Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1572

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2326531 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2865 on: July 08, 2011, 02:43:17 am »

While I was backing up and slicing freaks heads off with a fire axe, I didn't notice the road ended in a cliff about 3 feet behind me.

Killing Floor.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: July 08, 2011, 03:08:57 am »

Me and my friend were playing through the last level of RSV2, because he was retarded and couldn't beat it. So we had a system going where I would just unload on the helicopter, while he would take out the guys. Or so I thought. So, on the second section of the helicopter fight, I was shooting it like a boss, while he was doing something else, some guys emerged from across the tennis court, right before the helicopter launched its rocket to end the second part of the fight. I back away because I know what's coming, and the missiles hit the little thing I was hiding behind. I was at the wall behind it, so I lived. I went back to where I was sitting, and started to pick off the guys, who had amassed to critical levels. I think during this time, my friend was standing around being useless, because he wasn't doing anything. Next thing I know, a grenade lands right next to me. I proceed to not do anything because I thought it was behind me. It exploded and I died. The spawn camera goes to my friend who's just standing there, spinning or some shit.

tl;dr, my friend is retarded and didn't shoot the bad guys, so I died.

We did go on to execute the BBEG. It was funny, though. When you execute him, you're supposed to aim at him for a minute, then shoot him. We skipped that entirely, so while the BBEG was lying on the ground dead, we were saying, "BBEG, we don't have to do this!". Right after the mini-cutscene ended, we fired. My friend had the 92FS (The weakest semi-auto pistol in the game), while I had the Raging Bull (The strongest semi-auto in the game). He fired first, hitting the guy in the chest. The guy didn't die, but it looked like he was hit by a shotgun, there was so much blood. My friend reloaded because that was his lost shot in the clip, so I took the shot, and gutted the guy. He flew like they do in the movies, arms and legs forward, while the body is propelled back. About 10 seconds later, the two teammates round the corner. My friend both shout at the same time, "WHERE WERE YOU?!" See, during the helicopter fight, your teammates are strangely absent. The fight is about 5 minutes long, and it shouldn't take that long to exit a little side entrance.

tl;dr, weak pistols break tension, teammates are retarded.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:13 am »

A hill giant smacked me straight into a troll chieftain. DDO.
I read that as "giant hill" rather than "hill giant" at first. I don't know why, but that would make that death more awesome.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2868 on: July 08, 2011, 06:49:08 am »

Building a Cathedral like in Diablo, i didn't realize how close i was to the HFS and i end up digging it out, can't wall it up in time and the Clowns tear up my fort before i can finish the Cathedral etc. at least.

A Diablo-style cathedral, torn up by invading hordes of demons from below. I'd say that finished the cathedral up quite nicely, wouldn't you?  ;)

True, but i hadn't finished everything, was still digging stuff out and building stuff etc.

Next time, i'm getting everything built before i dig in a spot i even remotely suspect of containing a Clown Tube.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 08, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »

I was torn apart by constructs. New level is hard level, for tier 2.

Spiral knights.
Everybody!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 08, 2011, 02:33:02 pm »

I was just chillin' in the gun shop when a bunch of giant hornets came out of nowhere and owned me.
Cataclysm
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: July 08, 2011, 06:24:55 pm »

I was trying to find the perfect spot to hide where I could see the RED exit, and the wife calls on me to wrangle the daughter.

Thanks, family, I always knew you'd get me killed eventually.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 08, 2011, 07:55:41 pm »

I was killed by a giant clam.

Serves me right for not bringing Mega medecine...

Suikoden.
Everybody!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: July 08, 2011, 08:14:05 pm »

Took a quest to kill some werewolf half way across the county from some guy who just recruited me to his guild.

After spending FIVE HOURS lost in the damn dungeon, nearly drowning twice because apperantly a minor skill in swimming amounts to barely moving an inch per minute when immersed in water.  I finally found the damn thing.  Looks like it's actually a wereboar.

My weapon materiel has no effect.  Well fuck, I should have expected this, and no silver weapons my class can use handy.  So I remove my sword and start fighting hand to hand, because I had learned from a friend earlier that hand to hand ignores materiel immunities, unfortunately I get my lizard ass handed to me, because also apperantly having a major skill in hand to hand also means that it's still basically useless.

It was probably just as well, because I spent so long getting hit by the thing that I probably caught the wereboar disease before I died anyway.  ::)   This is a very hard game.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »

A hill giant smacked me straight into a troll chieftain. DDO.
I read that as "giant hill" rather than "hill giant" at first. I don't know why, but that would make that death more awesome.

The hills are alive, with the sounds of slaughter.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: July 08, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »

This is a very hard game.
Daggerfall? From what I've heard(no experience with it) the were- diseases aren't that bad. Attribute boosts, and the ability to transform into a sexy barehanded god of war at will(with the occasional involuntary transformation)? Gimme.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 08, 2011, 09:06:37 pm »

Took a quest to kill some werewolf half way across the county from some guy who just recruited me to his guild.
-snip-
Game?

I think I either fell down some stairs and died after not realizing I was overweight and low on health, or I ragequit after Poppy died after I'd got him nearly out of the Puppy Cave.  Elona.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:14:14 pm by Farce »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 08, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »

Yea Daggerfall.  The lycanthropy stuff being overpowered is like what I heard, but I'm hoping to avoid all the hugely overstrong things.  It's bad enough I made a custom class with fire immunity, poison resistance, long blade expertise, and adrenaline rush in trade for not using any shields, blunt weapons, and having no mana regen.  None of the negatives being anything I had plans on using anyway.

Died again, this time to some fish and humanoid looking things in the water when I missed a jump over a channel, sank to the bottom probably from encumbrance and lack of swimming skill and got torn apart.   Still whole bunch of entertainment for an old, now freeware commercial product.  Not difficult to run on vista either with that setup program wikipedia had linked on their Daggerfall article.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 08, 2011, 11:07:00 pm »

Pissed off an M1 while flying an M5. By accidently pressing the fire button.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2879 on: July 09, 2011, 12:11:55 am »

Reincarnated as a CHAR Soldier, was doing fine for a while, suddenly no ammo and lots of zombies.

Rogue Survivor.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1572