Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377354 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22860 on: October 02, 2021, 02:22:52 pm »

Well, there's a reason Dark Souls is the one that got popular and Demon Souls is the hipster choice...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22861 on: October 02, 2021, 02:44:11 pm »

And they left that feature completely unchanged in the remake.

It's kind of funny, ideally you want to rework poorly implemented ideas like these, but any attempt to make world tendency actually make sense would end up going contrary to the idea's initial intent. There's no way of winning besides cutting it out entirely like in Dark souls.

I just wish I knew what the original designers were thinking when they implemented that!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22862 on: October 02, 2021, 08:16:49 pm »

Killed the Taurus Demon. Was pretty easy once I came to the fight slightly-better prepared.

...Then I walked right into the instant-death zone of the next problem I have to deal with. To be fair, I pretty much expected it though and wanted to see what would happen. Death, by the way. Death happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22863 on: October 02, 2021, 08:52:21 pm »

Keep in mind that with axe and club weapons, a missed swing will make your character stumble a little bit and add more ending lag than if you had hit. But I like them a lot if you know you're going to hit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22864 on: October 02, 2021, 11:47:24 pm »

I probably shouldn't tell you this because it will hurt you in the long run, but if you're doing what I think you're doing, then when you go under the bridge use your bow and shoot the tail until it drops a sword. It's a pretty good weapon and doesn't get any scaling from stats so it does kind of free you to just raise your HP and equip load (or Faith or Int if you're into casting), but you should still keep building your primary attack stat to a reasonable level. Once you've rung both bells, the Drake Sword just can't deal enough damage to keep up from then on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22865 on: October 02, 2021, 11:54:45 pm »

I never used that since it's tedious to get the cheesy way and really hard to get the legit way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22866 on: October 03, 2021, 12:38:54 am »

I only used it the first time I played through and then I found out the hard way why having a crutch do all the heavy lifting for you is a bad thing.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22867 on: October 10, 2021, 09:53:10 am »

Had a mirror match with another May player in Guilty Gear Strive. Nothing worse for your ego than getting your ass kicked by someone just doing your strategy but stupider- and winning- because your physical execution is subpar.

Ugh. Fighting games. Why you got to be so uncompromising about how much work I have to put in for my winning dopamine?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22868 on: October 13, 2021, 04:28:29 pm »

Playing SnowRunner again, this time on hard mode, which makes pretty much everything cost money, including fixing shit and refueling. It's a rather different experience where you need to plan shit out way more and mistakes are punished much more harshly, and if you are too shit you can easily hard lock your self from completing the game by running out of cash.

So I was feeling real clever when I started siphoning fuel from a giant 5k liter trailer that was part of one of the mission chains that unlocks a ton of following missions. So clever in fact that I intentionally skipped doing the mission for a while just to be able to nick fuel for free from the trailer whenever I needed to. Hell, I even got a a tanker add-on for one of the trucks to be able to ferry that shit to other regions. Imagine my horror when I finally emptied the thing and decided I'd like to deliver it now and collect my cash and reputation, as well as continue the mission chain, got it to the delivery place and it failed to register it. As it turns out, you're supposed to get the full thing delivered, not a drop missing.
I then recall that restarting a mission also resets any specific trailers related to it back to their original state, so I casually reset and still feel smug, completely failing to check the trailer itself to see if was actually refilled when it was returned to the starting location.

Turns out it doesn't, so now I gotta find 5k liters of fuel from somewhere, which is not fucking cheap :I

Edit:
And after cashing out and driving a bunch, it turns out the trailer sticks around until you complete the entire mission, and you can just empty it afterwards without any issues with completing the mission :V
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 05:22:46 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22869 on: October 14, 2021, 08:44:20 am »

Killed by a giant mummy throwing black balls of magic at me in Diablo II: Resurrected.

A very embarrassing death since greater mummies are not very dangerous on their own, and I'd just fought past a ton of skeletons and ghosts to get inside the room.  I always try my hardest to get as far as I can without dying once, despite never playing hardcore, and I was miffed to die before even making it to Duriel.  Duriel didn't even kill me, but a stupid greater mummy did.

That's the danger with playing with the game muted I suppose.  I didn't realize the 5 of them were even attacking me instead of my golem and mercenary.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22870 on: October 21, 2021, 01:16:22 pm »

Got stun-locked to death by a nine-year-old.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22871 on: October 21, 2021, 01:30:11 pm »

i need to upgrade my gear; im running t1 plasma weapons and t1 dominator armor and against higher rank combatants my lack of resistance and damage is telling. i got blasted a whole bunch of times while defending points.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #22872 on: October 21, 2021, 02:24:22 pm »

I got hit by a train. Then I got hit by a train. Then....you get the idea.

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22873 on: October 22, 2021, 09:30:24 pm »

Fucking wasps and their slowing sting... They're the new mooses (meese?).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22874 on: October 23, 2021, 02:26:41 am »

Surprisingly, the plural of moose is just moose. Like with sheep.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 1575