Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377406 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22830 on: August 29, 2021, 08:19:52 am »

Thanks to that wonderful problem known as Joycon Drift, not mention connection problems between the Joycon and the console, I was unable to face the red slimes that were swarming me. Luckily I hadn't done much that day and could restart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22831 on: September 10, 2021, 07:01:44 am »

After much joyous slaughter involving split second parries and nasty feints, carving my way through the enemy team, I got my skull caved in by a midget with a maul.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #22832 on: September 11, 2021, 12:33:56 am »

While exploring the modded lands of Tamriel Rebuilt, I fell to my death off the vine-streets of Marog, becoming just like the many other hapless tourists there the Telvanni warned me about

Morrowind
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22833 on: September 13, 2021, 02:13:03 pm »

Died because my left controller lost tracking/input right near the end of the level. Left controls movement, and keeps the last input is received, thus I was forcibly walked into a large horde of zombies. And of course, left is my main hand for throwing and powers, so I couldn't use a grenade or Storm power before I was too close to not kill myself with those.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22834 on: September 14, 2021, 05:50:52 pm »

I would have died if I didn't use clairvoyance

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22835 on: September 15, 2021, 04:49:57 am »

Defeated the Prologue "The Man with the Guardian Spirit" with some difficulty but still doable after learning more how to play.
Defeated the 1st mission "Isle of Demons" with a lot more difficulty and lots of deaths, but it became progressively doable after more XP/equipment grinding, the boss was very hard to me and kicked my sorry bottom a lot. But with the help of various items and superweapon thingy i finally managed to destroy it once.

Now after unlocking the world map, at the same location of the Isle of Demons mission, if you press a button/key there's a "side mission" behind it (it was not obvious to me)
Defeated the side mission "Death to Bandits" surprisingly easily dying only once. It's actually nice to have no silly overpowered enemies in a mission for once.
Re completed this side mission a few more times to grind XP and equipments (lots of revenants to grind optionally too with the players graves, and extremely rarely you can get a good loot from them so even if they're harder than normal enemies it can be worth it).

Then when i felt ready for the 2nd mission "Deep in the Shadow" , i went there.
After getting lost a lot (those caves reminded me a bit of the first Tenchu on psx that had a mission in a similar cave) and dying several time (most were stupid deaths, some a bit surprising like those damned bats pushing me over an edge while i forgot to use my guard and a few in which i didn't paid attention enough to the big demons combo and their massive silly damage), i finally reached the 2nd mission boss.

Oh looks like some vampire woman thingy, after all those big demons around, she looked noticably smaller (and less threatening than previous boss) and for some reason has a silly umbrella so hopefully she'll deal less damage by strike, and my level/equipment grinding will be helpfull to resist whatever silly new attacks she's going to use.
How wrong i was ... killed me so many time i decided to go back to the world map and grind a bit more before trying again. And that's only the 2nd mission.

game : Nioh
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:52:15 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22836 on: September 15, 2021, 01:47:24 pm »

I would have died if I didn't use clairvoyance

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)

I play enough tinkers that I'm excited when I see a room like that. You'll need a good way to avoid/mitigate damage, and you'll need to fight, then run back around the wall a few times, but half of the turrets will kill each other with that setup. Although decapitating them is better, because you get rarer tinkering bits.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22837 on: September 17, 2021, 03:50:38 am »

Well, I did not die, but still...

I just walk into Riften, intending to sell some wares. But instead, I see the whole place in chaos.
I look what is going on, and see Dawnguard in the city, fighting guards and murdering shopkeepers. I killed them, but by the time I did so, Balimund (Smith) and Madesi (Jeweler) were dead.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Dawnguard DLC)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22838 on: September 17, 2021, 05:12:06 am »

Nioh, optional side mission "Invitation to the Warrior of the West" , that mission is only a 1vs1 boss battle and features the boss from the 4th mission (the very long mission that had the Nue monster as the mid-boss) that i killed surprisingly easily (he walks a lot, allowing me to switch to my bow despite how very clunky in that game to switch weapon with a keyboard, hit him in the head leading him to fall on the ground, rush to stab him , run back to wait for him to walk again, repeat until boss death).

So let's apply the same tactic, should be as easy, right ?.
Oh , how wrong i was, how very wrong i was

:D

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22839 on: September 19, 2021, 12:36:46 pm »

My second colony has now succumbed to the drought, leaving only a pile of dusty beaver skeletons to suggest that this barren wasteland was ever a thriving civilization.

Learning from the mistakes of the first colony, the second survived their first drought by stockpiling food and water. But when the drought ended, the beavers got a bit too excited in their celebrations, leading to a sudden population boom. When the second drought came there were so many hungry baby beavers running around that our provision reserves didn't stand a chance.

It is clear to me now that a successful colony must follow the ancient teachings passed down from our beaver forefathers. We must build dams! No longer shall we suffer the whims of the fickle rivers, for we shall become the masters of the waters, and command them to flow only where we decree most proper! This is the way!

-Timberborn

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22840 on: September 21, 2021, 04:53:33 pm »

Get a quest to fish up 10 Tuna within 6 days because "overpopulation". Catch dozens of fish, only two were Tuna. Caught only two more the next day, both days fishing from ~10AM-~6PM(Tuna stops appearing at 7PM). Some overpopulation there, Demetrius. Third day was the Luau, so I can't fish at the beach. At this rate, I probably won't finish in time.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22841 on: September 21, 2021, 10:31:08 pm »

Hit by a snowball from a stupid snowman that won't shut up while trying to climb a tree.  1 damage from the snowball, 2 from the fall.  Dead, please try again and collect all of those notes again.  97/100 doesn't count.

Try again  Pecked by a stupid bird in a hole while trying to climb a tree.  1 damage from the bird, 3 from the fall, 1 more from landing in the briars.  Dead, please try again and collect all of those notes again.  98/100 doesn't count.

Banjo-Kazooie is easily a 9/10 game, but having to collect all of the notes in one go is infuriating and keeps it from being 10/10.  And the camera.  Anyone who only played the remake just doesn't know the experience of playing the entirety of Click Clock Wood 4 times because you didn't get every last note in one life.  I spent less time in Rusty Bucket Bay somehow on this go around.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22842 on: September 23, 2021, 05:03:09 am »

Playing it on Switch, Jevil was easy enough.

Playing it on PC, Jevil is kicking my ass. Two moves in particular that almost make punch my monitor: that one with the spiraling spades(contrary to what people claim, sitting in the corner does not work), and that carousel attack.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22843 on: September 24, 2021, 11:48:45 am »

The carousel attack is extremely hard to avoid.  Never tried it on the Switch, but I can confirm it sucks to dodge on the PC.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22844 on: September 25, 2021, 02:58:29 pm »

Entered the Battlespire for my Legion placement trial, extremely naked for some reason.  Fortunately I brought a "tunic", aka tattered rag with less coverage than a typical bra, but whatever, I'll get a uniform.

Oh no the place is covered in corpses and scamps.  Good thing I have my iron bow with elven arrows, and a nice elven dagger.

Except I can't use my dagger for some reason?  I chose iron as my banned material, I didn't think that would include elven ones.  Oops.  Fortunately I can equip my IRON BOW and elven arrows just fine...?

I negotiated with the scamps for absolutely nonsensical information and a truce.  The next room was full of lava, with platforms running through it.  I raised half the platforms with a button, them hopped down in search of the other button.  Oops, the second button was up above.  And it was too high to jump back up (despite taking Jumping as a skill), and climbing doesn't seem to be a thing, so I just sorta wandered around until I determined I was softlocked and took a lava bath.

Then I got rescued but imprisoned and fed well but died of old age in captivity??  What a rollercoaster epilogue, particularly after getting trapped in a lava pit trap.

Battlespire, "An Elder Scrolls Legend" indeed.

Bonus:  Restarted to confirm that the elven dagger was banned by the "iron" restriction (it is) and to see if males get an actual tunic (they do).  I tried going back through the portal but it shoved me backward, off a railing-less balcony and down several stories to my death capture and eventual death by old age.  It even specifies that I never see another living soul - but they're feeding me decent food!  Truly the machinations of Mehrunes Dagon are beyond mortal ken.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:00:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 1575