Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369664 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3330 on: August 13, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »

Is Shadow President abandonware?
I think so. Also, how the frak do I run it?
Since it's old, you need to use DOSbox.
From what I've heard, it runs like a piece of shit in DOSbox so you need to run it in XP. I ran it in XP but it's not working.
I've never gotten a game like that to run normally, so I couldn't say how it would run compared to normally running it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: August 13, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

It worked just fine when I tried. Granted, all I did was fire nukes at the Soviet Union.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: August 13, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

It worked just fine when I tried. Granted, all I did was fire nukes at the Soviet Union.
See, the mistake was that the Soviet Union can fight back on that regard. The trick is to nuke nations that are unaligned and without nuclear armament.

I was disappointed when I found out that I could not, in fact, call an assassination attempt on myself. That really should have been my adviser's first clue that I was not a stable individual.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: August 13, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »

First time playing cataclysm.  Have no idea what I'm doing, try to fight off a horde of zombies in a field with a steak knife after I figured out that firing a gun to kill a squirrel is in fact, a bad idea.  Death 1

Find a gas station, decide to blow up a gas station for the lulz (who can resist really) escape the explosion easily and then turn a corner to get vomited on by a boomer.  I stab it and it explodes.  By the time my vision cleared I was surrounded by no less than 20 zombies.  Death 2.

Go to a bar.  There's a fucking bear in the bar.  Why is there a fucking bear in the bar.  Get eaten by bear. Death 3
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: August 13, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

Bears are guzzlers!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: August 13, 2011, 05:40:24 pm »

I was running through a feel of burnt out tanks with really tall grass, come near a clearing and suddenly snipers pop out everywhere and gun me down.

Modern Warfare 2, a Special Ops mission on Veteran.

sokmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: August 13, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »

killed by black hole

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: August 13, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »

*Cough*Game?*Cough*
Led a conga line of a zed a sec bot and one of those little flying camera bots. Durn' machine beat me to death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: August 13, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

Solar 2 possibly

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: August 13, 2011, 06:03:39 pm »

Every time I see some body go "game?", I die a little inside. It says in the OP to state the game, damnit.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: August 13, 2011, 06:53:36 pm »

A giant knocked me out into a river. Then, troglodyte shamans kept using various stun spells to keep me immobile while I drowned.
DDO.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:02 pm »

First time playing cataclysm.  Have no idea what I'm doing, try to fight off a horde of zombies in a field with a steak knife after I figured out that firing a gun to kill a squirrel is in fact, a bad idea.  Death 1

Find a gas station, decide to blow up a gas station for the lulz (who can resist really) escape the explosion easily and then turn a corner to get vomited on by a boomer.  I stab it and it explodes.  By the time my vision cleared I was surrounded by no less than 20 zombies.  Death 2.

Go to a bar.  There's a fucking bear in the bar.  Why is there a fucking bear in the bar.  Get eaten by bear. Death 3
...goddammit. I'm just gonna HAVE to go play Cataclysm, aren't I?  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: August 13, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »

Yep.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: August 13, 2011, 07:41:57 pm »

Now I know a bit more about Cataclysm and why it wants me to die horribly. I had a nice setup, a character with a name drawn from A Song of Ice and Fire, a mutation that let me see underwater with no downside, a massive stockpile of food, water, ammunition, weapons, tools and materials stockpiled in a cabin out in the woods, with a 4-wide ditch dug all around it, with scores of traps placed near the doors and windows. I come back after a long day of scavenging in the cities and go to sleep. Several hours later, I am woken by lightning striking nearby. Those of you familiar with the game knows what is coming next.

It turns out that "nearby" means "in the bathroom twelve spaces away". And, as it turns out, houses are remarkably flammable. I woke again a few minutes later when half my body had been charbroiled and quickly fled to a store I knew had a fire extinguisher. As it turns out, those don't work very well. With deep burns and in excruciating pain, with smoke filling my lungs, I attempt to reach a clinic. Key word: Attempt.

Fin Arya III. (All of my characters are named after Eddard Stark's children, and most of them are already nearing the double digits.)

On another note, same game, it turns out that it is a bad idea to take on security robots without body armor, but even worse if you forget to use your motherfucking TIME STOPPING BIONIC to kill them before they make you into a holey man.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: August 13, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »

I've never had lightning cause a cataclysmic fire before, I feel left out. :(
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1574