Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376856 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3465 on: August 23, 2011, 07:00:53 am »

Terence. One of the weakest uniques in Crawl, and yet it was him who slew each of my Ghoul Necromancers.

What makes it the most annoying is that I nearly got him each time... lucky swine :(
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: August 23, 2011, 07:14:38 am »

KAG looks fun, but I want to play it with a group of people I know.
Someone should definitely set up a Bay12 KAG server.

On topic, on /tg/ I just witnessed a Croat stab a Finn to death with a small knife.
It was awesome because the Finn was much much stronger, and had a larger dice pool to start with.
It was using the Riddle of Steel system for the fight.
I'm thinking of starting up an arena fight type game in ForumGames and Roleplaying forum here.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: August 24, 2011, 05:26:41 am »

I.... just did the following:
I was playing Shadow President, and everything was going so well until my inexperience lead me to losing the invasion of Iraq. This make me frustrated and bored, which is never a good combination. So, being the brilliant leader I am, I decided that those Commie bastards were coming down once and for all! One hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles devastated the Soviet Union. My Press Advisor, the filthy commie-sympathizing hippie, promptly resigned.

Then, one hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles impacted the US East Coast, killing five members of my cabinet and the majority of the nation. This left me with a mere 50,000,000 Americans and the the three least moral surviving members of my cabinet to work with, along with the radioactive hellhole that the commies heartlessly inflicted upon the nation. Enraged, I promptly ordered a ground invasion of the radioactive hellhole that I inflicted upon those damned commies, only to have the ruined remains of the US Armed Forces destroyed. Apparently Russian winters and nuclear winters are not very different. Who knew? Further enraged, I promptly halted all Foreign Aid (most of the world is dead now anyway), Infrastructure spending (Hah, what infrastructure?), and Military spending (No military, no military spending.). I then dropped both sales tax and personal tax to zero, and raised corporate taxes to 100%. This necessary and most definitely not communist action actually managed to bring my now 35% approval rating up some, while sadly shrinking the GDP by 12%. Every day.

Upon checking the global statistics, I discovered some very interesting things. One: The vast majority of the Warsaw Pact had fallen apart, while a slightly larger amount of NATO remained intact. Two: The now treasonous "leadership effectiveness" graph claimed that my leadership had an effectiveness of 0.0% following my Global Thermonuclear War against the commies. Three: The vast majority of the nations in the world had changed ideologies from Communism (Score!) or Capitalism (No!) to either a Nationalist society, or just total collapse. Four: Every nation in Africa had totally collapsed. Five: Out of a possible ethical score of 6 (Righteous), only three nations of the world were still rated at 4 (Cooperative). Those nations were France, the United Kingdom, and Spain. Every other nation was lower than this. The USA and Soviet Union were both rated at 2 (Treacherous). More proof of the Shadownet computer's communist sympathies, I'd imagine.

After sitting around for a while in the bunker under some mountain or another (But an American mountain, I assure you.) with the White House Director (Kind of a pointless job by that point, since the White House was incinerated in nuclear fire some days back.), NSA Director (The NSA also having been incinerated, made his job a bit pointless as well.), and the CIA Director (....yeah, his department also kind of got downsized via nuclear fire.), a damnable Commie agent shot me to death right through my Shadownet computer. I can only hope that my last cabinet members took that bastard down after my life was lost during my term as President. Although, I could have sworn I heard the NSA Director shouting something along the lines of "Oh thank God, he's finally d.....". D something. Deified, maybe? I could see that. After all, America wouldn't have gotten anywhere without my guidance, it might as well be divine.

TL;DR: I am the best President ever.
except that I obliterated the USSR due to having soldiers pre-stationed.  :P
I was still killed though.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: August 24, 2011, 06:13:01 am »

Getting your thumb bitten off by a night creature is apparently extremely dangerous. I blacked out from pain and got killed.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: August 24, 2011, 06:16:39 am »

Had 9:51 on the game's clock. When I reach 10:00 my hedgehog dies. I was up to a boss... Tried six times and failed, on the seventh try i managed to take care of the boss in under ten seconds.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 24, 2011, 10:23:22 am »

I was playing Shadow President, and everything was going so well until my inexperience lead me to losing the invasion of Iraq. This make me frustrated and bored, which is never a good combination. So, being the brilliant leader I am, I decided that those Commie bastards were coming down once and for all! One hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles devastated the Soviet Union. My Press Advisor, the filthy commie-sympathizing hippie, promptly resigned.

Then, one hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles impacted the US East Coast, killing five members of my cabinet and the majority of the nation. This left me with a mere 50,000,000 Americans and the the three least moral surviving members of my cabinet to work with, along with the radioactive hellhole that the commies heartlessly inflicted upon the nation. Enraged, I promptly ordered a ground invasion of the radioactive hellhole that I inflicted upon those damned commies, only to have the ruined remains of the US Armed Forces destroyed. Apparently Russian winters and nuclear winters are not very different. Who knew? Further enraged, I promptly halted all Foreign Aid (most of the world is dead now anyway), Infrastructure spending (Hah, what infrastructure?), and Military spending (No military, no military spending.). I then dropped both sales tax and personal tax to zero, and raised corporate taxes to 100%. This necessary and most definitely not communist action actually managed to bring my now 35% approval rating up some, while sadly shrinking the GDP by 12%. Every day.

Upon checking the global statistics, I discovered some very interesting things. One: The vast majority of the Warsaw Pact had fallen apart, while a slightly larger amount of NATO remained intact. Two: The now treasonous "leadership effectiveness" graph claimed that my leadership had an effectiveness of 0.0% following my Global Thermonuclear War against the commies. Three: The vast majority of the nations in the world had changed ideologies from Communism (Score!) or Capitalism (No!) to either a Nationalist society, or just total collapse. Four: Every nation in Africa had totally collapsed. Five: Out of a possible ethical score of 6 (Righteous), only three nations of the world were still rated at 4 (Cooperative). Those nations were France, the United Kingdom, and Spain. Every other nation was lower than this. The USA and Soviet Union were both rated at 2 (Treacherous). More proof of the Shadownet computer's communist sympathies, I'd imagine.

After sitting around for a while in the bunker under some mountain or another (But an American mountain, I assure you.) with the White House Director (Kind of a pointless job by that point, since the White House was incinerated in nuclear fire some days back.), NSA Director (The NSA also having been incinerated, made his job a bit pointless as well.), and the CIA Director (....yeah, his department also kind of got downsized via nuclear fire.), a damnable Commie agent shot me to death right through my Shadownet computer. I can only hope that my last cabinet members took that bastard down after my life was lost during my term as President. Although, I could have sworn I heard the NSA Director shouting something along the lines of "Oh thank God, he's finally d.....". D something. Deified, maybe? I could see that. After all, America wouldn't have gotten anywhere without my guidance, it might as well be divine.

Can't get the game to work, damn 64/32 bit incompatibility issue, not sure what to do.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: August 24, 2011, 11:55:17 am »

I had my dwarven demigod adventurer visit a fortress to load up on armor.
He was killed by a spider FB in the dining room.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:20 am »

Can't get the game to work, damn 64/32 bit incompatibility issue, not sure what to do.
I'm running 64bit Win7, and I got it to work.
Are you using DOSBox?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: August 24, 2011, 01:53:02 pm »

Vastly underestimated the power of my bomb.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

Killed by some boss I don't remember in DQ9.

Rest of the party was fine, though.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: August 24, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »

The AI game master (the Director) of Left 4 Dead 2 took a massive shit on me by tossing a charger and a smoker at me during a finale at the last moments. The smoker got me, and the charger got a bot, and the horde got another, and the end finale tank got another.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:09 pm »

Still struggling in vain to play Shadow President, but now I'm getting a blank screen.

Sigh.

ON TOPIC: I've been running around capping grunts with 10% health and no shields. As you can imagine I die a lot.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:33 am »

SIGMUUUUUUUUUUND! NOOOOOOOOO!!! (But before that, it was Dowan/Duvessa, Grinder, and Edmund.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:15 am »

After some massive pwnage with a Glock, I ran out of my +P+ ammo, making it very hard to survive. Eventually, I was mortally wounded and surrounded by (alright, there were only 4 zombies and a spitter ::)) zombies in a gas station. I curled up near a gas pump and activated my mini nuke. When the zombies sank their teeth in, it exploded.

Cataclysm.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:03 am »

I knocked someone out, and was dragging them into an empty office, when I was spotted nowhere near cover. A few shots to the head put me out of my misery pretty quickly...

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1575