Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 1572

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2327620 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22590 on: December 20, 2020, 08:49:03 am »

Had a good idea. Send a fleet of Juggernauts to Sybille's capital and use Imp Bunker Busters(read: nuclear missiles) and level her palace for an instant win. If need be, hold out until I can personally drop into the battle, using some recently acquired abilities such as Crippling Roar(sabotages everything in a radius), Eye of the Patriarch(discount nuke), and Pillar of Flame to cut through any defenses. I have a Pioneer card from the waifu storyline, which gives +500 recruits(your resource) at the start of battle, so paying for the nukes wouldn't be an issue.

The problem: Sybille has amassed such a massive army(she's conquered most of the map) at her capital, and my political decisions have left me with only 10% support with the dwarves(the race inhabiting their capital), that the invisible victory timer for overwhelming army size starts the moment combat starts, and I literally cannot put enough forces in play to stop it. Even if I could bring a conventional army large enough to challenge hers, the lack of dwarven support means I can't deploy them to avoid a complete loss.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: December 20, 2020, 01:33:04 pm »

Decided to hunt some Thrumbos. That was a devastatingly bad idea resulting in near total party loss. I say "near total", because one of my colonists turned out to be a total wimp and algophobe. So instead of bleeding to death like a warrior, he actually passed out and starved to death. (I was really hoping he'd wake up and rescue a conveniently fallen from the sky unaligned person, but he decided being a wimp was a more productive use of his time.)

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: December 20, 2020, 04:31:00 pm »

I'm running into problems with barbarians. Not because there's too many, but because there are two horrifically bad bugs.

1) Barbarian numbers do NOT reduce when I fight them. Their morale does, but their numbers don't. Mine do, however, which means that all I can do is hope that I'm strong enough to beat them down until their morale is so low they get wiped.

2) When the AI is at war with me, barbarians become non-hostile to them. I had 20k barbs help my enemy siege down a fort.

Combine those two, and you get the occasional situation where an enemy army becomes unbeatable except by massively outnumbering them, because I have to fight a combined enemy-indestructible barbarian army.

Imperator: Rome
EDIT: Well, the game's now actively fucking with me.

Who would win: An army of light infantry, light cavalry, and chariots that outnumbers me 1.5:1 with a commander 1 better than mine, or an army consisting of chariots, heavy cavalry and heavy infantry with 15% higher discipline, better military tech, that is defending in hills over a river crossing with another 10k troops of similar composition on the way which will invert the outnumbering?
If you guessed me, you'd be mind-bogglingly incorrect. My army got *stomped*. I then hired mercenaries. They got to full morale... And the game treated them as if they had 0 when they got attacked, resulting in me getting stackwiped the instant they were attacked. And I mean instant. The same day that the enemy army arrived in the province, they apparently all decided suicide was better than fighting.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:02:24 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22593 on: December 23, 2020, 01:03:46 am »

Taking both a minigun and a plasma minigun is a terrible idea, since you'll never have ammo for them, but miniguns!

Although ammo wasn't necessarily what killed me (it probably forced more aggressive play), an elite IDPD inspector bitch slapped me with a laser sword.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: December 23, 2020, 07:16:10 am »

Unless you're dual wielding double miniguns, you don't have enough minigun.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: December 23, 2020, 01:46:52 pm »

ah, the elusive double double miniguns...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: December 23, 2020, 07:07:15 pm »

ah, the elusive double double miniguns...

I know your penis is awesome, but there’s no need to brag.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: December 24, 2020, 06:55:05 am »

Nuclear Throne is really the game that i am truly bad at it, and it seems that's only me that is that bad :D
After getting the free version the dev released for the first covid lockdown, i read so often people talking about doing "loops", it's too easy and etc.. while my very best attempt had me only reaching stage 3-2  and it felt really like a miracle to get there :D

I usually go out of ammo somewhere in stage 2 anyways as everything seems to take a lot more bullets to kill, ruining my ammo preserving attempts in stage 1.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: December 24, 2020, 10:53:18 am »

I played a card without reading what it does, so angry Khrushchev yelled at me, causing a thermonuclear war.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: December 24, 2020, 10:57:13 am »

I cleared Meridia's temple for her and due to explosions probably got two copies of Dawnbreaker.
As a reward, Meridia dropped me to my death.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22600 on: December 24, 2020, 12:53:52 pm »

Nuclear Throne is really the game that i am truly bad at it, and it seems that's only me that is that bad :D
After getting the free version the dev released for the first covid lockdown, i read so often people talking about doing "loops", it's too easy and etc.. while my very best attempt had me only reaching stage 3-2  and it felt really like a miracle to get there :D

I usually go out of ammo somewhere in stage 2 anyways as everything seems to take a lot more bullets to kill, ruining my ammo preserving attempts in stage 1.

Assuming pre-loop I don't know how you run out of ammo that quick.

Melee is actually low-key busted in this game, it doesn't need ammo and you can deflect enemy bullets with it.  The crossbow does some of the most damage per ammo spent in early game but you have to hit with it or at least get the Bolt Marrow mutation.  Scarier Face cuts enemy hp by a bit, and the various more-ammo mutations are pretty essential.  Also, the yellow ammo chest in each level gives you ammo for the weapon you are holding in your hands, so don't open it with a weapon with full ammo.  The gift-box versions give you ammo for guns you don't have.

You can also skip red chests for the chance to get a bigger chest next level, with three guns of a potentially higher quality.

You could play Robot but I think you unlock him much later.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22601 on: December 24, 2020, 10:18:41 pm »

You can also skip red chests for the chance to get a bigger chest next level, with three guns of a potentially higher quality.

So that’s what that vague hint about abandoning chests meant.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #22602 on: December 25, 2020, 09:10:01 am »

If you leave a red chest unopened, then next level it rolls a chance to replace the red chest with a big red chest. If that roll fails, it'll roll again next level and so on till you get it. If you skip more chests, then it'll increase the chance. The portal can open chests near where it opens so you also might want to pay attention to where you're killing the last enemy.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22603 on: December 25, 2020, 01:53:18 pm »

I didn't knew about that chest skipping trick, that's nice to keep that in mind instead of rushing into the chest as soon as possible to avoid losing it in case i accidentally trigger the portal by killing a last enemy.
Not that it will help my poor old reflexes :D

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22604 on: December 25, 2020, 02:16:00 pm »

Reinstalled Slay the Spire to see if the new balance changes were any good. Trying to get the Defect up to ascension 9 (also, trying to beat 10 with ironclad and watcher, and one run at 17 with Silent).

Out of my deck of 10-ish cards, 3 were claws. Sadly, my only source of drawing more cards was my upgraded coolheaded (1 frost, draw 2 cards). I made it as far as halfway through the 3rd level, and died as quickly as the first elite (goblin hob, and I had too little offense).

Is it just me, or does the defect suck?
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 1572