Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376166 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23475 on: September 01, 2023, 04:32:39 am »

Pro tip: if you have mind control of your own you can negate enemy mind control with it. You can also target their mind control with hacking! I highly recommend having either system by the time you reach the flagship.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23476 on: September 01, 2023, 07:45:20 am »

Shot down a taser drone, but its momentum carried it into me where it, shocker, tased me.

Receiver 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23477 on: September 14, 2023, 04:49:20 pm »

I've been dying a lot. A lot a lot. I've been coping by accepting that this is mandatory for progression, even though it prevents progression. But, I beat the second big boss the first time by getting my ass kicked off the edge of the wall. He promptly followed me down, and even though I was already dead this counted as a victory. This happens a lot, but it's much nicer when they're a boss so they don't respawn and I don't have to try again...

I was killed five times in a row by the same fat dung eating barbarian. Knocked me off the edge, beat me to a pulp either a surprise back swing, hit me through the damn wall... fell off the edge after him when he fell right as I swung.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23478 on: September 14, 2023, 05:00:01 pm »

The first time I did blight town I 1) Went the wrong way, 2) Played on xbox 360, so the whole area was super laggy due to the water physics, 3) Was a mage and followed a guide that told me to wear zero poise armor which meant that literally every attack staggered me which frequently resulted in my death, 4) used a spear that couldn't hit up for some reason *cough* trash *cough*, so the flying bugs had about a 50% chance of being basically immune to my physical attacks.

It was pretty terrible.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 03:10:50 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23479 on: September 16, 2023, 08:13:30 am »

The second Sovereign scumbag responsible for my son's death was hanging out by a window, as you do.  I had a concussion hammer and a good angle, easy defenestration~

My pod would have picked both of us up, but loose katanas are kinda dangerous in a decompression scenario.  I kinda sorta tripped on his and (being frail) died instantly.  Bright side, I guess he died slowly.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23480 on: September 16, 2023, 04:13:59 pm »

My decent fighter was invited to the Venom Cult. I gladly accepted, having recently departed my last order on poor terms.
Having fought through another enemy cult's territory, I set my character to train while I take a shit.

Coming back later, I had Returned to Karma.  Apparently, the environmental venom killed me. Or maybe one of my various enemies poisoned me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23481 on: September 16, 2023, 04:38:48 pm »

(Necro from the before-times)
Honestly, my first time through, I just hid behind the door and snuck around him. Considering the fact that I was carrying ALL of the gold bars at the time, this was a somewhat nerve-wracking experience, especially with trying to out-smart the game (which didn't work too well... If memory serves, I ended up needing to be *less* effective at my sneakery for things to work out). No fight, just gotta try and book it while your pockets are jingle-jangle-jinglin'.

I then saved, and promptly reloaded the treasure vault save so I could cap the old fart in the back of his head.

I think my most memorable experience from Dead Money, though, was when I was dicking around with the melee weapons despite technically being a guns build (eyyy, max INT FO:NV. Totally balanced, man!). Was fighting a ghost person in VATS with my newly-constructed knife spear, and was marveling at how the Mauler special attack seems to be a direct upgrade with absolutely no downsides (some of the melee weapons are like this, others are quite the opposite. BALANCE), so I queued up a couple and went to town on Ghostie.

What happened was absolutely glorious. So, the Mauler attack has a chance to knock down an opponent... Except in this case, "knock down" apparently means "flip that poor bastard directly into the air" and the ghost person got launched. While he was somersaulting in slow motion, the next mauler attack in queue came up, and my character did the 360 blender spin that the attack requires. On his way to completing the attack though, the timing matched up perfectly so that the ghost person was juuust flipping completely upside-down, and the knife spear blade, swinging at chest height, cleanly sliced the ghost's head off.

I've wanted to do a full-on melee build ever since.
Holy shit that rules
Oh, also, Them's Good Eatin' is a waste of a perk in my opinion... You completely buy out traders with salvaged gunk, you're a "half-canninbal" without the game actually acknowledging it, and the only way of turning them into decent healing meds is to use the somewhat limited mutant cave fungus. And the base items don't even fill up your hunger! It's equal parts worthless, overpowered and just plain dumb, which doesn't sit well with me. Many mistakes were made on my first playthrough, heh.
Huh I didn't know the scavenge was even sellable.  Wait-
OHHH, this isn't from the actual cannibal perk, or even from the "upgrade" bonus which lets cannibals dine-and-dash.  Oof.  Yeah I don't like this- my favorite part of the cannibal perk is character-building, and it's occasionally referenced in dialogue (generally not as an advantage, heh).  This looks gross.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23482 on: September 18, 2023, 09:15:12 am »

Multiple attempts against the Queen Slime. The last attempt I got her down to about 300HP(from 18,000HP), which would have been another two or three Holy Arrows. But she managed to fly into me. For some reason the knockback pulled me into her.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23483 on: September 18, 2023, 06:15:15 pm »

Is... is that vanilla terraria, in currentyear? What madness :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23484 on: September 19, 2023, 12:09:13 pm »

In Morthal picking flowers, some half-naked "challenger" besmirches my wizard skills and challenges me to a duel.  Haha, okay, I'm a Breton-
*roasted and disintegrated*
Turns out the Apprentice stone is a -100% magic resist debuff O_o
Quote from: Eldred, on loading a save game
Of course, that's not what really happened.  Let me start again...
"I reject your challenge" "I don't care"
I dive behind a guard, who politely gets out of the way to watch this "duel".  My hireling brains the nutjob with a greatsword but that just makes him angry.  "This is supposed to be one on one!" he shouts as he blasts my nord meatshield unconscious.  Says who??  But okay, I summon my sword and start power-attacking him against a wall.  "You're supposed to use spells!" he malds as my literal spellsword cuts through him.

what a maroon
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23485 on: September 19, 2023, 06:06:09 pm »

The right to not get ganked ends when you use the red eye orb rather than the red soapstone.
Or something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23486 on: September 19, 2023, 09:34:18 pm »

Bretons are literally half-elves and they're the only "human" race worth playing in any TES, fight me you won't
(not you egan) (unless)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 09:38:11 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23487 on: September 19, 2023, 09:36:47 pm »

Haha, that means you already know that I'll fight you.

I won't tell you when though. :3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23488 on: September 19, 2023, 09:39:03 pm »

Oh wow ninja'd, I'll move this here then:
(Obviously there are plenty of reasons to play a jungle plains dwelling imperial, or a redguard, or I GUESS a nord.  I'm more looking for a game challenge.  Like Heat Signature, or Hotline Miami, or idk whatever)

Come at me, human~
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23489 on: September 19, 2023, 09:42:44 pm »

Humans may be fascinating but they're also boring. I think for a setting you have to either go all humans or none or make them unimportant somehow because yeah if they're just the more normal version of elves and dwarves and goblins then they're kinda just there.

I don't even remember the elder scrolls races besides the beastfolk and orcs and the rest are idk different kinds of elves and humans.
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 1575