »

Ah, SS13. Land of !!FUN!! and confusing controls.
And improvised weapons. Lots of them.

Tell engineers to arm themselves, they'll come out with toolboxes and flamethrowers.
Tell med/sci, they'll get grenades, syringeguns full of acid, and hyposprays that make people explode.
Tell the Janitor, and he'll go ninja on you with a mop after you slip on the wet floor and fall down.
Tell Plasma/Toxins/BlowStuffUp (kinda med/sci, but still) and they'll get flamethrowers and ship-killing bombs.

The Chef gets to dual-wield rolling pins I think, and spoons used to be HIGHLY broken and overpowered: when nerfing Goon knives and forks, spoons were not considered a threat. For a while they still did insane damage!
And those are "unarmed" classes!

Command and the Traitor get all kinds of lethal toys.

Protips:

The hand teleporter is a deathtrap. The stationary one less so, if it is propperly set up.

People go into psyco-kill-mode if you linger next to them for too long, or they feel drowsy. The game really needs to make drugging less obvious, at least early on. Somone brushes against you, you start drooling, "OMGKILLTRAITOR--collapses". Strange how drowsy people become so hostile... :)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:43 am »

Got left behind on Space Station 13.  The the place was losing power and atmosphere, and everyone was rushing to the pods, I had stayed late to try to help salvage the engine but passed out of plasma poisoning on my way to the pods.

That's how everybody dies in that game.

Seriously, if you ever utter the words "Wait, I can salvage the engine" when the timer is already going, you have sealed your fate.

Some people like to pretend that somebody's going to come back to the ship and rescue them in a few minutes or something. As if. Nobody's coming back to rescue you for quite some time, and when they do, air will have run out on the vessel, and everything will have decompressed.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 29, 2011, 03:28:24 pm »

Got overrun by zombies after I ran out of pistol ammo when I was beating them bacfk with an ironpipe, but I bleed out, and died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 29, 2011, 03:46:56 pm »

SS13, Bay12 server... Oh, the fond memories of getting my head crushed by 'The Welder' in one of our many unique admin-run game types, and then getting eaten as a security guard while trying to defend my men from zombies... Damn admins didn't tell me they come back to life unless you get rid of the body... Grrr.

:P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 29, 2011, 04:00:42 pm »

I was flying around (and lagging, damn shitty laptop) with my AI controlled ally ships constantly losing them against some UTA vessels armed with some rather crappy weapons. My beacon was destroyed 10 ships later and I was forced to retreat.

SPAZ demo, a friggin level 8 blockade.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 29, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »

I learned that two rings and a +2 cloak of fire resistance aren't enough to protect you from a landmine if you're carrying half a dozen, dangerous and easily breakable, magic wands.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 29, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »

I was walking in the direction of a grocery story, when I spot some zombies, then I proceed to the other way, I spot a pack of 3 wolves.
I got killed by both creatures. A squirrel watched everything.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1575