Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377343 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22875 on: October 23, 2021, 02:46:44 am »

I wonder if KittyTac is an AliensRock fan. In a recent video, he said meese once about two moose.

I was the Queen of Daggerfall, with a single son. I was conquering nearby city states, when my only son died of consumption.
As I had no other relatives, and I was over 50 already, the run became instantly doomed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22876 on: October 23, 2021, 04:47:44 pm »

in real life; i cut my ring finger and pinky on my left hand pretty badly while cooking. pinky cut was minor but the ring finger, while not er-level, was definitely more than a boo-boo. applied first aid, and its in a sort of cocoon of water proof bandaids over a gauze patch and med tape to prevent water from getting in there.

what this means video game wise; i never realized how much i rely on my ring finger for wasd controls. i tried playing tarkov with the boys and got clapped because my movement was noticeably slower than normal cuz i cant tap the shift key easily nor the a-key.

i let the boys know and they were alright with it cuz i wasn't the pointman this time, but i went for a flank at the scav fort on customs and couldn't strafe correctly due to my finger. my boys ended up winning but just a day ago i could have clutched it.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #22877 on: October 23, 2021, 07:20:20 pm »

I played a moose while forgetting where the damage tracker was at, sacrificing a coyote in one lane and opening it up to get yeeted by a rattlesnake

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22878 on: October 24, 2021, 04:13:51 am »

Surprisingly, the plural of moose is just moose. Like with sheep.
I wonder if KittyTac is an AliensRock fan. In a recent video, he said meese once about two moose.

I was the Queen of Daggerfall, with a single son. I was conquering nearby city states, when my only son died of consumption.
As I had no other relatives, and I was over 50 already, the run became instantly doomed.

I just thought that since goose -> geese, then moose -> meese (and noose -> neese).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22879 on: October 24, 2021, 07:50:09 am »

There’s your problem: assuming English language rules actually make sense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22880 on: October 24, 2021, 08:35:39 am »

Wandering through the Undead Parish, there's one guy on the left of you just as you enter the church. Somehow he hits me through my shield, then somehow backstabs me despite facing front. He did this twice, though the second time was a legitimate backstab; I was rolling away from him when he hit me.

Tried fighting the Moonlight Butterfly. Except the help I summoned decided not to follow me into the boss room but instead picked a fight with the giant stone guys that I can't even beat. She probably killed it, but only lasted about ten seconds before getting bombed from orbit by the boss because she only had 1/3 of her health left. And also trying to protect her with my big shield and body doesn't work; the lasers actually go through both. Painfully.

EDIT: Was doing a random dungeon, came across a room which was a massive chasm with a narrow jumping/climbing part to get across. 1) Heights in VR are bad enough for me, 2) Jumping is a bit wonky, and 3) Screw that noise. I tried my corpse-paraglider trick. It still works but I couldn't hack off the corpse's arms. Unfortunately, this is what killed me. One of the flailing arms latched onto my hands which was TKing the corpse, causing me to drop straight down into the chasm.

As a side note, I've yet to see any other mention of somebody coming up with the corpse-glider.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:55:10 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22881 on: October 26, 2021, 07:57:49 am »

Was playing Horrific Housing, a game on Roblox. It game where eveyone has a house on a grass plot that floats in a void, and survive random disasters/events. Last one alive wins.

I died when someone wrote my name on the Death Note.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22882 on: October 31, 2021, 05:05:26 am »

Computer froze and died while both my accounts were in space with high value ships and cargoes, I just know they're going to be blown up by the time I can log in and move them which won't be soon, because the computer is pretty much dead.

EVE Online.

[Edit]
Wtf they survived nobody destroyed them

Laptop is barely able to run it tho and can't handle anything else, game over
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:53:33 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22883 on: November 06, 2021, 07:22:11 pm »

My falx glitched into the ground in the middle of a wave battle in a dungeon run. I had to pick up a cleaver falchion, which is significantly shorter(and not god-tier overpowered as the falx is). I got swarmed a bit, and whilst fencing with two foes, one armored and the other with a shield, I got shot by an archer.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22884 on: November 13, 2021, 08:47:40 pm »

Spoiler tags reversed because of spoilers, so the game is Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin.

PasswordTerminated

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22885 on: November 14, 2021, 05:14:06 pm »

Trained up a full squad of hippies with rifle skill so they'd actually be able to hit the side of a barn door. Got cocky and lead a full armed assault of the local army base to try to acquire the coveted Army Body Armour. Went about at well as would expect.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22886 on: November 15, 2021, 01:34:40 pm »

Twice now suffered massive explosions after cutting something, despite the laser not being anywhere near what exploded. First was a fuel tank... which was right next to several more fuel tanks. It was a fuel tanker, with both the inner and outer parts of the cargo ring being fuel tanks. Half the ship disintegrated. Somehow I actually survived that, despite already having half my health and being at the very center of the blast.

Second time, a coolant line exploded. Then the reactor, which I was right next to, detonated. Possibly due to the coolant line being violently cut.

EDIT: Had to abandon an otherwise very lucrative ship because the game bugged out and stopped letting me activate world objects with the F key. I actually had to let time run out on the previous shift because I couldn't access the hab door. And the last shift I couldn't disable the fuse boxes for the power generator.

Presumably, exiting and restarting the game would fix that, except the game does not save the ship in your bay when you exit the game. Was already almost at being denied the highest salvage score because I accidentally poked the thruster when trying to clear the area around the reactor. Luckily, the reactor didn't explode that time.

EDIT: Ahh damn it. Just barely missed out on a perfect salvage(>98%, 100% is impossible) on a Mackerel because one of the panels that detach from the side of the cockpit ended up under* the processor bay instead of going into it. I only spotted it with 10 seconds left in the shift, nowhere near enough time to fish it out. I had about 97.5% salvaged. On the plus side, I did figure out how to detach the aluminum parts of the cockpit(which goes in the furnace) from the nanocarbon parts(which go in the processor).

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:22:35 pm by Akura »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22887 on: November 18, 2021, 11:29:34 pm »

Using the latest official release, I'm autodocking with a space station, carrying my first passenger.  I get a warning of a ship nearby, which I ignore.

I see the ship is in front of me in the queue to dock.

My autopilot promptly drives my ship into the ship ahead of me.

...well, the space station message did warn me to watch out for other traffic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22888 on: November 29, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »

Discovered a... minor pitfall of housing turkeys and pigs in the same pen. Namely, pigs are ravenous monsters who will swarm any corpse in the pen, including pig corpses. Especially a problem for the turkeys since when using auto-slaughter and egg boxes, turkeys tend to go through cycles of mass slaughter just after the next batch hatches.

I'm actually a little surprised the pigs don't go for the eggs, egg boxes be damned.

EDIT: Geez, that one little screwup with the animals' food supply, and now they're all starving left and right. Burned through all of my own plant-based food supply(still have plenty of meat) trying to feed them with kibble, but it wasn't enough. Prior to that, my freezer was practically exploding with corn(and I'm using the Deep Storage mod). Now it's exploding with psychoid. A third of my muffaloes dying of plague alleviated the problem a little, both for the muffaloes and the pigs. Especially the pigs; it takes a while for even them to consume a whole plague-muffalo.

I did figure out I could just put all of them in a caravan and send them out where they can graze on the world map, but it took almost two days to assemble the caravan. Some of them didn't make it off the map, which also screws up the caravan formation process. According to the world map, there's over 130 animals. I don't think that's accurate, but I'm not going to count each and every animal. With auto-slaughter, I should have at most about 8 each of pigs, turkeys, and muffalo(not counting juvies), a dozen each of horses and donkeys.

EDIT2: Cybran campaign mission 5 is absolute bullshit. The AI is almost certainly cheating in radar coverage since they were directly attacking my cloaked Moles and other units outside vision range - maybe since the second objective involves destroying T3 radars, one of which is not far from the first objective. Which is still bullshit since the other side is still getting radar coverage from off-map, possibly even Omni coverage(which negates radar stealth/jamming). Then I'm dealing with constant attacks, including gunships(I hate gunships), and the complete inability to build a navy because the enemy parked an unknown amount of submarines right next to my base, which I can't dislodge because I can't build a navy(or sonar detector). Almost killed my commander before I knew he was under attack.

Another second-phase objective is destroying several naval factories, which have a seemingly endless supply of engineers supporting them. I hit one with T3 bombers. I clearly see it explode, I clearly see the bombs doing enough damage that the last bomb would kill it, but when the smoke cleared it was at 50% and repairing rapidly.

I try building a swarm of T3 bombers to ensure a definite kill-strike. Then the game hit the RAM limit and crashed THE END.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:00:44 am by Akura »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22889 on: December 13, 2021, 06:00:39 pm »

One of a bunch of lvl 2 monsters in arena turned out to be a golden bell. I couldn't kill it, it didn't attack me. I ended up starving to death while shooting at it.

Elona+ Custom G  ::)

FAKEEDIT: Yeah, that's the worst.  ::)

EDIT: Got teleport disiase from etherwind while in a wilderness. Now i keep dying to this shit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 08:51:57 pm by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 1575